OT: Favorite Soft Drinks ? (Soda, Pop, Soda Pop) | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite Soft Drinks ? (Soda, Pop, Soda Pop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Inspired by the Kaela Davis thread :D

I know soda's have too much sugar...too many calories.. too much (fill in the blank) ...... but every once in a while.... a good soda hits the spot. I rarely buy soda any more in the stores... but when I do....... there is only one choice.....

cheerwine--regional-sodas-del0212-lg.jpg

Cheerwine is the best soft drink in the history of mankind... :)

Check out this link.... they actually had a feature on it this week in the news

http://triad.news14.com/content/657287/made-in-the-carolinas--cheerwine

Its goes really well with BBQ (pork) and Hot Dogs... Carolina style... which means topped with mustard, chili, slaw, and onions.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Coca Cola... (but gave up about 45 days ago)

images

Reaction Score
I can't really taste things much like I used to - darn concussion. But, as I remember my favorites:

Diet Dr. Pepper - really Dr. Pepper, but I try to limit my sugared soda intake to special occasions.

Squirt - loved the grapefruity taste. Hard to find here in CT though.

Red Rock Ginger Ale - my son introduced me to this in Atlanta. Couldn't taste it much, but the "bite" lasted a while. Hoping my taste buds come back eventually so I can experience the full flavor.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
As a diabetic I have to agree that Diet Dr. Pepper is right up there, along with Coke Zero. They both are very close in taste to the original, sugar-filled versions.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'll be that guy....you really, really, really should not drink soft drinks.

Regular soda is a liquid fat bomb and diet soda is made up of stuff that causes lab rats to grow four heads.

But, ginger beer. Specifically, Gosling's.

Some ice, some ginger beer and a shot of rum...bam. Thank me later.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Regular soda is a liquid fat bomb and diet soda is made up of stuff that causes lab rats to grow four heads.

I already have to give up too many foods and drinks that will kill me. I REFUSE to give up my diet soda. Plus, I could use another head. Hopefully the next one will have a more handsome face attached and a bigger brain.

Reaction Score

Ah, use Goslings rum for a Dark & Stormy - great, refreshing summer drink!

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score

The olde Dark & Stormy...try it with 15 year old Barbancourt!

Reaction Score
... I could use another head. Hopefully the next one will have a more handsome face attached and a bigger brain.
(Taking the place of the absent Parson Icebear this evening) ... Let us pray.

Reaction Score
As a diabetic I have to agree that Diet Dr. Pepper is right up there, along with Coke Zero. They both are very close in taste to the original, sugar-filled versions.
I agree Coke Zero and Diet Dr. Pepper are very close in taste and that's not a particularly good thing. I've drank Diet Pepsi for many years after going off regular Pepsi. I probably drink a minimum of one and one half two liter bottles daily and have so for at least the last twenty years and I know it's an acquired taste for people who haven't drank diet soda before but once you've tried it a few times, it's unbeatable. I really don't mind Diet Coke too much because in a lot of clubs or restaurants you have no choice for any other diet cola but it's a big step behind. Coke Zero is a funky step down from Diet Coke and a much bigger step down from Diet Pepsi and I can't even believe that Dr. Pepper in any form is still on the market.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Not a big soda guy, but there's an exceptional southern novelty called Mr. Pibb that's like Dr. Pepper on steroids!

Reaction Score
I like the lightly flavored seltzer. Orange, raspberry, lime, etc. Or, Nantucket Nectar.

Absolute favorite - A little milk, chocolate syrup, mix it up then fill glass with seltzer. Add a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. Known as a Black & White ice cream soda.

Reaction Score
Vernors Ginger Soda. It's a regional soda from Detroit. It used to be called Vernors Ginger Ale but several years Go they changed name to Ginger soda. I get a case or two very time I'm in that part of the country.

Reaction Score
Not a big soda guy, but there's an exceptional southern novelty called Mr. Pibb that's like Dr. Pepper on steroids!
Mr. Pibb is not just in the south. It was readily available when I was in high school in Omaha, NE - and still is to this day.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I havent had a Mr Pibb in years..... Its a good drink.... but you pretty much have to get it in stores.... most restaurants down here serve Dr Pepper.. with a few exceptions.

Reaction Score

Good choice. I have not had Mr. Pibb since Air Force basic training almost 40 years ago.

Reaction Score
All my choices are from a bygone era when almost all of our family vacations were to my mother's hometown in Nort Carolina:
Suncrest - orange and grape
Nugrape
Dr. Pepper - when it was strictly a regional offering(10, 2, & 4). the Dr. Pepper we are drinking today does not come close to the soft drink of my youth.
Mountain Dew - before it went national
Hoffman's - all of them

Reaction Score
Oh, I just remembered. The Coke Freestyle machines often have Mr. Pibb. I am pretty sure the Moe's in South Windsor has it as an offering in their Freestyle.

Reaction Score
I already have to give up too many foods and drinks that will kill me. I REFUSE to give up my diet soda. Plus, I could use another head. Hopefully the next one will have a more handsome face attached and a bigger brain.
That's too funny, ETT - and exactly how I feel sometimes.
For the reasons Fishy mentions, I stopped my 2:00 PM daily fix of Diet Coke but not an occasional Canada Dry ginger ale.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I gave up Diet Coke a few years ago.

I found it to be a gateway drug. Have a Diet Coke and then before you know it, you're eating an Oreo with it.

Such a slippery slope.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I gave up Diet Coke a few years ago.

I found it to be a gateway drug. Have a Diet Coke and then before you know it, you're eating an Oreo with it.

Such a slippery slope.

I once stood on a slippery slope while eating an Oreo and drinking a Diet Coke...I slipped and fell. Luckily I have a pretty padded behind so I didn't get hurt too badly but I did break my wrist. Talk about risky activity.

Reaction Score
Vernors Ginger Soda. It's a regional soda from Detroit. It used to be called Vernors Ginger Ale but several years Go they changed name to Ginger soda. I get a case or two very time I'm in that part of the country.
+1...I have an even better deal--a friend brings me a case every time she comes East!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom