OT: golden state - klay that great? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: golden state - klay that great?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

I really dislike Steph because of his fictional underdog story. The world is supposed to feel sorry for him because he didn’t get an offer from Duke? He grew up in a multi-multi-millionaire household. I’m all for giving credit to anyone other than the softest NBA player of all time. Let’s call Klay one of the all time best.

What a ridiculous take. If that's what grinds your gears Klay grew up in privilege with an NBA father as well.

Yeah but he went to WSU and no one paints that picture of him. He’s also not a punk.

Me? He's an unselfish player and has a team first attitude. Seems generous with fans and the media. Sets a positive parenting example. Highlights his wife and her endeavors.

How many guys from Davidson go pro?

He was overlooked.

Just because you’re the son of a former pro doesn’t guarantee anything.

It’s also rare that you are better than your younger siblings.

And if you read the meme scouting report aboht curry, it’s 100% accurate and still didn’t matter. He willed his way being a max player.

Klay is fine too. But wazzu is a major conference. He still worked his butt off to make it to the lotto.

They are both underdogs, even if they had a pro for a sad.

People hate the warriors but don’t recognize the improbably astronomical odds it took for everything to come together.

Minny had to take 2 other point guards, and like 5 other teams pass on him.

Thompson became a star as a late lottery pick, a place with really low odds because teams still take big risk there.

And then they found dray in round 2.

And, you needed curry to get banged up during his rookie year so he didn’t get rookie max.

Plus dray had to knowingly take less to open up max space

Plus Howard had to turn down gs and they signed iggy instead.

And, they had to have the one time cap spike rather than a smoothing out.

Any one of those things and the warriors aren’t the warriors.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Didn’t that happen with Bulls, Phil sent tape to the league offices the Pistons Jordan rules against him.
This conversation is only about the warriors.
just kidding, you are probably right.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Every take of yours is worse than the last one.

Did you actually watch the NBA in the 80's? Dominique Wilkins was a lot of things, but tough was not one of them. Doug Moe's Denver Nuggets didn't even think about playing defense and they made the playoffs 9 straight years in the 80's.

Then came the 90's, when Riley introduced clutching and grabbing. I could shut down a lot of guys if I was allowed to just hug them. Only an idiot would think that wrestling was "good" defense or toughness. If you think that is defense, you should find another sport to follow. Making matters worse, the shooting was really bad in the 90's and the product was diluted by expansion.
Golden state is about as good as Run TMC was. Tim, Mitch and Chris. They sucked and so do the warriors.

Reaction Score
Old men on the Boneyard and complaining about the modern NBA, name a more iconic duo
steph & klay are going down in history as the best scoring duo ever. the old head argument is, with the change in defense, if jordan, ron harper, reggie miller would average what harden is now

Reaction Score
I hate the warriors and I hope klay never comes back.
besides the fact this just a dumb thing to say under any circumstances it's just weird. klay was easily the most likeable among their 4 all stars.

I’m a former Spurs fan. I quit watching the nba but I’ll forever love my spurs.
ok boomer
Well considering half of the fans stopped watching the nba. Maybe it’s not so unreasonable.
the nba has more fans now than ever before. but the lowest rated finals of the past 20 years usually involved your boring old spurs.
It’s nice to look at the box scores though and see that the warriors are getting beat down every night.
i hope kawhi leaving haunts your dreams. for someone who doesnt care about the nba anymore you sure do spend a lot of time obsessing over it.

Last edited:

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
besides the fact this just a dumb thing to say under any circumstances it's just weird. klay was easily the most likeable among their 4 all stars.

ok boomer

the nba has more fans now than ever before. but the lowest rated finals of the past 20 years usually involved your boring old spurs.

i hope kawhi leaving haunts your dreams. for someone who doesnt care about the nba anymore you sure do spend a lot of time obsessing over it.
Nah. I could care less about the nba but I do play draft kings. So I look at the stats. There’s nothing good about any of the warriors. How did you know my name was Boomer?

Reaction Score
Klay was arguably the best player on the GS dynasty. This isn't a big secret. All you had to do is watch TNT NBA coverage to hear that almost exact opinion pondered by Bharles Charkley.

Reaction Score
Nah. I could care less about the nba but I do play draft kings. So I look at the stats.
lol that's like saying you don't care about the stock market yet you make trades and read the wall street journal

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Klay was arguably the best player on the GS dynasty. This isn't a big secret. All you had to do is watch TNT NBA coverage to hear that almost exact opinion pondered by Bharles Charkley.

no.
No he wasn’t.

klay is a fine player.

but Steph was clearly the best player pre Durant.

And Durant is Durant.

0% chance klay was better than Durant.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
steph & klay are going down in history as the best scoring duo ever. the old head argument is, with the change in defense, if jordan, ron harper, reggie miller would average what harden is now

What's the metric for best scoring duo ever? You can make a case but I am curious what you are using to make that statement.

Reaction Score
no.
No he wasn’t.

klay is a fine player.

but Steph was clearly the best player pre Durant.

And Durant is Durant.

0% chance klay was better than Durant.
That's easy... I disagree

Reaction Score
Yeah, if you think klay is better than Durant there’s really nowhere to go.
I think Klay and Durant carried the offense. Curry seemed to operate outside the normal offense.

Reaction Score
I think Klay and Durant carried the offense. Curry seemed to operate outside the normal offense.
Lol.
It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Klay is an all-time great shooter & Steph is probably the greatest shooter of all time. That being said, imagine what our boy Ray would do in todays NBA with the kind of 3-point leash shooters get --- back in his Seattle days he'd be averaging 30+pg. I would argue that his style of play has had a major influence on how the game is played today. Klay is probably the closest thing we have to Ray right now, but we've unfortunately never seen him as a true #1 option --- hopefully he makes a full recovery & can ball out soon.

Reaction Score
Yeah, if you think klay is better than Durant there’s really nowhere to go.
After thinking about it, ill elaborate my position. I agree with much of what you say. Pre-Durant, no doubt Curry was better than Klay. Curry deservedly won mvp.

But something happened as the team evolved with Durant. Much of the time, Durant was clearly the best of the three. But there were times Klay rivaled Durant in that category. Sorta like a 70/30 thing. Durant was the best player on the floor 70% of the time and Klay was the best player on the floor 30% of the time.

During this time Curry kinda became a bit of a sideshow. It was like the regular offense consisted of Durant and Klay making shots that were impossible to guard. They would beat every team in the league with those 2 making the types of shots they could make. But every other game or so Curry would start making crazy 30 ft three point shots. Curry's shots seemed a bit outside the regular flow of offense. Curry's shots took nothing away from the regular offense. If Curry didn't make those shots, the Warriors would win by 10ish. If Curry made those shots the game was over at half.

So it was late in the Warrior dynasty that Klay seemed to surpass Curry and at times rivaled Durant.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Why do you like mid range shooting? What did it ever do for you?

I guess I enjoyed watching George Gervin, Kevin McHale, Dominique Wilkins among others.

Reaction Score
I guess I enjoyed watching George Gervin, Kevin McHale, Dominique Wilkins among others.
And if those guys had been shooting 3s instead of long 2s would it have changed your enjoyment at all?

In other news, Steph put up 62 tonight, 2nd most by an active player (Booker had 70 against the Celtics a couple years back).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom