OT Halftime Show | The Boneyard

OT Halftime Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They threw everything but the kitchen sink out there.

Reaction Score
I'm not enjoying personally, but everyone in the room with me is enjoying it a great deal.

Reaction Score
I liked it better than watching some geriatric go out there and crap his pants like we get half the time. I know the music, my wife knows it, my kids know it, the neighbors know it. It was fine. I think a lot of people expect the half time show to be some sort of moving concert experience where Bono or Bob Dillon brings them to tears. It is a big commercial event, the half time show is never critically good. If you want a good show, buy a ticket to a concert you actually want to see.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Who cares..... Halftime shows are for chiks anyways....go to the womens bb board with that ish

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I liked it better than watching some geriatric go out there and crap his pants like we get half the time. I know the music, my wife knows it, my kids know it, the neighbors know it. It was fine. I think a lot of people expect the half time show to be some sort of moving concert experience where Bono or Bob Dillon brings them to tears. It is a big commercial event, the half time show is never critically good. If you want a good show, buy a ticket to a concert you actually want to see.

:eek:

I don't listen to KP's music as I'm way out of her demographic, but it was a good show. Well, except for the Missy Elliot part. Don't know what anyone sees in her.

IMO, nobody in music right now capable of putting on a spectacular bigger than Ms. Perry.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Any halftime show with cardboard waves from a grade school play being oscillated by people behind them is a fail.

Reaction Score
Honestly I would rather watch someone put on a show than some live concert that I could just as easily pull up on YouTube. At least I'll remember this one unlike every other one except the obvious Justin Timberlake/Janet Jackson show.

Reaction Score
I feel old but I'm probably young going by the Yard. I don't listen to Katie Perry but I thought it was a fun show, minus Missy Elliott.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
As far as tonight was concerned, my daughter thinks your football game was an annoyance sandwiched around her Katy Perry concert.

It was a halftime show - I'm sure all of you would have liked to have seen Van Morrison sitting on a stool, but that's not what flies these days.

You get a pop star riding a mechanical lion and dancing with fake sharks and beach balls.

It lasts ten minutes and it might be the only time during the game where the female members of the family will even bother to enter the room.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I watched the game with a cohort made up of primarily 18-year-old women. Ms. Perry was very well received by them.

Reaction Score
It was a halftime show - I'm sure all of you would have liked to have seen Van Morrison sitting on a stool, but that's not what flies these days.

You get a pop star riding a mechanical lion and dancing with fake sharks and beach balls.

2005-2010

Paul McCartney
The Rolling Stones
Prince
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Bruce Springsteen
The Who

I don't even like Prince or Bruce that much but anything is better than what was performed tonight.

Reaction Score
2005-2010

Paul McCartney
The Rolling Stones
Prince
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Bruce Springsteen
The Who

I don't even like Prince or Bruce that much but anything is better than what was performed tonight.
Prince >>>>> katy perry

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This was for the younger audience and not the typical football like most of us. This is for the wives and girlfriends who put up with football.

Reaction Score
uconnbill said:
This was for the younger audience and not the typical football like most of us. This is for the wives and girlfriends who put up with football.

What is the typical football fan? At this point I'm not sure there is a market segment in the football fan base big enough to cater to. I'm 41 and I listen to totally current music along with all of the other stuff.

Once you have kids, especially as they get older, you just adapt to all of their music too. Katy was great. For this. I don't like when they roll out the 70 year old legends though. Everyone under 50 is bored, everyone under 40 doesn't get it, and everyone under 30 is downright frightened.

Reaction Score
Being out of the demographic and outside of the country, sometimes it's good to not even know the Super Bowl performer. I've heard of Katie Perry, but I know absolutely none of her songs. A morning sit down was perfectly timed with her act. Apparently, they shared one similar characteristic.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
53 here and thought it was one of the better shows. Katie Perry has a tremendous voice. Good range and power. Reminds me a lot of that chick that was the lead singer for Heart back in the day.

Reaction Score
My 7 year old daughter absolutely loved it. Dancing sharks were the highlight of the show. Like Fishy said, the halftime show was sandwiched by an annoyance of the game. She knew Katy Perry was going to be singing and that's what she was sticking around for. The rapping was not necessary though, they should've just stuck with Perry and Kravitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom