OT GS just won't lose | The Boneyard

OT GS just won't lose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Celtics played their A game at home, and GS their D game short handed. GS looked tired and Curry looked pretty awful for most of the game.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Story of the game
FT
Warriors: 31-39
Celtics: 9-16
Nothing fishy there, right?

Reaction Score
Did you watch the game?

I did the Celtics played well but couldn't close the deal. Don't forget GS played without Thompson and Barnes. Its a regular season game after all, the Celtics will be fine. Brad Stevens has gotta be a top 5 coach in the NBA right now.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I did the Celtics played well but couldn't close the deal. Don't forget GS played without Thompson and Barnes. Its a regular season game after all, the Celtics will be fine. Brad Stevens has gotta be a top 5 coach in the NBA right now.
Love Brad Stevens. Isaiah did hurt them with some poor GW attemptS. Of course, the game in the end is meaningless, but regardless it's frustrating when both teams have roughly the same FG+3P attempts and points in the paint, yet one team gets 23 more free throw attempts.
On top of that, some of those fouls, as usual with the NBA, were preposterous. Avery Bradley fouling out was another huge reason the C's lost. He played Steph so well the entire game, plus the fact he was shooting the ball well. If the C's had just 1 go-to player, they would be legit.
Having said all that, credit to the Warriors. We know what Steph can do, but Draymond is a stud.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Celtics looked tired as hell in OT, especially the 2nd one.

Reaction Score
There's a more than decent chance that the Warriors will finally break the Bulls' regular season record, but it's not nearly as impressive. There are way too many terrible teams in the NBA nowadays that don't even try to hide the fact that they are tanking. There's no parity in today's game.

Reaction Score

Don't forget Celtics played without Marcus Smart.

Reaction Score
There's a more than decent chance that the Warriors will finally break the Bulls' regular season record, but it's not nearly as impressive. There are way too many terrible teams in the NBA nowadays that don't even try to hide the fact that they are tanking. There's no parity in today's game.
Lol, there are about 3 NBA teams that are tanking...

Reaction Score
I will say in the Jordan era teams were allowed to play defense, not so much in today's NBA

Reaction Score
They are tough and survived a solid night by the C's. I watched some on and off as i went to an event which the bar had it on, saw some really awful calls against the Celts no doubt. But that's the NBA, the Warriors are the team it's good to showcase so in turn:confused:

Reaction Score
I only caught the last couple of minutes and the 2 overtimes but you would have had to pull a knife to get a foul call during that time.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Draymond Green is fantastic but is he turning into one of the most irritating players in the NBA? His taunt after blocking the 5'9" Thomas was laughable.

Reaction Score

This is a bad argument. When the Bulls went 72-10, it was an expansion year (the league added the Raptors and Grizzlies) and the Sixers were also historically bad (then drafted Iverson). The Grizzlies won less games that year than any of the teams last year who were tanking.

I will say in the Jordan era teams were allowed to play defense, not so much in today's NBA

Defense was more physical then, but it's way more nuanced, precise, and studied now. Rotations and help have practically become an art form. Overall I'd say defense is better now.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Defense was more physical then, but it's way more nuanced, precise, and studied now. Rotations and help have practically become an art form. Overall I'd say defense is better now.

Team defense is better now, but it seemed much hard to score back then. When you are getting beat up so bad, getting buckets is tough, kinda like the old Big East.

Admittedly, this is just from the eye test; I've not run the numbers.

Reaction Score

I disagree completely...Besides the 3 worst teams in the NBA, anybody can beat anybody else. Theres a lot more parity now, and the benches are a lot better through and through. The european influx didn't really happen until after Jordan.

Reaction Score
Team defense is better now, but it seemed much hard to score back then. When you are getting beat up so bad, getting buckets is tough, kinda like the old Big East.

Offense is also much better now, especially in the spacing era.

Reaction Score
auror said:
Offense is also much better now, especially in the spacing era.
to be fair, there's no illegal defense anymore, and no handchecking. The defensive changes allowed the offensive explosion.

It's nearly impossible to compare players now in that whereas Jordan was mugged going to the rim in ways players are free from, he also couldn't be doubled in the same way they now can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom