OT: Google Nexus 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Google Nexus 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone have it? Thoughts on the supposed weak battery?

Im looking for an unlocked phone to use on one of the cheap unlimited carriers (like solavei or simple mobile). From what I can tell it seems like a great phone for the $300 price tag. The only part im worried about is the battery and unexpandable memory.

Reaction Score

Im looking for an unlocked phone to use on one of the cheap unlimited carriers (like solavei or simple mobile). From what I can tell it seems like a great phone for the $300 price tag. The only part im worried about is the battery and unexpandable memory.

I'm not on one of those "Data Phones" guys but I just got my new iPad Mini this week with "optional" Verizon service for an extra fee, but I love it. After 2 days without a charge, it still has battery power. Apple does not offer expandable memory, which was my negative opinon of them but everything else has been great. If you have access to a smart phone or wifi hub, you should be fine without the extra charge for cellular service.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Battery life is not great, but I think it's more or less in line with most everything else. I don't consider it a deal breaker by any means. The memory is not a huge problem, but when I use it as my only phone, it does take some managing. I tend to listen to audio books and podcasts and those can fill it up.

It's well designed - I appreciate that it's not a plasticky piece of s***. It feels well made, although there is a weird little rattling inside it sometimes. The sorta rubbery material on the sides help a lot because the rest of it is about the slipperiest phone I have ever used - grab it wrong and it's like holding onto an eel. Screen is fine, etc., etc. The software is always the latest available.

Biggest issue - the cell reception is dreadful. I returned one and got another - same issue. I don't know what the issue is, but I can be in an area where my iPhone gets two or three bars and the Nexus acts like it is in outer space. Both of mine were VERY early models so perhaps that's changed.

Bottom line - you can overlook a lot more than that for $300 unlocked.

Reaction Score
I have one that I got a few months ago. I love it more than the iphone platform. The customization of android is exactly what I love about it. As for the battery life, I use JuiceDefender Ultimate and I have no issues with short battery life. It tells me that it increased my total battery time by around 1.8x on average. And I've also had no issues with service on AT&T.

Reaction Score
Thanks guys, installed juice defender earlier today and it seems to be working well.

Reaction Score
There are other battery saver apps for android, but I only have experience with juice defender. I haven't really felt the need to try anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom