OT- G League Pursuing Jalen Green, Terrence Clarke, Others | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- G League Pursuing Jalen Green, Terrence Clarke, Others

Reaction Score
isnt the nba a bunch of even better grown men fighting for a paycheck?

The vibe of the NBA and the G League are complete opposites. In many ways, the G League is more intense. Again, it's a bunch of grown men fighting for a paycheck. $7K a week is standard for G League players. These guys play like their lives depend on making it to the NBA, because...they do. Guys in the NBA can ride the pine their whole career and leave with >$10 million in the bank account. I can guarantee you even guys in the NBA you've never heard of aren't hurting, they're doing just fine. Can't say the same about G League guys. I can't believe any 18 would want to do that and even if they did, it's not the best place to develop.

Reaction Score
The vibe of the NBA and the G League are complete opposites. In many ways, the G League is more intense. Again, it's a bunch of grown men fighting for a paycheck. $7K a week is standard for G League players. These guys play like their lives depend on making it to the NBA, because...they do. Guys in the NBA can ride the pine their whole career and leave with >$10 million in the bank account. I can guarantee you even guys in the NBA you've never heard of aren't hurting, they're doing just fine. Can't say the same about G League guys. I can't believe any 18 would want to do that and even if they did, it's not the best place to develop.
an nba player on a short term deal (which is most of them) doesnt want to get demoted to the g league when their deal expires any more than a g leaguer wants to get cut.

are people trying to argue that established stars are more gentle than g league players or something? shaq, barkely, rodman, oakley etc would like a word

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Basically the exact opposite of all of this is true.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
some years back, I played in a 'semi-pro' league in metro sf. meatpackers city tough.
walking towards the hs gym with my buddie, who was the only reason why I was on the team and collecting around $100 a game (sweeeet. cash moneh to basically sit on the bench, and mebbe play a bit when the 'stars' couldn't make a game), he says 'ya see? ya see? check out those guys from the other squad, standing around pounding beer and blowin blunts. be prepared, and remember I told you that it could get ugly.' most of that league were guys on the other side of 'chasing the dream' yet still committed to the muscles. now I've played in leagues all over before, and seen my share of unusually strong ballers, but I never saw/felt anything like that. literally, after every game, players from both teams were only a few less drugs away from visiting the er. talk aboot 'bringing the pain,' I started to half expect the zebras to show up in bow ties, and say 'go to your corners' a lot. I don't have an opinion on whether hs'ers should be allowed to go g league, but I do know that each and every one who does, is gonna get whacked. big time. mostly because of the 'you ain't comin between me and my money' thing. ouch.

Reaction Score

This is quite a take, rather frigid I think...

Reaction Score
some years back, I played in a 'semi-pro' league in metro sf. meatpackers city tough.
i sincerely appreciate the colorful anecdote but the flint city tropics arent in the g league either. the nba is making a serious investment and envision it more like a AAA farm system equivalent where they can get their hands on talent earlier and develop it better than the calamaris and nose pickers of the world

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom