OT: Favorite CT restaurants | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite CT restaurants

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It came very highly recommended. Like I said, hope they just had an off day. The manager seemed very embarrassed and was sincere in his apologies.
Sounds like Claudio. He's the best.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Rustica: chester
River tavern: chester

Reaction Score
Rustica: chester
River tavern: chester

Did River Tavern a couple of days ago (couldn't convince my wife to try Otto)... It was pretty good. Was a little bit weirded out by being seated right next to the kitchen and watching our (and others) food just sit there for a while. They really need additional help.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Did River Tavern a couple of days ago (couldn't convince my wife to try Otto)... It was pretty good. Was a little bit weirded out by being seated right next to the kitchen and watching our (and others) food just sit there for a while. They really need additional help.
I like Otto. Great pies and some interesting wines. Their simpler pies are better--I think they try to do too much with some of them.

I know I'm an unabashed Bufalina fan, but because they both are different takes on the same basic idea, I can't help comparing the two. Which always leads me to conclude that simpler is better when you have great ingredients, and at the end of the day it's on that score that I always favor Bufalina overall. But I sure like having Otto to compare and enjoy.

[Sorrynotsorryfor the pizza drift]

Reaction Score
Ludal's in North Haven is always good

Moxie in Madison is good

Not a huge Union League person, like Le Petit in Branford if you want French

Virtually every Max is great, kids and wife have hit Max Burger and like that one too

My favorite steak place is MJ's @ Mohegan, want to try Joseph's in Bridgeport one of these days too

New Haven doesn't get national acclaim as a foodie city, but you can put it up against any comparably sized placed and it would probably beat any. The diversity and $$ of Yale lets them have a little of everything, of course with great pizza & Italian

If you like Ludal's then you will like Dalton's in North Branford. Same owners and I think menus are very similar

Reaction Score
Again for nostalgic value, Corner Grinder on Franklin Ave

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I like Otto. Great pies and some interesting wines. Their simpler pies are better--I think they try to do too much with some of them.

I know I'm an unabashed Bufalina fan, but because they both are different takes on the same basic idea, I can't help comparing the two. Which always leads me to conclude that simpler is better when you have great ingredients, and at the end of the day it's on that score that I always favor Bufalina overall. But I sure like having Otto to compare and enjoy.

There is an awesome new Thai place right below river tavern. Thai riversiside

Reaction Score

I am going to make the trip from Glastonbury to Bufalina based on your effusiveness. I expect big things.

Reaction Score
Mystic Oyster Club. Different menu every night. Treehouse bar outside in the summer

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Have you tried Black Bamboo? Its more of a small take out place but I think its better than Chengdu.
I like both but Black Bamboo is way better value; Chengu nicer setting obviously.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Ivoryton Tavern is good if you like big burgers at a low price.

Reaction Score
I like both but Black Bamboo is way better value; Chengu nicer setting obviously.

Give Taste of China in New Haven on Chapel (btwn Temple and College) a try. Heavy w/ Sichuan/Chengdu dishes but a good variety. Mongolian Beef is very good.

Reaction Score

Yeah I think there might be literally 5 chairs in the whole place. I do give them a lot of credit for having the balls to open directly across the street from a sit down Chinese place that is pretty well established.

Reaction Score

Black Bamboo's homemade dumplings are delicious. And unfortunately way too easy to order and pick up on my usual route home.

Reaction Score
Gabriels in Orange. Best food, reasonable, large portions.
Jimmys in West haven for sea food.
Yes Gabriel's is underrated. The portions are really satisfying. Had a not so great experience and thought the food was just ok at L'Orcio so have never been back. I prefer Adriana's. Have had many good meals at Asiago in Branford. And
Not in CT but was in Narragansett last week and ate at Spain which was exceptional.

Reaction Score
Agave in hartford is not bad for Mex.
Try the Agave Street Taco's. 4 margaritas help

Reaction Score
My favorite food anywhere is prepared by Chef Patty Queen, co-owner of the Cottage Restaurant in Plainville Ct. A very unassuming place, but I find her food divine. Here is a link to a four year old NYT restaurant review. A Review of Cottage Restaurant and Café, in Plainville

They are very good. We just go there so often for lunch at work that I get tired of it. They had a lamb bolognese this past winter that was out of this world.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom