OT: Hibbert | The Boneyard

OT: Hibbert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Any precedent for a player of his caliber just forgetting how to play, basically overnight?
It's not even like he's a guard and is missing a lot of jumpers or something. That would at least be comprehensible. But this?

And yes, I've considered that it might be karmic payback for that ridiculous 3-pointer he hit against us in the '08 season.

Reaction Score
I've heard that he has a mental condition (a real one..) that would explain it. (Similar to bipolar.) Hibbert has huge ups and downs all season.

Sad too, Frank Vogel's a good coach, but he built that whole team around Hibbert..

Him and Paul George look fine though.

Reaction Score
I've heard that he has a mental condition (a real one..) that would explain it. (Similar to bipolar.) Hibbert has huge ups and downs all season.

Sad too, Frank Vogel's a good coach, but he built that whole team around Hibbert..

This was the guy who was unstoppable last year against the Knicks in the playoffs. Why didn't he save his funk for then?

Reaction Score

That team wasn't built around Hibbert, dude is just a piece, a once good one but definitely not anything to build a team around. Hibbert falling apart is a big factor but George was supposed to be the superstar and after his hot start you had poeple putting him #3 in the league behind Bron and KD, and George Karl saying he would take him ahead of KD because of his D. Since around Jan/Feb his offensive game has gone downhill though, looking pretty much Rudy Gayish with his shooting performances. George and Hibbert are pretty much costars in this team falling apart but really the team just looks discombulated a good deal of the time.

Reaction Score
Part of this has to be the fact that he is not allowed to just camp in the lane and blatantly violate the three second rule on both offense and defense. He was always an akwardly moving human foul machine and now he has to try and adjust to the correct interpretation of this "verticality" nonsense. I am just going to assume it's more than he can handle.

Reaction Score
That team wasn't built around Hibbert, dude is just a piece, a once good one but definitely not anything to build a team around. Hibbert falling apart is a big factor but George was supposed to be the superstar and after his hot start you had poeple putting him #3 in the league behind Bron and KD, and George Karl saying he would take him ahead of KD because of his D. Since around Jan/Feb his offensive game has gone downhill though, looking pretty much Rudy Gayish with his shooting performances. George and Hibbert are pretty much costars in this team falling apart but really the team just looks discombulated a good deal of the time.

The Pacers team was built around defense. Roy Hibbert was their defense.

Now, he's not really playing well defensively, and they play 4 on 5 offensively. Paul George is great on defense and a good offensive player, but Hibbert was essentially their wall.

Reaction Score
Part of this has to be the fact that he is not allowed to just camp in the lane and blatantly violate the three second rule on both offense and defense. He was always an akwardly moving human foul machine and now he has to try and adjust to the correct interpretation of this "verticality" nonsense. I am just going to assume it's more than he can handle.
Considering he's now in his sixth year and has had stretches of being a top five center, I don't think this is the case.

Reaction Score
The Pacers team was built around defense. Roy Hibbert was their defense.

Now, he's not really playing well defensively, and they play 4 on 5 offensively. Paul George is great on defense and a good offensive player, but Hibbert was essentially their wall.
yes, he's the anchor of their interior D but that team ain't built around him, George is the franchise player, he needs to return to early season form with consistency.

Reaction Score
yes, he's the anchor of their interior D but that team ain't built around him, George is the franchise player, he needs to return to early season form with consistency.

Not playing horrible would be a start.

I thought Miami would get dethroned this season by the Pacers or OKC. Seems unlikely..and the only hope the non Miami fans have is the old Spurs.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
There has been some talk that Vogel's attempts to integrate Bynum into the offense by actually running plays for him really PO'd Hibbert, because he felt they never ran anything for him. Seems to me his decline started before the Bynum signing, but it's now a moot point, since Bynum and the Pacers have agreed to end their relationship. Not sure anyone's going to take a flyer on AB, his knees and his attitude next year.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The Pacers dumped Bynum today. Coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom