OT Hurricane Florence | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT Hurricane Florence

Reaction Score
Darn...this thing has taken a turn aimed for the extreme western Carolina mountains...according to the spaghetti models, I'll be seeing what's left.....probably not much wind at my place but a lot of rain... rivers might be over flowing...oh well, I'm up high.

Reaction Score
Duck, North Carolina.

#ironictownnames *

* CL82 fully recognizes the seriousness of this storm and the risk to life, limb and property. His thoughts and prayers are with the people of North Carolina and all affected by this storm. CL82 just likes words and sometimes finds them funny. CL82 is not responsible for the things he posts due to a head injury he incurred as a child. If you are offended reading a CL82, please take that into account.
Very nice little town immediately south of Corolla which is where my family has a house. Slightly comforting that we are apparently just at the northern bound of the most recent warnings.

Also as the updates keep coming it looks like the forecast is pushing the storm further and further south once it hits land. Another good thing for us. Looking like SC may take the brunt of it

Reaction Score
And now for some juvenile humor in the face of impending disaster . . .

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 3.29.45 PM.png

Reaction Score
Who knew ECU would be the smart ones..

Not sure if it was Andrew or an earlier hurricane; but, I distinctly remember a storm that ripped apart U Miami's campus and students were living in tents after, except for Jimmy Johnson's football team who were staying at the Ritz or something up in Ft. Lauderdale?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There goes the ECU road trip...

I lived in Raleigh when Fran hit in 96.

We skipped town and went to Clemson to stay with some friends still in school.

First day I’m back home I’m getting the mail from the big bank of mailboxes in our complex. There is like a four foot snake that was about 18 different colors between me and the mail.

I left the mail to my roommates after that.

Classic NYP story though calling those ‘killer’ snakes. Get bit by a copperhead and you’ll have a painful few days but you aren’t going to die.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I lived in Raleigh when Fran hit in 96.

We skipped town and went to Clemson to stay with some friends still in school.

First day I’m back home I’m getting the mail from the big bank of mailboxes in our complex. There is like a four foot snake that was about 18 different colors between me and the mail.

I left the mail to my roommates after that.

Classic NYP story though calling those ‘killer’ snakes. Get bit by a copperhead and you’ll have a painful few days but you aren’t going to die.

Can't you just roll with it??

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
But he’s on wet grass!
I like how weather wonks chime in in his defense. Saying he was in the midst of 11 hours of coverage and his balance was fragile in the elements.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom