OT: How Bad Are the Giants? | The Boneyard

OT: How Bad Are the Giants?

Reaction Score
Looked like a total disaster today in all aspects of their game.

Any thoughts/ reasons for optimism going forward?

Reaction Score
Nope.

Our only optimism is we're UConn bball fans.
UConn Men’s Basketball is my favorite team in all of sports. I am glad , too because, it cleanses my palette from the hot garbage of the New York Giants.

Reaction Score
How bad are the Giants? Never bad enough for this 50+ year Patriot fan.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I was curious enough to check scores and saw 28-6 in the 4th quarter. That was enough to give me that good feeling that I can do other things on mild weather Sundays. This post is enough for me to not imagine a Super Bowl win from a Wild Card position, after a series of terrific wins when the weather gives me some consideration about spending shortening daylight hours indoors.

Thank you?

Reaction Score
Giants are now the taxi team for UConn Football. That’s pretty low. I say give all current Giants an unlimited all you can eat pass to Rutt’s Hut in Clifton, NJ for their famous ripper hot dogs, and then a one way bus ticket home for the entire roster. And then Mara & Tisch should jump off the George Washington Bridge. Giants are a joke.

Reaction Score
I had hoped to have some hope at least until the 6th or 7th game of the season, but the first offensive series was so inept, followed by not advancing the ball from the 15 yard line after recovering the fumble, allowing a 99 yard drive, not getting off the field based on Thibideaux' defensive penalty, Daniel Jones throwing grounders behind receivers, muffing a punt, 13 players in the huddle, receivers not getting any separation, 5 or more drops, ... Plus, they embarrassed themselves in front of the best players in Giant's history there to be honored. Pathetic. IMO the starters play so little in the pre-season that they just aren't ready when the lights go on. As a fan, I had never seen our starting running back carry the ball before today. All the guys they cut looked better. Oh well. Maybe next year.

Reaction Score
John Mara will just wanna draft Riley Leonard another boring Duke qb, well now ND.
He’s going to have to arm wrestle Mark Davis for the right to draft the next bust.

Reaction Score
The only common denominator for the Giants ineptitude for the past 13 years has been Mara and Tisch. 3 GMs, 4 HCs, hundreds of players. But Mara and Tisch are always there to screw stuff up.
I was cautiously optimistic after the preseason that Bricillo had finally gotten the OL sorted out and with that things would start to turn around. But it doesn't matter how clean the pocket is when the QB can't put the ball where it needs to be.
Honestly, the delay of game on the first set of downs told me all I need to know about this team.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Looked like a total disaster today in all aspects of their game.

Any thoughts/ reasons for optimism going forward?
They’ll hopefully set fire to those uniforms?

Where’s Tommy Cutlets!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I married an Eagles fan. We’ve been together for 8 seasons. The giants are 4-13 vs the Eagles in that time. And now we’ve given them Barkley.

My son Jackson (9 months, yes after Andre) will undoubtedly end up an Eagles fan. There’s no way this will turn around in time for him to choose his team. Although I still think there’s a chance he picks the Cowboys to spite both parents, if he gets into football at all.

Reaction Score
I've been a Giants fan since 1958. Beens some ups and downs for sure but this particular game was I hope as bad as it can get. Outplayed, outclassed, out everythinged. The play calling was atrocious and Jones was just pathetic. Hard to imagine how such a proud historic franchise could be this pathetic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom