OT: How will you celebrate the Fourth? | The Boneyard

OT: How will you celebrate the Fourth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
My whole family will be swimming and fire pitting in the Berkshires.

Reaction Score
watching:

images

Reaction Score
Dancing at Pinewoods Camp, Plymouth, MA, through Sunday.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There is a British family in our neighborhood.

I'll probably hide in their bushes and ambush them when they go to get their paper in the morning.

I guess some of us just take defending our country from the Redcoats a little more seriously than others, but hey, you people enjoy your cookouts and whatever else.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I understand the freedom in tossing your family into a fire pit but that does seem a bit excessive. Then again maybe you went to see The Purge recently.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
My whole family will be swimming in 100% humidity and fire pitting in the backyard. (Custom made stonework fp that is also perfect for kind of man-cave rituals.)

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
It'll be our first in Iowa. (Last summer, I went to Michigan. The three summers before that, I was in Alabama.) Anyway, we decided to stay in town and watch fireworks at the riverfront. We're in driving distance to Davenport but they're flooded a little worse than us, I think, so I've heard that people will have to be more in the downtown area (2nd street) so I don't think the view will be that good--there or in Moline.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Looks a bit like mine, but you have one incredible tree of fire coming out of that thing. Hope no one on the far side got toasted.

Those are bleacher seats, reserved for Yankee fans.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It'll be our first in Iowa. (Last summer, I went to Michigan. The three summers before that, I was in Alabama.) Anyway, we decided to stay in town and watch fireworks at the riverfront. We're in driving distance to Davenport but they're flooded a little worse than us, I think, so I've heard that people will have to be more in the downtown area (2nd street) so I don't think the view will be that good--there or in Moline.
I'll be out in Iowa this summer, in a couple weeks, to visit my brother. But he's out near Des Moines. I do have a couple friends around the Quad (Quint) City area though (Bettendorf I believe).

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
I'll be out in Iowa this summer, in a couple weeks, to visit my brother. But he's out near Des Moines. I do have a couple friends around the Quad (Quint) City area though (Bettendorf I believe).

Cool! Bettendorf is pretty nice. We almost decided to live there but my husband was tired of commuting so we decided just to live in Muscatine. Which is surprisingly really nice and there's a LOT to do. Mini Chick is starting basketball this fall.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I'll be playing, then watching tennis. In the evening just bracing myself when neighbors set off cherry bombs.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Looks like we will be having some friends (wife's) over, grilling outside, probably a fire pit (not as nice as others on here), making s'mores later on.

Reaction Score
Captain and coke plus boating. And yes, in that order.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Going to be a quiet day for us. I am not a heat and humidity girl, so will chill out with a trip to the air conditioned comfort of the mall for some exercise, then spend the afternoon vegging on the couch and probably looking for some holiday appropriate movies to stream on Netflix. Suggestions?

Will probably grill some hot dogs, hamburgers maybe steak or ribs for dinner, chased with a healthy slice of watermelon. We keep things low key.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Waiting for the refrigerator repair man…not until Friday

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I believe the Fourth was the 2003 championship. I went to Mary Mac's Tearoom in Atlanta for a nice dinner.

Oh, the Fourth of July? Fairly quiet. Working on my condo renovation, installing mosaic accent tiles on the back splash. A couple of hours at the pool. DC fireworks in the evening. And thinking about my 1-day old grandson who hopefully will get a name today.

My son lives in apartment #2301. He told his mother how to remember it: Think of the #1 basketball player of all time and the jersey number. Exactly. Maya Moore. :)

Happy Independence Day to all!

Reaction Score
I believe the Fourth was the 2003 championship. I went to Mary Mac's Tearoom in Atlanta for a nice dinner.

Oh, the Fourth of July? Fairly quiet. Working on my condo renovation, installing mosaic accent tiles on the back splash. A couple of hours at the pool. DC fireworks in the evening. And thinking about my 1-day old grandson who hopefully will get a name today.

My son lives in apartment #2301. He told his mother how to remember it: Think of the #1 basketball player of all time and the jersey number. Exactly. Maya Moore. :)

Oh man. I am going to miss Mary Mac's. It had become our semi-annual must visit routine every time we took my son to school and picked him up.

Keep us posted on the name of the young grandMilford.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
And thinking about my 1-day old grandson who hopefully will get a name today.

I suggest his name should be Getty for 150th anniversary of Gettysburg on the 3rd or Boom Boom in honor of the fireworks today on the 4th.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I suggest his name should be Getty for 150th anniversary of Gettysburg on the 3rd or Boom Boom in honor of the fireworks today on the 4th.
Or Lincoln. It would be alliterative with his surname.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom