OT-Flu Shot. | The Boneyard

OT-Flu Shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My wife and I are sick right now. I’m assuming flu because of the body aches. Night one was particularly bad. All kinds of odd pains and even a slight burning sensation on my back whenever I move around in a chair or while driving. Aside from that, congestion, exhaustion, itchy/sore throat, chills, sweats and now some coughing. I did not get a flu shot.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I wonder if people are more prone to getting sick now? Wearing mask during COVID might have lowered our immune system. Just speculation.
What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Whole family got sick around Halloween and haven’t stopped coughing since (probably RSV around that time). I never got around to getting the flu shot. My son is the only one who actually got the shot and the rest of our household except for him ended up getting Flu A end of last month. It was brutal - kicked my ass.

I may never live my life without a cough now.

Reaction Score
Had all the vax and flu shots, but also just finishing with a 2-week cold-from-hell. Was worse than my covid, minus a fever. There is a lot of stuff floating around. Good luck to all getting through this winter.
I know, right? I got a common cold a few weeks ago from my much beloved grandkids (age 5 & 6) - germy little snot bombs that they are. Luckily, with a few doses of Zycam I was able to get rid of it in a few days.

Reaction Score
Whole family got sick around Halloween and haven’t stopped coughing since (probably RSV around that time). I never got around to getting the flu shot. My son is the only one who actually got the shot and the rest of our household except for him ended up getting Flu A end of last month. It was brutal - kicked my ass.

I may never live my life without a cough now.
Hang in there. Hope you feel better.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Immunity theft; exposure to COVID weakens the immune system. A lack of exposure to previously introduced pathogens does not lead to a weaker immune system, otherwise measles and smallpox would be running rampant.

Reaction Score
I know, right? I got a common cold a few weeks ago from my much beloved grandkids (age 5 & 6) - germy little snot bombs that they are. Luckily, with a few doses of Zycam I was able to get rid of it in a few days.
Zicam is amazing!

Reaction Score
I get the flu shot yearly my grandfather died of the flu at 32.so it’s something I take seriously.
It still didn’t prevent me from getting type A Flu in April . I had 101 fever and was
really sick for two days.
It was pretty bad but no where as bad as the flu I got in the 1990’s
That was a pray for death 8-10 day affair, Losing 15 lbs.
Although I could afford the loss in those days.At my current age and weight a case like that would kill me.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
This is a weird thread to me being in a different part of the world. Hear me out before the down votes. I have the original J and J shot from 2020. My wife has had covid twice. Yet I was with a friend watching a game, probably spitting all over each other in celebration of a UConn win not too long ago, only ti find out he had covid the next day. It never even dawned on me that I was in trouble. Covid, here, has become the common cold. Call me naive but it’s interesting to learn people are still scared of crowds etc.

Reaction Score
Got the flu shot, and yesterday got my first shingles shot. Feeling a little achy today, but I hear getting shingles is nasty.
Get the 2nd shingles shot too. Not sure if down to a single shot yet. Had the first about 4 years ago, but no one had the 2nd available until a few months ago. Luckily I didn’t need to start over. Had a sore arm for a few days for that.

Reaction Score
This is a weird thread to me being in a different part of the world. Hear me out before the down votes. I have the original J and J shot from 2020. My wife has had covid twice. Yet I was with a friend watching a game, probably spitting all over each other in celebration of a UConn win not too long ago, only ti find out he had covid the next day. It never even dawned on me that I was in trouble. Covid, here, has become the common cold. Call me naive but it’s interesting to learn people are still scared of crowds etc.
Maybe it's because debilitating and possibly deadly viruses are passed between people. And as we grow older you never really know how they might impact you or people you care about. Just a hunch.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Maybe it's because debilitating and possibly deadly viruses are passed between people. And as we grow older you never really know how they might impact you or people you care about. Just a hunch.
So you have always avoided crowds? I mean, I’ve gone to games, concerts, funerals, shopping malls, etc, my whole life and never once wondered if the stranger next to me had a debilitating or possibly deadly virus that he could pass to me. I’m not pointing fingers at anyone. Like I said I live in a very different place and it’s fascinating to learn people are still avoiding crowds in 2022.

Reaction Score
Yup. My sister's father-in-law had had cancer in the past, was otherwise healthy and in his early 60s, got covid and was dead two weeks later. For many people the response will be "he'd had cancer," but for us it all felt rather sudden. He was just about to get another booster. I'm back to my old life and not wearing masks, but I have underlying conditions that make it risky for me, even in my 30s, and I certainly don't question anyone of any age who is still being super cautious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom