OT: GOAT title is overused and too quickly given by the media. | The Boneyard

OT: GOAT title is overused and too quickly given by the media.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
what ever shade GIF

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I know that the nebulous "media" is the convenient scapegoat for all that ails society, but I really think all the rampant "GOAT" hyperbole is mostly driven by overzealous fans. The term has been so freely tossed around and cheapened in the common parlance that at this point it's lost its original value and just means something like "awesome" or "legend".

"To be called GOAT these days, you can merely be among the best, or popular in that moment, or a really good quarterback with one ring. Folks talk GOAT if you win the first five starts of your NFL career. There are allegedly two GOATs on the same high school football team and three GOATs in the same sport."​

Reaction Score
For me, football is one of the worst. For example, Tom Brady is supposed to be the GOAT. I don't agree- I would describe him as the most successful quarterback with a long career (based on Superbowl wins). But as far as passing ability & accuracy, in a lot of seasons he isn't even considered the best among his peers. Yes, the Patriots have won a number of Superbowls with him as QB (is it seven?), but having Bellichek as coach had a lot to do with this too.

Reaction Score
Here's an indisputable claim: my state (Maryland) has produced the GOAT both for women and for men in swimming: Katie Ledecky and Michael Phelps.
But because history hasn't ended, there may be other claimants still to be uncovered (all of which, of course, have been offered by Louisville).

Reaction Score
Goat: Greatest Of All Time

/ɡəʊt/ abbreviation for Greatest Of All Time: used to refer to or describe the person who has performed better than anyone else ever, especially in a sport: Mohammad Ali boxed his way into our hearts and will forever be known as GOAT, Greatest Of All Time.3 days ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom