OT: Florida St. football/rape case | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Florida St. football/rape case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd be OK with that. However, as an alternative sanction, at the conclusion of the NC game, immediately forfeits their right to be in any of the Power 5 conferences and is replaced in the ACC by UConn.

Based on recent history, Florida State would form a voting block with all of the other football ‘powers’ plus a self-righteous Catholic school from Massachusetts resulting in UConn taking the blame for what, if anything, that did happen and the NCAA would relegate UConn to a DIII sports program or maybe the NAIA.

Reaction Score
Based on recent history, Florida State would form a voting block with all of the other football ‘powers’ plus a self-righteous Catholic school from Massachusetts resulting in UConn taking the blame for what, if anything, that did happen and the NCAA would relegate UConn to a DIII sports program or maybe the NAIA.

Very funny and not so very far fetched. In fact, I think ESPN would engineer it in a heart beat. But, they could care less about providing a little help to a start up program (how quickly they forgot their origins from '79 through the '80's).

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The question wasn't would it be worth it or is it legal. The question was do you think they would do it.

I don't know. But grown men have gone down over smaller payouts than this.

My answer plainly is: no I don't think they would do it. It's not worth it. Too little payoff (indirect at that), for far too elaborate a ruse. Plus too many people would be involved in order to pull off the conspiracy. No way it doesn't get leaked.

They say that there are is no such thing as a stupid question. Well I think this is the exception that proves the rule.

Reaction Score
Big surprise here, the decision was to press changers or not to press charges will likely not be made for several more weeks, possibly into 2014 as the State awaits additional evidence to be delivered.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10042813/decision-possible-charges-jameis-winston-delayed

The possible crime reportedly happened in Tallahassee. The district court is in Tallahassee. The hospital is in Tallahassee. What did Florida do, outsource evidence processing to India and then send it by ship?
Got a feeling that no charges will be made until mid-January. At that point, if charges are filed, Winston will then be hung out to dry while the NCAA, ESPN, and Florida State trip over each other running to the bank to deposit their millions.
Oh, and somehow, the NCAA will blame Calhoun and UConn for all of this…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom