OT: How hard do you Yard? | The Boneyard

OT: How hard do you Yard?

Reaction Score
Inspired by those Facebook posts that count how many states you’ve visited or what weird foods you’ve tried, here is a list of historical Yard items to show just how big a Yarder you really are.

Unless indicated otherwise, give yourself 1 point for every item you know or have accomplished. Maximum of 28 pts available.
  • I used to go on the Hartford Courant UConn message board “The Husky Howl”.
  • I used to go on the bball.com UConn/umass rivalry message board.
  • I have attended a BYC. Add an additional bonus point if you were on a winning team.
  • I attended the Boneyard football tailgate at Memorial Stadium.
  • I still have a 77-74 sticker.
  • I donated to Coach Calhoun’s retirement present (heart pump for UConn Med Ctr).
  • I know who Oklahoma Eric is.
  • I have read a post written by jAcKSoN.
  • I contributed to the main Senhor Testiculo thread.
  • I have met Fishy or Tom.
  • I have eaten a chicken wing or drank a Rolling Rock solely for good Mojo on a gaemday.
  • I have read (by your best estimate) at least 95% of the Pizza thread.
  • I know who Dr. Dos is. Add an additional 2 pts if you received a Bronze filigree award from him.
  • I have replied “Shut up, Dove” at least once.
  • I have received a sentence from Judge Deepster and been hung by Hangman Swami.
  • I have replied with a “Dooooooomed!” at least once.
  • I know who Leticia Basketballdridge is.
  • I have been in the chat room for an entire game.
  • I have a piece of clothing with “Boneyard” on it somewhere – Tshirt, hat, hoodie.
  • I know the real first names of 10 or more current Yarders. Tom does not count as one.
  • I read the infamous MakersMuppet post at the original time it was posted.
  • I know who RabidHusky is.
  • I have had a drink with Mauconnfan.
  • I have met up with a Yarder that I’d never met before at a NYC bar during the Big East Tournament.
  • I posted something on the Yard on 3/29/1999 (77-74).

Reaction Score
Inspired by those Facebook posts that count how many states you’ve visited or what weird foods you’ve tried, here is a list of historical Yard items to show just how big a Yarder you really are.

Unless indicated otherwise, give yourself 1 point for every item you know or have accomplished. Maximum of 28 pts available.
  • I have attended a BYC. Add an additional bonus point if you were on a winning team.
  • I attended the Boneyard football tailgate at Memorial Stadium.
  • I still have a 77-74 sticker.
  • I donated to Coach Calhoun’s retirement present (heart pump for UConn Med Ctr).
  • I know who Oklahoma Eric is.
  • I have read a post written by jAcKSoN.
  • I contributed to the main Senhor Testiculo thread.
  • I have met Fishy or Tom.
  • I have eaten a chicken wing or drank a Rolling Rock solely for good Mojo on a gaemday.
  • I have read (by your best estimate) at least 95% of the Pizza thread.
  • I know who Dr. Dos is. Add an additional 2 pts if you received a Bronze filigree award from him.
  • I have replied “Shut up, Dove” at least once.
  • I have received a sentence from Judge Deepster and been hung by Hangman Swami.
  • I have replied with a “Dooooooomed!” at least once.
  • I know who Leticia Basketballdridge is.
  • I have been in the chat room for an entire game.
  • I have a piece of clothing with “Boneyard” on it somewhere – Tshirt, hat, hoodie.
  • I know the real first names of 10 or more current Yarders. Tom does not count as one.
  • I read the infamous MakersMuppet post at the original time it was posted.
  • I know who RabidHusky is.
  • I have had a drink with Mauconnfan.
  • I have met up with a Yarder that I’d never met before at a NYC bar during the Big East Tournament.
jAcKSoN and MakersMuppet

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Kind of a random list, but 18. Does meeting Nan count?

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Good list, in that I know what many more are but don't get to score them.

"Fort the ead" is a good addendum, and JKUL & present day @Vuce are well-remembered from AOL which was a dial-in mainstay for me before I found the Yard in the summer of '99, in comfortable time to still have even an unused 77-74 decal.

Chickened out on BYC a couple times, thinking I ought to have golfed within the prior decade. Would've helped for sure with first names, where I stall at about 8, half of which I can't remember. Andi had my chance in East Hampton this year but maybe 10 is just a solid score Too much more might be unsettling.

I have only Liked "Shut up Dove" (and can't remember his name).

Reaction Score
I am giving myself 1 point for posting and, at times and when called for, defending Uconn on the old espn Uconn boards (dag nab it!) from the very early 2000s.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
10 for me. Need to drink some Scotch with @mauconnfan

I was predominantly on Brett's old mailing list in the earlier days. Less often the old instance of the Yard.

Reaction Score
  • I have attended a BYC. Add an additional bonus point if you were on a winning team. +1
  • I attended the Boneyard football tailgate at Memorial Stadium. +1
  • I still have a 77-74 sticker. +1
  • I donated to Coach Calhoun’s retirement present (heart pump for UConn Med Ctr). +1
  • I know who Oklahoma Eric is. +1
  • I have read a post written by jAcKSoN. +1
  • I contributed to the main Senhor Testiculo thread. +1, I think
  • I have met Fishy or Tom. +1
  • I have read (by your best estimate) at least 95% of the Pizza thread. +1
  • I know who Dr. Dos is. Add an additional 2 pts if you received a Bronze filigree award from him. +1
  • I have replied “Shut up, Dove” at least once. +1
  • I have replied with a “Dooooooomed!” at least once. +1
  • I know who Leticia Basketballdridge is. +1
  • I have been in the chat room for an entire game. +1
  • I have a piece of clothing with “Boneyard” on it somewhere – Tshirt, hat, hoodie. +1
  • I know the real first names of 10 or more current Yarders. Tom does not count as one. +1
  • I read the infamous MakersMuppet post at the original time it was posted. +1
  • I know who RabidHusky is. +1
  • I have had a drink with Mauconnfan. +1
19 Total

I'm going to add that this is a lousy way to rate what your title says, as there are a few people that I can think of that have posted less than 10 times in the past 5 years that would score higher on this list than I did . . .

Reaction Score
  • I have attended a BYC. Add an additional bonus point if you were on a winning team. +1
  • I attended the Boneyard football tailgate at Memorial Stadium. +1
  • I still have a 77-74 sticker. +1
  • I donated to Coach Calhoun’s retirement present (heart pump for UConn Med Ctr). +1
  • I know who Oklahoma Eric is. +1
  • I have read a post written by jAcKSoN. +1
  • I contributed to the main Senhor Testiculo thread. +1, I think
  • I have met Fishy or Tom. +1
  • I have read (by your best estimate) at least 95% of the Pizza thread. +1
  • I know who Dr. Dos is. Add an additional 2 pts if you received a Bronze filigree award from him. +1
  • I have replied “Shut up, Dove” at least once. +1
  • I have replied with a “Dooooooomed!” at least once. +1
  • I know who Leticia Basketballdridge is. +1
  • I have been in the chat room for an entire game. +1
  • I have a piece of clothing with “Boneyard” on it somewhere – Tshirt, hat, hoodie. +1
  • I know the real first names of 10 or more current Yarders. Tom does not count as one. +1
  • I read the infamous MakersMuppet post at the original time it was posted. +1
  • I know who RabidHusky is. +1
  • I have had a drink with Mauconnfan. +1
19 Total

I'm going to add that this is a lousy way to rate what your title says, as there are a few people that I can think of that have posted less than 10 times in the past 5 years that would score higher on this list than I did . . .

Wow. Hard yardin. You never had wings or an RR?

Reaction Score
Wow. Hard yardin. You never had wings or an RR?

I honestly can't say one way or the other, so I didn't want to give myself credit. I suppose I may have had a RR on a gameday in 2000-2001 when I was a poor law student who still drank crappy beer :). As for wings, any consumption was purely coincidental.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Participating in a hanging thread is point worthy. Maybe 2pts if you were actually tried?

Reaction Score
I have to think about the ten names. Fishy, Deepster, Swami (does he count), AugustWest, Pepband99, SportsArt, palatine, whaler11 (only because he posted it in a thread at one point), nomar, calluke, CitrusDog, HuskyNan. I'm sure there are others . . .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom