OT: Hartford Area Restaurants | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Hartford Area Restaurants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gotta go with Goat; Mill2T in Tarifville and Millwrights. Better make reservations at 2T it is tiny and delicious. For a really nice and special gathering get the chefs table at Millwrights. Third favorite is Firebox. All are great, local F2T with incredible chefs that never let you down.

Reaction Score
Noel Jones who imo made On 20 drops into Mill at 2T frequently to guest star and stay awesome.

Reaction Score
You guys have no idea how lucky you have it in Ct. at least when it comes to food!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We live in Ft. Myers Fl. and the best meatballs in the city are at SUBWAY, lol, and a ruben at a place callrd Englands Deli is cold corned beef lettuce, tomato, and mayo on grinder bread!

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
UConniki said:
You guys have no idea how lucky you have it in Ct. at least when it comes to food!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We live in Ft. Myers Fl. and the best meatballs in the city are at SUBWAY, lol, and a ruben at a place callrd Englands Deli is cold corned beef lettuce, tomato, and mayo on grinder bread!

Haha. I was just thinking this in my head as I was reading the thread. I am in Jacksonville, Florida now and the food just doesn't compare.

Reaction Score
Haha. I was just thinking this in my head as I was reading the thread. I am in Jacksonville, Florida now and the food just doesn't compare.

This can't be possible. I'm told all the time on this forum that everything in CT sucks . . . .

Reaction Score
This can't be possible. I'm told all the time on this forum that everything in CT sucks . . . .
It does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Except the food and Uconn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score

I've been marooned in Jacksonville a couple times in the last year or so and had good meals at both Orsay and Matthew's.

Reaction Score
I've been marooned in Jacksonville a couple times in the last year or so and had good meals at both Orsay and Matthew's.
While there are exceptions, the general consensus is the food in Fl. sucks especially when you consider it's a vaca/tourist destination state. And that seems to be the dining rep regardless of where people might be from, Ct. Cal. the Midwest! lol

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score

There is good food here just limited options but is getting somewhat better. I feel like in the northeast there are so many more good options. But Matthew's and all the other Medure family places are my favorite and coincidentally our neighbors.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Except the food and Uconn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#boneyardteamflorida

Reaction Score
Guys I trust your judgement and need some help.

My wife and oldest daughter have same day birthdays Saturday (4/11). Its my wife 60th bday so I plan to have my father (Amherst) and other daughter (Boston) meet us at a restaurant near Hartford. I'm in Fairfield County so I am not familiar with a 'very nice' restaurant to all meet at near Hartford.

Ambiance and Service I would say are the most important. Great food of course would be a bonus.

Its a special day so a special restaurant would be perfect. I know I'll be spending some money so any restaurant suggestions are good. I'm looking at an early dinner, around 4-5pm.

Its last minute but 'unfortunately' that's always been my style.
I'd say Salute. Has outdoor seating on nice day with view of the park. It's next to Bushnell Park (walk off some of the meal). Great rep for service.

Reaction Score
Did Max Fish in Glastonbury with the Mrs. for lunch. It was pretty good, served hot and delicious.

She liked it that's what counts. "Happy Wife = Happy Life!

Will try the others in this thread through the Spring/Summer months.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky