OT Grills | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT Grills

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’m a propane guy. Don’t want to hear that charcoal is better, because it may be, but it’s too much of a pain for me to bother with it. I just don’t have that kind of time.

So I decided it’s time to replace my almost 15 year old Weber Genesis Silver B. It’s served me well over those years, and I’ve replaced several parts, flavorizer bars, ignitor and other things. But now the overall grill is just past it’s prime. Maybe I’ll bring it up to Vermont.

So what should replace it? The Weber Genesis II S-310 is the early leader, but I’m open to suggestions. I like that the burners are now side to side not front to back. That fixes my main complaint with the old one. Not sure if the extra $100 for stainless over enamel is well spent or not.

Reaction Score
I went to the Sears outlet and got a new one. It was 15+ years old and I felt paying for a repair was throwing good money after bad.
I’m sorry I got rid of our old washer-dryer (16+ years). The new washer takes forever, if it doesn’t stop itself for uneven load when spinning. The dryer is passable, but is also a longer job. Was hoping this pair would be our last, but not sure if they’ll last as long as the old ones. Will also be much more expensive to repair. Maybe I’ll get lucky and die before them.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I went to the Sears outlet and got a new one. It was 15+ years old and I felt paying for a repair was throwing good money after bad.
(Hijack not intended) Repairman said he could fix it, but the sum of the parts is not worth the whole. I'll be buying a new washer this weekend. The only question is will I be buying a dryer too (personally don't want to)?

They are stackable units but the dryer seems to be fine and you're not supposed to stack mix-matched brands. I've designed a shelf but my wife is not total convinced my Dad and I can make it look good and flow with the character of the house.

Or other option is to leave them unstacked but that cuts way down on the space and makes a tight space tighter.

Reaction Score
Hate to bring this up but recent study on well done charred meat and cancer was just on, but i can’t remember how many times a week they said you should or shouldn’t have it. I like medium rare anyway.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
(Hijack not intended) Repairman said he could fix it, but the sum of the parts is not worth the whole. I'll be buying a new washer this weekend. The only question is will I be buying a dryer too (personally don't want to)?

They are stackable units but the dryer seems to be fine and you're not supposed to stack mix-matched brands. I've designed a shelf but my wife is not total convinced my Dad and I can make it look good and flow with the character of the house.

Or other option is to leave them unstacked but that cuts way down on the space and makes a tight space tighter.
Stacked Laundry Units | Sears Outlet

Reaction Score
I am such a punk. I ended up getting a weber kettle charcoal grill. Good grill. since the last one I bought, the prices have gone way up. I could afford it, but the way I was raised, I felt so guilty spending even $200.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hate to bring this up but recent study on well done charred meat and cancer was just on, but i can’t remember how many times a week they said you should or shouldn’t have it. I like medium rare anyway.

You know what the leading cause of cancer is? Getting old. So don't get old.

You have to admire these studies as they sound scary. But when you start to break down the facts... well, it's not so scary. Here's an excerpt of the one on bacon and processed meats:

The scientific evidence linking both processed meat and tobacco to certain types of cancer is strong. In that sense, both are carcinogens. But smoking increases your relative risk of lung cancer by 2,500 percent; eating two slices of bacon a day increases your relative risk for colorectal cancer by 18 percent. Given the frequency of colorectal cancer, that means your risk of getting colorectal cancer over your life goes from about 5 percent to 6 percent and, well, YBMMV. (Your bacon mileage may vary.) “If this is the level of risk you’re running your life on, then you don’t really have much to worry about,” says Alfred Neugut, an oncologist and cancer epidemiologist at Columbia.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom