OT Hurricane Florence | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Hurricane Florence

Reaction Score
Can we try to switch around our schedule? UCF should come on up to the Madhouse in Middle Connecticut and play us again!

Reaction Score
Not sure why they won't just switch sites. Play the UNC/UCF game in Florida. Then at a later date schedule a game in NC. Same with the WVU game. I understand, accommodations, logistics, ect but everyone knew this storm was coming since the weekend so proactive thinkers should have been able to switch sites. It isn't like the NCAA is ever going to be able to avoid hurricanes disrupting scheduled games so why not think ahead.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Not sure why they won't just switch sites. Play the UNC/UCF game in Florida. Then at a later date schedule a game in NC. Same with the WVU game. I understand, accommodations, logistics, ect but everyone knew this storm was coming since the weekend so proactive thinkers should have been able to switch sites. It isn't like the NCAA is ever going to be able to avoid hurricanes disrupting scheduled games so why not think ahead.
Still a matter of getting from UNC to Orlando, on top of the other dozens of logistical issues involved in changing a site of a college football game. Unfortunately it is not that easy.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Still a matter of getting from UNC to Orlando, on top of the other dozens of logistical issues involved in changing a site of a college football game. Unfortunately it is not that easy.

It would be alot easier if UNC was 14-0 and ranked while UCF was some middling P5 squad. Then UNC would magically have the ability to pack it all on a couple tractor trailers and come south.

Reaction Score
As a Florida resident, this is nothing. Hurricanes really aren't that bad. It really along the shore line where you need to worry. Storm surges and flooding is the main problem. Tornadoes are worse. My brother is currently living in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. I'm just glad this one isn't headed toward us this time. It was a year ago when Irma ripped through the center of Florida. My landlord recently installed impact resistant windows which is huge. For anyone in North Carolina, be safe and prepare! Bottled water, batteries, non perishable foods. Get a camping stove and propane bottles to boil water if needed. Fill your bath tubs with water just in case. You can never be too prepared.

The models indicate that Florence is going to hit the coast and then take her sweet time hanging out in North Carolina and Virginia leaving behind 20" of rain in some parts. That is not going to be fun for anyone.

As for you list, you forgot to stock-up on adult beverages, especially if one has kids at home who due to the potential loss oof the internet and power may not be able to play Fortnite for a few days.

Reaction Score

And money...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Dan Wolken‏ @DanWolken 33m 33 minutes ago
Football games being cancelled due to extreme weather is not an irregular occurrence anymore. It’s happening every year. NCAA needs to build a second bye week into the season for flexibility.

Just start a week earlier. Yeah you’ll miss some student attendance but the world will keep spinning.

Reaction Score
Just start a week earlier. Yeah you’ll miss some student attendance but the world will keep spinning.

I also like the thought of building the second bye week into the end of the season before the conference championship games...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I also like the thought of building the second bye week into the end of the season before the conference championship games...

Yeah the bowls hate that less time for people to plan travel.

Everything that makes sense never works....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Shoot some bowl games... ;)

It’s college football - you want things that make sense?

I’m not sure that works though because you’ve still got a holding pattern - just fewer people.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Duck, North Carolina.

#ironictownnames *

* CL82 fully recognizes the seriousness of this storm and the risk to life, limb and property. His thoughts and prayers are with the people of North Carolina and all affected by this storm. CL82 just likes words and sometimes finds them funny. CL82 is not responsible for the things he posts due to a head injury he incurred as a child. If you are offended reading a CL82, please take that into account.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Down here in Charlottesville... UVA has moved their Noon start game with Ohio U. to Nashville.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom