OT: Grayson Allen trips ANOTHER guy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Grayson Allen trips ANOTHER guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Expect 3 ESPN articles about it tomorrow about how Grayson Allen is the cool bad guy we love to hate
You're almost there! Espn.com now has two videos on the subject. One is a repeat of the O'Neil piece asking of Allen is the next hated white Duke player. Right above that is an embedded video showing Laettner that says "Grayson Allen and the Villains of Duke."

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...-duke-blue-devils-suspended-acc-apparent-trip

ACC is a joke. 2nd blatant trip on someone and nothing. Do you think if he was on BC or Wake Forest it would be the same result? Doubt it.

Scared to death of the ACC "commissioner" K. That ref who was staring at it and called nothing should never do a game again, disgraceful.

K told FSU they were sorry so all good. Now is Duke were who they say they are, he would lose a game by his coach or at the very least a half to acknowledge he's a baby. But don't hold your breath.

Reaction Score
He's assuming the risk of doing it to the wrong guy and then eating his meals through a straw for 4 months. Not saying I want it to happen, but . . .
Yes! I'd love to see him try that move with Rico Gathers (I think I have the name right? ) from Baylor.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Really? Let's make him sit in the corner for five minutes and then he can go outside and play.

Reaction Score
Grayson is a punk, seems like a rich kid who when he doesn't get his way he is violatole and flagrant.

#growupGrayson
I still love that video, because after anderson stares him down, he offers to help him up

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
This is so brilliantly dukeish. I mean if we had a team of writers trying to come up with this stuff I'm not sure we could, but now thats it's here I can't believe it ever wasn't.

Reaction Score
Watching Game Day yesterday at UVA they brought this topic up and I was surprised to hear the reactions of each:

Jay Bilas was pretty much "I'm okay they didn't suspend him, and would have been fine if they had". He thought there may be more along the lines of "little to do about nothing" which surprised me.

Seth Greenberg called Coach K out in a big way saying he should not have even lift it in the hands of the league and should have already suspended him for the Pitt game this weekend. He was really upset about the fact K left it alone.

Jay Will same as Seth, thought he should miss the Pitt game.

Chris (? forgot) was all over Bilas telling him this was his 2nd and it cannot go without reprimand.

Surprised at Jay, he is a different guy. Surprised at the others because ESPN is so pro-Duke and K. Would love to have heard from Dicky V LOL

Reaction Score
Isn't Allen Grayson that dimbulb congressman from Florida? Every time I see that name, I wonder how he's playing on Duke.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
DOES NOT COMPUTE; UNABLE TO PROCESS

CATASTROPHIC ERROR

SYSTEM UNSTABLE

SHUTTING DOWN TO PRESERVE CRITICAL PROCESSES

hahahah I think that's the first time I've heard someone ask for Dickie V's take in at least the last 20 years.

Reaction Score
At halftime of the UConn game, the 3 CBS announcers all disagreed with Coach K and started that Grayson should have been benched by either Coach K or the ACC.

Of course, this is the ACC with Louisville, FSU, UNC, etc., so expecting them to do the right thing is a bit of a stretch. Guess Coach K is simply toeing the ACC line now.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
At halftime of the UConn game, the 3 CBS announcers all disagreed with Coach K and started that Grayson should have been benched by either Coach K or the ACC.

Of course, this is the ACC with Louisville, FSU, UNC, etc., so expecting them to do the right thing is a bit of a stretch. Guess Coach K is simply toeing the ACC line now.

Coach K stated years ago he was against the one and done..............
This year he speaks against the 5th year xfer ruling.........................
Now he stoops to an all tome low - if it were an opposition player he would suggest benching
This guy is a hypocrite and a jerk - nuf said

Reaction Score
The letter of reprimand is code named "Z". It's an acronym for Zzzzzzzzzz.........
People have been sleeping. This has been part of the "blue devils" MO for a long time. Tripping, pinching, spitting........to name a very few.... To think Coach K is against this type of play, (as it may get his team an edge on the floor) is naive reasoning. Oh Christian Laettner!

Reaction Score
The ACC is doubling down...

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...zewski-defends-handling-grayson-allen-fallout

Threw-up a little in my mouth after reading this from Coach K -

"I would not suspend any player for what would be a flagrant 1," Krzyzewski said. "What he got was the stiffest reprimand a player in our conference has gotten this year. I thought the [ACC] took action, and you've got to move on. The world doesn't move on, because it's Duke."
I may have agreed with him if this was was Grayson's first incident; but, it wasn't. Remind me why again why several ACC coaches/officials did not want to add UConn for its transgressions? Maybe because UConn is actually punished for its transgressions, which is clearly not an ACC thing to do.

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...-duke-blue-devils-suspended-acc-apparent-trip

ACC is a joke. 2nd blatant trip on someone and nothing. Do you think if he was on BC or Wake Forest it would be the same result? Doubt it.

Scared to death of the ACC "commissioner" K. That ref who was staring at it and called nothing should never do a game again, disgraceful.

K told FSU they were sorry so all good. Now is Duke were who they say they are, he would lose a game by his coach or at the very least a half to acknowledge he's a baby. But don't hold your breath.

Completely valid point, if he was on a bottom tier ACC team and actually tripped Grayson and some valued UNC player, he'd probably be banned from competition by this point, because in that case it would be clear attack. This is just a very 'hard-nosed' player playing hard and strange consequences happening as a result, so not his fault... he's white! how could he be evil?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom