OT: How do you feel about Peyton Manning? | The Boneyard

OT: How do you feel about Peyton Manning?

How do you feel about Peyton Manning?

• Love him

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • Hate the guy

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • No strong feeling

Votes: 30 46.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
As a Patriots fan, I literally can't stand the guy. Plays the average joe/aw schmucks card but is such a freakin fraud. Also sucks at football at this point in his career. Getting revved up to see TB12 send him into retirement, so wanted to know if the rest of the BY feels as I do or if you guys love Peyton

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Forgot to add that he never wins. LETS GO PATS. DEFEND THE CASTLE!!! DO YOUR JOB

Reaction Score
CXQa5D6UwAA-m7x.jpg

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I am a Jet fan.....therefore biased. But I really dislike Brady more than Manning.

Haha we're all biased...that's what makes sports so fun. I totally see why people hate Brady...he's a pretty boy who always seems to have the appropriate response for reporters--I never trust guys like that (see Alex Rodriguez). But on the field there's no parallel to Brady.

Reaction Score
Jets fan here too. So I'll naturally root against the Pats. GO PEYTON :)

(I think its obvious that Peyton has lost a lot of his physical ability - guessing Tom is about 2 years behind him. As much as I hate Tom, I can't deny how good he is.)

Reaction Score
Got no problem with him - thought he's always handled himself with class.

Reaction Score
No slander here phil but I did not vote in your poll because there was no category of common sense. A five time MVP fourteen time Pro Bowler. You may not like a loss or two but what would be the reason to hate the man? He is a fraud? He is one of the innovators that changed how the game is played. Not sure how you fake a hall of fame entrance but I am sure he will do fine.
Good luck next week to The Pats! I will be rooting and hoping you did not put the maloik on them. :D

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Pats fan. I like him. He needs to retire after this season, the stats don't lie. It was a little disappointing to hear him throw his teammates under the bus for one of their earlier losses for his own mistakes - ie the throw was bad because the o line did not give enough time and the WR ran a bad route. He's had a great run.

Reaction Score
As a Patriots fan, I literally can't stand the guy. Plays the average joe/aw schmucks card but is such a freakin fraud. Also sucks at football at this point in his career. Getting revved up to see TB12 send him into retirement, so wanted to know if the rest of the BY feels as I do or if you guys love Peyton

Are you also a Red Sox fan who fawns all over the biggest fraud & Dooshbag Ortiz?

Reaction Score
I'm a lifelong Broncos fan, and when Manning first got to Denver I couldn't wait for Sunday every week. The numbers he was putting up were gaudy, we blew everyone out by 2-3 touchdowns at least, and he attracted a lot of quality free agents. Then we got to the playoffs.

And we lost to the Ravens in what I still think was our best chance to win a Super Bowl.
And then the next year it was satisfying to beat the Patriots, but the Seahawks wiped the floor with us.
Then last year we lose in the divisional round to the Colts of all teams. And that was when I wanted the Manning era to end.

He's not a good quarterback anymore. Osweiler is the future, and Manning is getting in the way. After that display yesterday, I know the Pats are going to kill Denver next weekend.

He's the greatest regular season QB in the history of the NFL. And now he needs to just take that title and go away

Reaction Score
He was pretty rough yesterday. Osweiler is better at this point and I'm not sure Peyton should even play next week. However, it is hard know for sure with a guy of that talent level whether or not he was rusty or just finished. Hopefully, the coaches think he is the better option because if they are only playing him because they feel like they have to, that's coaching malpractice.

Peyton is funny as hell and seems like a good guy. I pull for him to succeed and I'm a Pats fan. I think you can tell he's done a good job with being a role model when the majority of Brady fans like him. Maybe it's because he hasn't been much of a threat. Eli seems like a good guy too and he's given us big problems, yet I still like him. I think they were raised right.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
His commercials are much better than his level of play at this point. He does have fabulous comedic timing - best/most natural actor of any NFL player I've seen.

But, will say that even with his diminished physical abilities, the guy remains one of the top field generals in the NFL. If he could still zip the ball with accuracy, Denver would've won yesterday's game by 30+.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I have no strong feeling but I will love him if the Broncos can win one more game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm a Patriots fan and I like Peyton. He's clearly one of the top few QBs of all time, and I have enjoyed watching him play. He seems like a nice guy. I do think that as of the latter part of last season, he's a weak shadow of himself. He needs to retire.

But for some ridiculously biased officiating yesterday, Pittsburgh wins that game. Ben was clearly the better QB on the field. It felt like a the whole production was a Peyton Manning farewell tour event. If the Patriots are screwed by the refs next Sunday the way the Steelers were yesterday, so that Peyton gets one last Super Bowl, I am going to be pissed.

Reaction Score
I'm a Patriots fan and I like Peyton. He's clearly one of the top few QBs of all time, and I have enjoyed watching him play. He seems like a nice guy. I do think that as of the latter part of last season, he's a weak shadow of himself. He needs to retire.

But for some ridiculously biased officiating yesterday, Pittsburgh wins that game. Ben was clearly the better QB on the field. It felt like a the whole production was a Peyton Manning farewell tour event. If the Patriots are screwed by the refs next Sunday the way the Steelers were yesterday, so that Peyton gets one last Super Bowl, I am going to be pissed.
Officiating seemed fine to me in that game. One or two missed calls in both directions, but hardly "ridiculously biased".

Reaction Score
Yup. Can you imagine if Brady had done that--media would be talking about it until the cows come home. Manning can have any allegation brought against him and the media lends it no credence. Gets a free pass on everything.

"To recap: College kids have always done really stupid things, and will continue to. In the past, some (many?) got away with things that they’d be crucified for in 2014."

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Pats fan here. I liked Peyton right up to the Oreo lick-off thing.

Never looked at him the same since.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
No opinion on this thread. Just gonna drop this here as it is hilarious:

Reaction Score
People "love" him because he won one Super Bowl. And sells Buicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom