OT - Howard Stern | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Howard Stern

Reaction Score
I think his interview skills are way over rated. I have been listening to him since his channel 9 days and am a big fan. He is good because he will ask the outrageous question and many times guest will answer them. However he always interrupts when a guest is speaking. Half the time I don't think he is even listening to the answer but becomes more interested in asking the next question. So many times I will scream at the radio, "will you please let him answer the question"
But still love the show. Definitely liked it when Artie and stuttering John were still on the show.

I think he is still fantastic despite that fact. I get annoyed when he starts talking about himself during an interview but his interviews have great flow, IMO.

I really miss Artie. I never understood fans who say they thought Jackie was better, I thought he was terrible.

Reaction Score
I think he is still fantastic despite that fact. I get annoyed when he starts talking about himself during an interview but his interviews have great flow, IMO.

I really miss Artie. I never understood fans who say they thought Jackie was better, I thought he was terrible.

Really like Artie always thought he would be back. I keep wondering if they will fill that chair. Sometimes it seems like they are auditioning Shuli for that seat. Jackie was funny especially when the rest of the gang would goof on him. Listen to Jackie's Joke hunt sometimes its not bad

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Artie couldn't go back. That gig almost killed him.

Reaction Score
Listen to the jewel interview. Real question that 99%the of media will not ask.

Jackie was terrible.. most of artie was great

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
yup... lived out of her car, parked it next to her mom's lol

funny interview

Reaction Score
Great interviewstart with Billy joel, lady gaga and many more..

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
The Gaga interview and her live rendition of Edge of Glory was amazing. I was never a fan of hers but I immediately bought that album. As a Midwesterner who was always stuck with Bob and Tom and saw Howard only on the E! channel, I took a chance and bought a lifetime in Dec '05 right before he joined. I am glad I did. I enjoyed Bubba's Sirius show as well and it was different, edgy. I do miss Scott Ferrall in the evenings.

The David Spade interview the other day discussed a lot of his time with Farley and as 16/17 year old when Tommy Boy came out, I loved that movie. Howard asks almost everything I want to know in an interview and he doesn't settle for the media friendly answer, and for that I enjoy his interviews.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
his 3-4 work days a week isn't fun but its nice that you can catch up on missed episodes of the show

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
I've been a big fan for over 15 years, but I cancelled my Sirius subscription when they went to the 3 day schedule. I don't see how you can really compare Jackie to Artie - on air Jackie hung more in the background but contributed a ton behind the scenes, whereas Artie fit so well into the minute to minute conversations on the show. Both eras were great.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I hope some of you hear the Mike Tyson interview this week. WOW! Mike said that he had regular sex with his female drug counselor while locked up in prison. I live in the same town as where he was locked up. I must find out who this is.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
he just interviewed Maria Menounos... Howard digs deep, got her boyfriend to spit out a lot of stuff

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
anyone listening to the Van Halen interview this morning with Mike and Sam... not Van! (I don't know the band members). they're even talking about Wolfie

Reaction Score
Trying to find the fight on today's show. Which segment was it during

Reaction Score
Howard is one of the best interviewers around……overall funny not so much. Any of us can be funny given the leeway and rope he ha sheen given. Talking about sex, tits and p***y amongst other unacceptable standard radio issues can be funny if given the opportunity!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Howard is one of the best interviewers around……overall funny not so much. Any of us can be funny given the leeway and rope he ha sheen given. Talking about s e x, tits and p* *y amongst other unacceptable standard radio issues can be funny if given the opportunity!
If that was true there would be 100 guys as successful. There aren't any.

Reaction Score
If that was true there would be 100 guys as successful. There aren't any.

I guess if they wanted to be in radio huh? I have friends that are funnier than him when they talk about T & A I know that but I guess it's in what you like…….for me he's a talented interviewer but not all that funny of a guy overall……..but when you have a following I guess everyone believes, kind of like a cult.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I guess if they wanted to be in radio huh? I have friends that are funnier than him when they talk about T & A I know that but I guess it's in what you like…….for me he's a talented interviewer but not all that funny of a guy overall……..but when you have a following I guess everyone believes, kind of like a cult.
He earns nearly $100,000,000 a year based largely on the fact he was able to get millions of people to migrate to an unknown technology and pay $12 (ish) a month to hear him. I'm not sure there is another entertainer in the world that could do that. I've listened for more than 20 years and T&A humor is only a small portion of the show. He personally might not be a great comedian but he surrounds himself with great writers, funny and interesting characters and the net result is a funny show that keeps people entertained for 4 hours a day. Love him or hate him, it's impossible to deny his success.

Reaction Score
He earns nearly $100,000,000 a year based largely on the fact he was able to get millions of people to migrate to an unknown technology and pay $12 (ish) a month to hear him. I'm not sure there is another entertainer in the world that could do that. I've listened for more than 20 years and T&A humor is only a small portion of the show. He personally might not be a great comedian but he surrounds himself with great writers, funny and interesting characters and the net result is a funny show that keeps people entertained for 4 hours a day. Love him or hate him, it's impossible to deny his success.

I'm in the minority for sure so good for everyone that loves the guy………not for me at all. My wife listens every day………to each their own.

I was always an Imus guy thought they were much funnier with Chuck's stuff but again, that's me!! Not too many agree……….

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Back when he was on NBC I was listening while driving in and said something hysterical that nearly caused me to plow into the car in front of me. I stopped just in time but someone two lanes over wasn't so lucky. It caused a major back up on the GSP.

At the time I found Stern to be funny, but too mean spirited to listen to listen to consistently. It sounds like he's added more to his repertoire.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom