OT - Giants/Cowboys | The Boneyard

OT - Giants/Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, that was one of the most bizarre games I've ever seen. Both teams tried to give the game away no fewer than a half dozen times and somehow in the end, it's Eli Manning - the two time Super Bowl champ - not possessing the awareness to simply take the sack, something that should have been obvious to a fourth grader.

If the Eagles lose the division by one game I may need to find a new hobby.

Reaction Score
Worst clock management I've ever seen at this level, Eli is an idiot but how the hell do you not run it there. As soon as Eli threw that I knew the game was over. Giants never cease to amaze me with their stupidity.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Worst clock management I've ever seen at this level, Eli is an idiot but how the hell do you not run it there. As soon as Eli threw that I knew the game was over. Giants never cease to amaze me with their stupidity.
Don't hate the call. Cowboys had to sell out against the run. Play action can usually open up a pitch and catch score there. It's fine to try the risk reward play, but once it's busted sit on it.

Reaction Score
Don't hate the call. Cowboys had to sell out against the run. Play action can usually open up a pitch and catch score there. It's fine to try the risk reward play, but once it's busted sit on it.
The call was horrible, run it twice. You most likely score and if somehow they stop you two times, Dallas gets the ball back with no time starting at their own 1. Passing it is dumber than dirt and has the chance for what a dumb quarterback might do in that situation, throw it out of bounds or force a throw and get intercepted. They found the one possible way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Reaction Score
The call was horrible, run it twice. You most likely score and if somehow they stop you two times, Dallas gets the ball back with no time starting at their own 1. Passing it is dumber than dirt and has the chance for what a dumb quarterback might do in that situation, throw it out of bounds or force a throw and get intercepted. They found the one possible way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Thats what I would have done your at the 1 take 2 shots at it and wrap it up at the very least your trying to establish something with your oline and a running game and if you are gonna throw don't make it so obvious by going with an empty backfield gotta have a back to chip or check down to. Sadly I have seen even worse endings with the Giants then this one so I should be used to it. I hope a horde of reporters surround Coughlin this week because he deserves it.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I thought the game was over; couldn't believe they called a pass there. Let us right back in, and Tony marched right down the field. Ugly game, one we deserved to lose but I'm glad we won. Though it sucks that Dez is gonna miss 4-6 weeks now.

Reaction Score
That was on Coughlin, they coached not to win. Poor clock management.

Reaction Score
When the Giants had the ball on their last possesion, I was contemplating on going to bed (i.e. game over). I realized that I could turn the TV off, because I wanted to witness how the Giants were going to lose the game.

I just knew they were not going to win. Eli's clock management was horrific, it was like watching a basketball team self destruct in the final 2 minutes.

Reaction Score
When the Giants had the ball on their last possesion, I was contemplating on going to bed (i.e. game over). I realized that I could turn the TV off, because I wanted to witness how the Giants were going to lose the game.

I just knew they were not going to win. Eli's clock management was horrific, it was like watching a basketball team self destruct in the final 2 minutes.

Yeah it was awful.. with the lead and the ball, he was snapping the ball with 15 seconds on the play clock.. I was like wtf are you doing? You do know the clock is on YOUR side, right?

Reaction Score
Not a fan of either team; but, am interested to know how the two UConn guys did. I did not see any receiver stats for Davis on the Giants. Ditto for Jones on the Cowboys' defense.

Reaction Score
complete whiff, really difficult to watch.

my friends and i were laughing and joking about how "only the giants" could blow that 10-point lead in the 4th quarter, but then were stunned to silence when they actually did.

Reaction Score
geremy davis played really well in the last pre-season game against the patriots, but i didn't see him at all last night.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
geremy davis played really well in the last pre-season game against the patriots, but i didn't see him at all last night.

If Preston Parker keeps dropping easy balls and running poor routes like he did last night, then you may see Davis get his shot.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of either team; but, am interested to know how the two UConn guys did. I did not see any receiver stats for Davis on the Giants. Ditto for Jones on the Cowboys' defense.
Byron Jones was credited with one tackle, might have been on special teams for all I know. As a DB, better not to hear your name called unless you are going to get credit for a pass defensed (NFL.com doesn't have those in their box score) or an INT.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
my friends and i were laughing and joking about how "only the giants" could blow that 10-point lead in the 4th quarter, but then were stunned to silence when they actually did.
Obviously you've never seen the Bills play.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Eli. Why can't he do that in 2007? Bastard.

Reaction Score
Throwing the ball out of the endzone, while stupid, was not even the stupidest play of the game. The personal foul on the Cowboys should have cost them the game. But the stupidest thing in the game was asking Rashad Jennings not to score on the first two downs of the last series.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...ys-was-told-not-score-end-dallas-cowboys-game

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.. if true, somebody should be fired.. nevermind, he says Eli told him not to. Obviously they're not gonna cut Eli.. all I can say is WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom