OT Giants give Shepard $41M | The Boneyard

OT Giants give Shepard $41M

Reaction Score
On top of Golden Tate's $40M contract too lol

C

Chief00

No team has compounded personnel decision mistakes as much as the Giants. It all started with not letting go of Eli. His poor play and contract has been the anchor that keeps sinking them. Now we trade Beckham walk and we overpay Shepard.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Seems ok in a vacuum, but with that said it makes him around the 20th highest paid WR in the NFL. Not sure if that's really where Shepard would stack up.

Reaction Score
Guys like Crowder and Enunwa are getting this kind of money and only 21 million of it is guaranteed.
Shepard is a good WR who can block and run nice routes. Belichek was asking about him so you know hes good.
Barkley, Engram, Tate and Shepard. Quality group of players.
I'd be tempted in getting a quality TE in the draft and making Engram a Mike Evans type receiver

Reaction Score
Seems ok in a vacuum, but with that said it makes him around the 20th highest paid WR in the NFL. Not sure if that's really where Shepard would stack up.
the important question is where the contract ranks towards the final year of the contract. I think it's going to look like a solid signing 2-3 years from now.

Reaction Score
No team has compounded personnel decision mistakes as much as the Giants. It all started with not letting go of Eli. His poor play and contract has been the anchor that keeps sinking them. Now we trade Beckham walk and we overpay Shepard.
Shepard might be better utilized if we had a different QB. I am a big fan of the giants but was never a fan of Eli.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
the important question is where the contract ranks towards the final year of the contract. I think it's going to look like a solid signing 2-3 years from now.

Yeah, I pretty much agree. It's tough to be too upset with this move. I like Shepard and what he brings to the team. With him and Tate over the middle and Engram in seem, they should provide some decent options for Eli (or whoever).

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Sterling Shepard is a really really good receiver. He just happened to be playing on the same team as a top 3 receiver in the NFL. I don’t hate this deal.

Reaction Score
Sterling Shepard is a really really good receiver. He just happened to be playing on the same team as a top 3 receiver in the NFL. I don’t hate this deal.
I think his ceiling is Amani Toomer levels of production. And if that becomes true, then it's a really good deal.

Reaction Score
I assumed I'd open this thread and see lots of praise. This is a really good deal

Reaction Score
I am with you Chief. 70% of BigBlueView.com agrees with you, but there is the absurd 30% that are glad OBJ is gone and still believe in Eli, smh

Reaction Score
There are some quality guys still out there, some coming injuries and somebbn with questionable character issues. Martavis Bryant, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Michael Crabtree, Dontrell Inman. Shepard is a safe pick, you know what your getting, but I'm not sure his numbers would bw the same if ODB is not taking up so much intetest on the other side of the field. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Reaction Score
Giants should have drafted or signed a QB at least 2 years ago. Too many defended Eli with the "no OL" argument. All the while watching him make one bonehead play after another. I was not a fan of trading Beckham but has been at times a distraction, and missed a lot of games. Getting a 1st, 3rd and a starter on D was not a horrible move. What they do with the picks is the key. Does this mean they think Shephard is their #1? Not so sure on that one.

Reaction Score
In 2016, the Giants took Shepard early in the 2nd round, seven picks ahead of WR Michael Thomas of the Saints.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
in today's NFL it is what should be expected for a slot receiver who can block and runs good routes.

Reaction Score
There are some quality guys still out there, some coming injuries and somebbn with questionable character issues. Martavis Bryant, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Michael Crabtree, Dontrell Inman. Shepard is a safe pick, you know what your getting, but I'm not sure his numbers would bw the same if ODB is not taking up so much intetest on the other side of the field. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Shepard is better than all of those players.

Reaction Score
I like this deal. Shep is an outstanding player with a bright future. Eli's successor really likes this deal.

C

Chief00

I like this deal. Shep is an outstanding player with a bright future. Eli's successor really likes this deal.

We will see how good he is without the defense preoccupied with ODB? I have an open mind about it but he will have to show results even with a subpar QB throwing the ball.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
We will see how good he is without the defense preoccupied with ODB? I have an open mind about it but he will have to show results even with a subpar QB throwing the ball.
Defenses will be keyed in on Barkley. Shepard and Tate are versatile in that they can play outside and in the slot. These guys will be moving around the formation a lot. They also love Engram in the 'big slot' role. Engram is the key. If he's healthy the 4 of them (SB, GT, SS, EE) will be catching a lot of balls.

I'm no Eli fan. My issue is that I don't think the QBs in this draft are the answer. I'd go for Rosen if the price is reasonable. Or I just wait and draft a guy next yr when the class is deeper.

I think the best case scenario for the giants is taking someone like Ed Oliver (or if by some miracle Quinnen Williams falls) at 6 Devin Bush at 17, and the best RT available at 37. Trading 3rd and 4th round picks for Rosen.

I've heard conflicting reports about Rosen's cost. Cards might want a 1st, but Ive heard teams don't even want to give a 2nd either.

Reaction Score
Defenses will be keyed in on Barkley. Shepard and Tate are versatile in that they can play outside and in the slot. These guys will be moving around the formation a lot. They also love Engram in the 'big slot' role. Engram is the key. If he's healthy the 4 of them (SB, GT, SS, EE) will be catching a lot of balls.

I'm no Eli fan. My issue is that I don't think the QBs in this draft are the answer. I'd go for Rosen if the price is reasonable. Or I just wait and draft a guy next yr when the class is deeper.

I think the best case scenario for the giants is taking someone like Ed Oliver (or if by some miracle Quinnen Williams falls) at 6 Devin Bush at 17, and the best RT available at 37. Trading 3rd and 4th round picks for Rosen.

I've heard conflicting reports about Rosen's cost. Cards might want a 1st, but Ive heard teams don't even want to give a 2nd either.
For the Giants it's gonna cost a 2nd for Rosen. Their only 3rd is the second to last pick of the round so barely a 3rd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom