OT: Former UConn Soccer Player Sues School For Unfair Treatment | The Boneyard

OT: Former UConn Soccer Player Sues School For Unfair Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm too lazy to dredge through the muck to find dozens, maybe many, many dozens of examples of male players behaving at least as foolishly if not far worse who got a few games suspensions. Or less. Without a list of write ups on her prior to this incident having the scholarship yanked does seem harsh.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I'm too lazy to dredge through the muck to find dozens, maybe many, many dozens of examples of male players behaving at least as foolishly if not far worse who got a few games suspensions. Or less. Without a list of write ups on her prior to this incident having the scholarship yanked does seem harsh.

Or maybe the coach expects more from her players than other coaches.

Reaction Score
Was she saying, "We're #1"? :D
Or maybe it's Hawaiian for good luck?
610x.jpg

Reaction Score
"I did not intend to offend anyone. I was making a celebratory statement that was seriously misinterpreted and misunderstood."

There is a lot of misinterpretation in this world, but I think the meaning of the old 1 finger salute is about as cut and dried as it gets.

Reaction Score
Perhaps she does. It still doesn't make it any less punitive. Might be more to it than what we've heard, there usually is, but to change the course of a young woman's life over a gesture?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

UConn women's soccer coach Len Tsantiris is a him, not a "her".

Reaction Score
This is the end of it for me but if Joe Mixon gets a one year suspension and 100 hours of community service for breaking a woman's jaw, returns to the team, plays, and then heads off into the NF like nothing ever happened, I think, yeah, yanking her scholarship is ridiculous.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Perhaps she does. It still doesn't make it any less punitive. Might be more to it than what we've heard, there usually is, but to change the course of a young woman's life over a gesture?
That was my first thought - that perhaps there's some back story that we're not aware of. Tsantiris has been at UConn forever and hasn't pulled a scholarship for misbehavior before, to my knowledge.

Reaction Score
This is the end of it for me but if Joe Mixon gets a one year suspension and 100 hours of community service for breaking a woman's jaw, returns to the team, plays, and then heads off into the NF like nothing ever happened, I think, yeah, yanking her scholarship is ridiculous.

No, what's ridiculous is Mixon's punishment. He obviously should have been tossed out of the school.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
The double standard here is ridiculous. A suspension, sitting out some games, etc, would have been appropriate. Pulling her scholarship? That's insane. Unless there is more to the story, but from everything I've read it doesn't appear there is. Pick a school, any school, look at their football team, and I can almost guarantee there is a scandal much, much worse than this that resulted in...nothing.

Reaction Score
The double standard here is ridiculous. A suspension, sitting out some games, etc, would have been appropriate. Pulling her scholarship? That's insane. Unless there is more to the story, but from everything I've read it doesn't appear there is. Pick a school, any school, look at their football team, and I can almost guarantee there is a scandal much, much worse than this that resulted in...nothing.
But does this scandal happen on live TV?? or recorded TV or any TV?? Prolly not...

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

You could ask the same question of the YOUNG WOMANS gesture--and to a camera and thousands of people/fans.
A GROWN Woman should know better and think better. In life, as is being taught here, there are acts---and there are
consequences--you make the choice.

Reaction Score
But does this scandal happen on live TV?? or recorded TV or any TV?? Prolly not...
Not that being filmed should make one damn bit of difference, but
You could ask the same question of the YOUNG WOMANS gesture--and to a camera and thousands of people/fans.
A GROWN Woman should know better and think better. In life, as is being taught here, there are acts---and there are
consequences--you make the choice.
Erm, still doesn't address the issue of fairness. How is what she's doing in any way more severe than say, this?

Reaction Score

Your choice of words---"there is a scandal much much worse that this"---seems to indicate you think this significant enough to label it a scandal---rather than a stupid (unthinking of consequences) act. May be the reaction of the Administration is Why Uconn has fewer--SCANDALS??

Reaction Score
Not that being filmed should make one damn bit of difference, but

Erm, still doesn't address the issue of fairness. How is what she's doing in any way more severe than say, this?
[/
FAIRNESS IS LIKE PERFECTION SOMETHING TO BE STRIVEN FOR
Learn now---Life is not now or has it ever really been fair.
Even moma and DaDa are not always fair--because Fairness is often in the eyes of the person complaining!
And I have a bunch of

Reaction Score

Search ONLY UCONN players or Uconn Soccer players--because they are the only ones that apply. Uconn Admin is only responsible for THEIR actions --other schools have other standards.

Now if you want to argue the Dr Phil argument---She is between 18 and 30 and as such her brain is not fully developed--and is not responsible for her own actions! Normally that is the argument I use in situations like this. It was stupid, in the wrong place at the wrong time---the rest is between her and UConn Admin.
But life is UNFAIR!! When that is fully accepted you are mature. (I haven't matured yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom