OT - Hartford | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Hartford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you don't think there are already built in connotations and undertones when the word ghetto(and scum thrown in there as well) is thrown around, then you should probably sit this one out and make a u-turn back to Candyland.

So do you have a problem when someone says that a place has a lot of "white trash" or trailers?

Or is it only racist or offensive when it refers to black people?

Some people just look for any perceived slight. Guess what? Most people don't like going to ghettos. It doesn't matter if black people, white people, blue people, green people, or yellow people live there, they just don't want to visit that place.

Reaction Score
To me "ghetto" has a very clear, very obvious meaning - young men who believe that being a thug-bad ass is the most important thing. They are unemployed. They listen to violent music - typically rap. They wear their pants baggy and their hats askew. They are typically sociopaths. They father children and don't care much what happens to them. They call women "hoes and ". They don't pay taxes. They commit crimes. They are violent.

NO MATTER WHAT COLOR THEY ARE.​

Thank god you put that "no matter what color they are" in there. For a second I thought you meant something else.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure it's the Bushnell. Or Hartford Stage. Or Real Art Ways.

Love the Bushnell. Hartford Stage is nice. No idea about Real Art Ways. I don't hate Hartford, I just wish it was better!

Reaction Score
Yes I have a problem with the white trash saying, I don't think anyone should be called trash. I consider it offensive to call poor people trash, thugs, ghetto people, scum and any other words used in this thread. I haven't been to downtown Hartford recently but last I checked it wasn't filled with slums and poor housing. There were some empty store fronts but it was mostly filled with office space, restaurants, bars and clubs. My guess is that several people in this thread who were referring to ghetto people, scum and repulsive people were referring to black and Hispanic people they saw in the city.

Reaction Score
And it IS ghetto. That doesn't mean anyone is racist. It is also really young. It just isn't a place for anyone over 25 or so.

Reaction Score
So do you have a problem when someone says that a place has a lot of "white trash" or trailers?

Or is it only racist or offensive when it refers to black people?

Some people just look for any perceived slight. Guess what? Most people don't like going to ghettos. It doesn't matter if black people, white people, blue people, green people, or yellow people live there, they just don't want to visit that place.

When Ruff Ruff, Frank Ivey, Champs990411 and the rest of their ilk make a thread saying how disgusted they were that they had to occupy space with white trash or trailer park scum, point it out to me and I'll be right on it, captain. But I haven't seen that occur yet, so until it does, stay focused.

Reaction Score
When Ruff Ruff, Frank Ivey, Champs990411 and the rest of their ilk make a thread saying how disgusted they were that they had to occupy space with white trash or trailer park scum, point it out to me and I'll be right on it, captain. But I haven't seen that occur yet, so until it does, stay focused.

So is that a yes or a no?

Reaction Score
I find it interesting that people who seem to clearly have a problem with certain races get all up in arms when they get called out for it.

Reaction Score
I find it interesting that people who seem to clearly have a problem with certain races get all up in arms when they get called out for it.

I have no problem with any race. I just don't understand how some people will jump at any perceived slight, real or imagined. Aren't you the one who first equated black people to ghettos in this thread?

Reaction Score
So is that a yes or a no?

manny-ramirez-shrug.jpg

Reaction Score
Their justification for commanding state/county funding is one Hartford could use as well, namely that lots of people make money there and use city resources (directly and indirectly), so the city is entitled to some of that money back regardless of where you commute from. . . . Many people are employed in Hartford, but few people of means live there, leaving it with no tax base to deal with the decay.
This is the sort of Marxist creed that seems facially compelling, but, upon closer inspection, is shown to be the wealth-redistribution tripe that it is.

Few people of means live there? Ok. So, by your own admission, everything "of means" in Hartford is attributable to people who don't live there. The museums, theatres, stadiums, and so on. Right?
So, rather than demand more money from their "of means" suburban supporters, shouldn't the poor, "no means" Hartfordians be thanking their daily guests?

No tax base? Really? You mean there is no property tax on the slew of buildings down town that house the lawyers and the insurance companies and the medical providers? Or on the folks selling food to all of these people?
What about the support jobs that those industries bring? Are they not staffed by Hartford locals who want to work?

Your scam is a simple wealth redistribution scam. It's not enough that commuters are the only thing keeping Hartford from being Detroit. More than that, you want to force the lie that commuters are somehow removing value from Hartford.

What a sad joke. Take away all of your rich commuters and the city is dead within a year, with nothing but ghetto-ites fighting for hand outs left.

BTW - ghetto just means poor area - it's got nothing to do with race, as the word existed well before blacks became associated with it, as any well read student of judaism could tell you.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
There is nothing good that can come out of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom