OT: Favorite MLB parks & why- | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite MLB parks & why-

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This thread makes me realize I need to get to more ballparks.

Fenway is easily #1 for me, but my view is jaded.

Old Yankee Stadium was a great ball park.

I saw a game up in Toronto and really enjoyed it. I had decent seats though. Fans were amazingly friendly.

Philly? Meh. It's fine.

Reaction Score
If I was playing a tourney or taking BP in a softball mini-park, it'd be CitiField. I'm a Mets fan.
Ok so your favorite park is based on your fandom, but you are critical of other fans 'says a sox fan' who base their choices on their team's park?! I guess since you understand that you're biased and favor a less than best stadium this makes some twisted sense. In my case I got Sox season tickets before coming a Sox fan so the ballpark actually contributed to my fandom.

Incidentally the one game I've been to at Citifield circa 2012 I was shocked to see Mets fans in a 50+ person line for Shake Shack. I've concluded that Mets fans don't care about the baseball game.

Reaction Score
Incidentally the one game I've been to at Citifield circa 2012 I was shocked to see Mets fans in a 50+ person line for Shake Shack. I've concluded that Mets fans don't care about the baseball game.

I've missed full innings in that dungeon underneath the CF bleachers waiting for a beer in Fenway.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
In 2012 that was a wise decision.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I have a seat from the original Yankee Stadium (from when it was torn down in the early 70's).

I hate the Yankees. Who wants it? Make an offer.

Reaction Score
Camden Yards is probably my favorite. Just a really cool stadium that feels way older than it is.
Coors Field is a lot of fun too, it's a unique design with the evergreen park in right center field, and you can see the rocky mountains rising up outside the stadium.
Wrigley and Fenway are classics, but they're both really freakin uncomfortable. Between the two I prefer Wrigley for the stadium seating in the buildings across the street from the outfield grandstands.
Citi Field is huge. Usually I prefer smaller stadiums but Citi has some real character despite its size. It doesn't feel like a sterile corporate cathedral like the new Yankee Stadium does.

I think the only other stadium I've been to for a game was Petco Park in San Diego, which I didn't really like for whatever reason. Might've had something to do with the Padres being godawful, so no one was even paying attention to the game. The big sandbox they have setup in the outfield is just tacky and gimmicky. They seem desperate to give fans something to do other than watch the Padres.

I still need to get to LA to see a Dodger game. I've heard Dodger Stadium is special in person.

Reaction Score
I've missed full innings in that dungeon underneath the CF bleachers waiting for a beer in Fenway.
I haven't sat in the bleachers in probably 10 years, to me choosing to sit there is choosing the crowd antics/people watching over the baseball game. Bleachers can be fun once in a while for the right game or with a big group, but you are way better off with standing room.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Fenway early 80's Yankees Sox game and Busty Heart in her prime walking back to her seat dressed in a halter top with several hundred males of all ages trailing behind trying to get an autograph and a dozen or so Yankee players hanging on the dug out roof gaping at her front as they were bouncing while she walked down the steps to her seat. Don't remember anything about the game but my wife and the wives of the other three couples with us thought she was disgusting. The guys did our best to remain quiet but that lasted all of three seconds. I still have strap burns from when they all tried to yank my binoculars from me!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Don't remember anything about the game but my wife and the wives of the other three couples with us thought she was disgusting.
Gotta side with the wives here. I always thought she was disgusting.

Reaction Score
I loved Fenway. Been to too many games to count. But after going to games at Camden Yards, Citizens and PNC Park I volunteer to press the button to blow up Fenway and get a modern park.

Reaction Score
Wrigley and Fenway. Friendly confines. You can smell the history.

Reaction Score
Been to Fenway, Yankee Stadium (new and old), Camden, Nationals Park (Old RFK and new), Tampa, Comerica, Target Field, Metro Dome, Cellular, Wrigley, Minute Maid, Chase Field, Petco Park, and Safeco.

Don't think I missed any. Comerica, Camden, Target, Petco Park, and Fenway are my favorite.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I have a seat from the original Yankee Stadium (from when it was torn down in the early 70's).

I want the seat!

Reaction Score

I will take it.

You and I one day, best pizza, wings and we will try all the best beers we can all on me - good?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Citi Field is a great place to see a game IMO. Feels small, especially compared to Yankee Stadium, and the sight lines are great pretty much everywhere. Great food options too.

Fenway for tradition. Wrigley is on my bucket list but until then Fenway is the oldest park I know.

Pac Bell for pretty much everything. Great setting, great food, great vibe.

Save yourself the trouble with Wrigley. It's hands down the worst venue in any sport. (at least as far as the ones I've been to)

Reaction Score
I still need to get to LA to see a Dodger game. I've heard Dodger Stadium is special in person.

It's a dump, and you face decent odds of getting stabbed in the parking lot when the Giants are in town. That being said, it's pretty beautiful at sunset.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
It's a dump, and you face decent odds of getting stabbed in the parking lot when the Giants are in town. That being said, it's pretty beautiful at sunset.
I went to a game there in June 1987. It was the strangest thing I ever saw at a ball game.
Nolan Ryan was pitching for Houston and Yogi Berra (then with Houston) was honored as one of the "worthy opponents" of the Dodgers.
Anyway, I think Ryan pitched shutout ball with I think 10 strikeouts in 7 innings. There were people coming in with babies in second and third innings who ate guacamole
and just paid attention to their babies. Then they left in the sixth or seventh inning in a very close game. Ryan was at that stage where he wasn't wasting any pitches, even
0-2 counts. Awesome performance. Nobody gave a damn. It was as if there wasn't even a game. Just getting a little late in the day sunshine, tossing their babies up in the air
and guacamole. Amazing. It was a decent place back then.

Reaction Score
Uh, is old Yankee Stadium still around and I don't know about it? So you can go watch games there and feel that history from Baseball's golden age?

And to be technical, Babe Ruth played as a member of the Sox there too.

Babe Ruth did NOT play at Yankee Stadium as a Red Sox player. He was traded to the Yankees in 1920. Yankee Stadium opened in 1923 (hence, "The House that Ruth Built").

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Babe Ruth did NOT play at Yankee Stadium as a Red Sox player. He was traded to the Yankees in 1920. Yankee Stadium opened in 1923 (hence, "The House that Ruth Built").

That's not what I meant. Replace 'there' with 'Fenway'. I was responding to the guy who was talking about yankee players playing in Fenway.

Reaction Score
That's not what I meant. Replace 'there' with 'Fenway'. I was responding to the guy who was talking about yankee players playing in Fenway.

Actually why wouldn't the "golden age" still be in the park across the street that resembles the old one? The place is beautiful and spacious they needed to put a new stadium in the Bronx, doesn't change history.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Actually why wouldn't the "golden age" still be in the park across the street that resembles the old one? The place is beautiful and spacious they needed to put a new stadium in the Bronx, doesn't change history.

Doesn't change history sure. But there's something to be said for sitting in a seat, watching a game and thinking, "man, babe Ruth used to hit balls into those stands. They've been doing it for 100 years". . You really can't find that in any other sport. Sort of like going to a live museum.

Reaction Score
Doesn't change history sure. But there's something to be said for sitting in a seat, watching a game and thinking, "man, babe Ruth used to hit balls into those stands. They've been doing it for 100 years". . You really can't find that in any other sport. Sort of like going to a live museum.

Agree but nothing is forever. Fenway, besides the venue itself, also needs to get blown up.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Agree but nothing is forever. Fenway, besides the venue itself, also needs to get blown up.

Fenway has this odd disorienting factor to it that I've never really been able to put into words. I don't hate it anywhere near as much as I do Wrigley Field, but it's not one of my favorites either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom