OT Giants give Shepard $41M | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Giants give Shepard $41M

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Defenses will be keyed in on Barkley. Shepard and Tate are versatile in that they can play outside and in the slot. These guys will be moving around the formation a lot. They also love Engram in the 'big slot' role. Engram is the key. If he's healthy the 4 of them (SB, GT, SS, EE) will be catching a lot of balls.

I'm no Eli fan. My issue is that I don't think the QBs in this draft are the answer. I'd go for Rosen if the price is reasonable. Or I just wait and draft a guy next yr when the class is deeper.

I think the best case scenario for the giants is taking someone like Ed Oliver (or if by some miracle Quinnen Williams falls) at 6 Devin Bush at 17, and the best RT available at 37. Trading 3rd and 4th round picks for Rosen.

I've heard conflicting reports about Rosen's cost. Cards might want a 1st, but Ive heard teams don't even want to give a 2nd either.

I agree with this. If they aren't sold on Haskins at 6, and it costs only the 2nd, I'd roll the dice and grab Rosen.

Reaction Score
Looking closer...it kind of looks like the G men have opted for 2 # 2 WR's as opposed to a 1 and 2.

Reaction Score
Looking closer...it kind of looks like the G men have opted for 2 # 2 WR's as opposed to a 1 and 2.

How many number ones are really out there though? 5?

I don’t understand the Tate signing at all although they can get out with little dead money after year two of that deal. But Shepard is a very good receiver. Could approach 90-100 catches with a nice ypr as the lead receiver. Even Engram needs to learn to catch, and Tate offers a great safety valve as does Barkley. The Giants offense is actually well constructed . . Except QB.

Reaction Score
Apparently the Giants have the cash to spend on the position after UConn alum John Dorsey grabbed OBJ for my boys the Browns.

Reaction Score
How many number ones are really out there though? 5?

I don’t understand the Tate signing at all although they can get out with little dead money after year two of that deal. But Shepard is a very good receiver. Could approach 90-100 catches with a nice ypr as the lead receiver. Even Engram needs to learn to catch, and Tate offers a great safety valve as does Barkley. The Giants offense is actually well constructed . . Except QB.

QB is the most important piece

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom