OT Hurricane Florence | The Boneyard

OT Hurricane Florence

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
life in the Carolinas should be fun this weekend:

Reaction Score
Most of the schools have evacuated. There won't be any games there this weekend.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
now been upgraded to a Category 4 Hurricane:

Reaction Score
now been upgraded to a Category 4 Hurricane:

As a Florida resident, this is nothing. Hurricanes really aren't that bad. It really along the shore line where you need to worry. Storm surges and flooding is the main problem. Tornadoes are worse. My brother is currently living in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. I'm just glad this one isn't headed toward us this time. It was a year ago when Irma ripped through the center of Florida. My landlord recently installed impact resistant windows which is huge. For anyone in North Carolina, be safe and prepare! Bottled water, batteries, non perishable foods. Get a camping stove and propane bottles to boil water if needed. Fill your bath tubs with water just in case. You can never be too prepared.

Reaction Score
As a Florida resident, this is nothing. Hurricanes really aren't that bad. It really along the shore line where you need to worry. Storm surges and flooding is the main problem. Tornadoes are worse. My brother is currently living in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. I'm just glad this one isn't headed toward us this time. It was a year ago when Irma ripped through the center of Florida. My landlord recently installed impact resistant windows which is huge. For anyone in North Carolina, be safe and prepare! Bottled water, batteries, non perishable foods. Get a camping stove and propane bottles to boil water if needed. Fill your bath tubs with water just in case. You can never be too prepared.
It is also supposed to stall and spin after making landfall. Catastrophic flooding very possible for much of the region.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Not that this important at all in these circumstances but last year UCF missed a game vs GTech because of the hurricane down there last year and will miss a game vs UNC this year. Losing opportunities to beat ACC teams is bad news for UCF. Having one fewer “data points” and SOS was justification for them not in the playoffs last year. Granted this year UNC may be the worst P5 team. Got hammered by an ECU team that got beat by FCS NCAT over the weekend.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

"Please advise coaches and boosters that if they are giving recruits vehicles, they should be 4x4s, and the booster or coach should show the recruits how to engage 4-wheel drive in order that said recruit may drive safely during this weather emergency. Please do not contact your NCAA officials for help with questions regarding recruits and 4x4s, so that we can maintain a veneer of ignorance. Thank you for your cooperation."

Reaction Score
As a Florida resident, this is nothing. Hurricanes really aren't that bad. It really along the shore line where you need to worry. Storm surges and flooding is the main problem.
Harvey says hello. Similarly, some forecasts suggest Florence or related fronts may head inland and hover over NC or VA for a few days. In areas already saturated from prior heavy rainfalls, Florence's potential 1-2 feet of rain could be quite something. Hence, coastal schools already closed with students evacuating and inland schools already initiating plans for student evacuations and weekend game cancellations.

Reaction Score
life in the Carolinas should be fun this weekend:

My daughter goes to school in UNC Wilmington.. She said evacuation route is at stand still already on Tuesday morning.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Other than maybe storrsroars' comment or weak African rains tweet, there was an actual joke? OK, then it blew right past my head. Whoosh, not the 1st nor last time.

Yes mocking UNC for not having athletes go to class never gets old.

LOL unless you are a snowflake who blocked me and can’t see the joke.

Reaction Score
My daughter goes to school in UNC Wilmington.. She said evacuation route is at stand still already on Tuesday morning.
Given NC and SC officials effectively told everyone to leave the Outer Banks and other immediate coastal areas in NC and northern SC, it's really no surprise. Limited highways and other roads; lots of departing people. Current Florence forecasts

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Other than maybe storrsroars' comment or weak African rains tweet, there was an actual joke? OK, then it blew right past my head. Whoosh, not the 1st nor last time.

It was listing when schools in the Carolinas were shutting down this week and said “UNC classes cancelled starting 1991”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom