OT: golden state - klay that great? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: golden state - klay that great?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Green might be "overrated" now based on salary, but I'd say the general consensus agrees that he's fallen off the last couple years and so is properly rated. He really only had that 1 great shooting year, but it lined up with his undeniably great defensive peak and Curry's offensive peak and so they won 73 games.

What made the Warriors so devastating was that they had 5 3-point shooters AND 5 playmakers on the court at the same time in an offense that emphasized passing and attacking the space, while not sacrificing on the defensive end AT ALL (becuase Draymond and Iguodala are all-time defenders and Klay is quite good). Draymond's playmaking and passing with the ball as a 5 is/was ridiculous.

This. Green had one fluke shooting year at the right time.

The mistake was doubling down and paying him an extension that is like $40m when you consider the tax.

Wiggins and oubre aren’t good enough shooters to make the impact they want. GS was banking on Steph and klay making guys better shooters, which they did pretty consistently. That Wiggins contract is one of the 3-4 worst in the league, the twolves giving him an extension was laughable.

The reality is gs lost a lot of shooting and defense woth the losses of iggy, Livingston, and kd.

Their draft picks have not been good. Looney is a backup C. Evan’s and spellman busted. Jordan Poole looks awful and paschall hasn’t done much yet but stuff stats on a bad team.

They really miss West in that front office.

the Q

Reaction Score
What are you talking about? The Warriors lead the league in defensive efficiency twice during their run the last few years and were still top 10 the other years. Klay is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league and draymond can switch 1-5. And when they had KD that's another all world defender in their lineup.

They also had iggy, Livingston and bogut.

They’ve lost a lot of defensive talent.

the Q

Reaction Score
I don't hold it against Curry for taking his time figuring out how to win. For comparison, Jordan only won one playoff game in his first three years in Chicago and his bulls teams were swept twice, and actually had a losing regular season record before Scottie got there. However, I'm not sure LeBron or Jordan are really fair comparisons for Steph given that they are probably the 1A and 1B GOAT for most people.

I think you're spot on with the Kevin Durant take. To me it felt like they were mostly always clicking after the Christmas day game in 2016 against Cleveland, but it never seemed like they ever hit that extra gear. Which feels weird to say considering they won 67 games in 2016-2017 and won 2 straight titles.

With the bench they had and that "lineup of death" they threw out at the end of games just oozed of great culture. You mentioned it with that bench they had. Kevin Durant bought into it from day one. I think once Curry gets his running mates back who know how to win games in Klay and Draymond they'll be back to what they were. Also throw in Wiseman and likely another lottery pick after this year, they could be set up for a really nice run to close out Curry's career.

That death lineup really only worked dray’s fluke shooting year.

That’s what made wiseman so appealing to them. A center who stretch the floor a little bit.

Reaction Score
Steph can’t guard anyone. Green is so overrated it’s painful. If he was on a different team, you wouldn’t even know who he was. This new nba is a different game than it used to be. The rules are much different and the refs call the games much differently. The Bulls would sweep the warriors best team. That’s my opinion.
The MJ Bulls, some of the greatest teams ever assembled with the greatest player in NBA history, would beat the Warriors, therefore they are massively overrated.... that's some solid logic right there.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
The MJ Bulls, some of the greatest teams ever assembled with the greatest player in NBA history, would beat the Warriors, therefore they are massively overrated.... that's some solid logic right there.
The warriors were only champions because the nba got soft and changed the rules.......

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
They also needed to cheat against the Spurs in 2017 and injured Kawai on purpose or the Spurs would have knocked them out of the playoffs that year.

Reaction Score
This. Green had one fluke shooting year at the right time.

The mistake was doubling down and paying him an extension that is like $40m when you consider the tax.

Wiggins and oubre aren’t good enough shooters to make the impact they want. GS was banking on Steph and klay making guys better shooters, which they did pretty consistently. That Wiggins contract is one of the 3-4 worst in the league, the twolves giving him an extension was laughable.

The reality is gs lost a lot of shooting and defense woth the losses of iggy, Livingston, and kd.

Their draft picks have not been good. Looney is a backup C. Evan’s and spellman busted. Jordan Poole looks awful and paschall hasn’t done much yet but stuff stats on a bad team.

They really miss West in that front office.
They had to give him that extension and were hoping for more improvement. He's still a very good player just hasn't become superstar and suffers from inconsistency. He's still young and can fulfill his potential he's almost similar to Rudy Gay

the Q

Reaction Score
They had to give him that extension and were hoping for more improvement. He's still a very good player just hasn't become superstar and suffers from inconsistency. He's still young and can fulfill his potential he's almost similar to Rudy Gay

Wiggins has been basically replacement level for his entire career.

The wolves absolutely did not have to give him a max extension.

No one else was going to either.

Bazz has a higher career vorp and doesn’t have a job right now

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
The warriors were only champions because the nba got soft and changed the rules.......

And football used to be played in leather helmets.

Things change...the Warriors adjusted to (and contributed to) the evolution of the game, and they’ve reaped the benefits for doing so.

I don’t really disagree with your argument that the physical nature of the NBA has gone way down, I just don’t really get the point of arguing it.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
And football used to be played in leather helmets.

Things change...the Warriors adjusted to (and contributed to) the evolution of the game, and they’ve reaped the benefits for doing so.

I don’t really disagree with your argument that the physical nature of the NBA has gone way down, I just don’t really get the point of arguing it.
I agree with everything that you’re saying. I despise the warriors. So I think I’m just venting. It’s nice to look at the box scores though and see that the warriors are getting beat down every night.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
not a fan of today's NBA. They are great athletes but not the same defensive players of yesteryear plus the toughness. Too many three point shooters and not enough mid range shooters. Call me old school but would take that over today's basketball any day. Why the NBA has an issue with ratings

Reaction Score
Wiggins has been basically replacement level for his entire career.

The wolves absolutely did not have to give him a max extension.

No one else was going to either.

Bazz has a higher career vorp and doesn’t have a job right now
Its easy to say that now when he signed that it was a different view.

the Q

Reaction Score
Its easy to say that now when he signed that it was a different view.

Wiggins vorp the first 4 years

That’s a grand total of .1 vorp before his extension kicked in

Reaction Score
not a fan of today's NBA. They are great athletes but not the same defensive players of yesteryear plus the toughness. Too many three point shooters and not enough mid range shooters. Call me old school but would take that over today's basketball any day. Why the NBA has an issue with ratings
Why do you like mid range shooting? What did it ever do for you?

Reaction Score
We could find who would win a best of 7 series just do a simulation on what if sports.

Reaction Score

Didn’t that happen with Bulls, Phil sent tape to the league offices the Pistons Jordan rules against him.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Every take of yours is worse than the last one.

Did you actually watch the NBA in the 80's? Dominique Wilkins was a lot of things, but tough was not one of them. Doug Moe's Denver Nuggets didn't even think about playing defense and they made the playoffs 9 straight years in the 80's.

Then came the 90's, when Riley introduced clutching and grabbing. I could shut down a lot of guys if I was allowed to just hug them. Only an idiot would think that wrestling was "good" defense or toughness. If you think that is defense, you should find another sport to follow. Making matters worse, the shooting was really bad in the 90's and the product was diluted by expansion.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I really dislike Steph because of his fictional underdog story. The world is supposed to feel sorry for him because he didn’t get an offer from Duke? He grew up in a multi-multi-millionaire household. I’m all for giving credit to anyone other than the softest NBA player of all time. Let’s call Klay one of the all time best.

Reaction Score
I really dislike Steph because of his fictional underdog story. The world is supposed to feel sorry for him because he didn’t get an offer from Duke? He grew up in a multi-multi-millionaire household. I’m all for giving credit to anyone other than the softest NBA player of all time. Let’s call Klay one of the all time best.
What a ridiculous take. If that's what grinds your gears Klay grew up in privilege with an NBA father as well.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What a ridiculous take. If that's what grinds your gears Klay grew up in privilege with an NBA father as well.
Yeah but he went to WSU and no one paints that picture of him. He’s also not a punk.

Reaction Score
Yeah but he went to WSU and no one paints that picture of him. He’s also not a punk.

Besides you, who considers Steph Curry a "punk"? And who on earth says you're supposed to feel sorry for him?

The NBA takes on this board never disappoint. The other one where the NBA has a "ratings problem" because there's not enough mid-range jumpers is good too.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Besides you, who considers Steph Curry a "punk"? And who on earth says you're supposed to feel sorry for him?

The NBA takes on this board never disappoint. The other one where the NBA has a "ratings problem" because there's not enough mid-range jumpers is good too.
Who doesn’t think he’s a punk?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Every take of yours is worse than the last one.

Did you actually watch the NBA in the 80's? Dominique Wilkins was a lot of things, but tough was not one of them. Doug Moe's Denver Nuggets didn't even think about playing defense and they made the playoffs 9 straight years in the 80's.

Then came the 90's, when Riley introduced clutching and grabbing. I could shut down a lot of guys if I was allowed to just hug them. Only an idiot would think that wrestling was "good" defense or toughness. If you think that is defense, you should find another sport to follow. Making matters worse, the shooting was really bad in the 90's and the product was diluted by expansion.

That is your opinion and the 80's were great for the NBA and Bird and Magic saved the NBA and that is a fact.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom