OT: Father's Day gift | The Boneyard

OT: Father's Day gift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My wife doesn't know what to get me (38 years married), as I really don't need anything and when I want something I get it myself. I buy her jewelry, clothes, massages, fine dinners, flowers, etc readily and often. I'm not into that stuff. My kids always get me something cherisable (hey I'm a good actor) but the Mrs. seems intimidated when buying me gifts.

I really don't know what to ask for and she doesn't have a clue what to buy me. I have gift cards that are 3 years old.

What are you guys requesting from kids/spouses so I can give her a bone? Can you help a brother out? I golf, fish, play chess, smoke cigars and all the manly stuff that doesn't require exertion. LOL

Like what tool or gadget is ideal for a present? My dad who is 80 I'm giving him the gift of presence by taking him to see Earth Wind and Fire at Tanglewoods this Saturday. He's also certainly hard to shop for.

I don't want the Mrs to be disappointed or discouraged.

Reaction Score
I requested a lunch at the place of my choosing. Nothing over the top, just good food you can enjoy with the once who are showing you appreciation.

I too smoke, so a box of cigars will never hurt my feelings (Although i've yet to receive any, well or anything for fathers day for that matter). I could use a new torch lighter for my cigars and a fancy cutter or travel case is always nice too. Just some ideas to toss out there.

But lunch/dinner is always a good go to.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Membership to a Cigar lounge. Mickey Blake's/ Owl Shop

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I wan a FitBit Band, they cost over 100.00 unless you get a refurbished one

Reaction Score
A new Brooks bike seat. With springs. For my road bike. Yes I am getting old and don't care if I look weird.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Firearms or power tools. Either way I'm happy.and then when the kids are sleeping well...;)

Reaction Score
As was said a nice lunch is great because you get to spend it together. We don't go out to eat much and I do most of the cooking so I always appreciate that. Maybe somewhere that has some live music?
Since you like to fish how about a good charter trip?

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
My wife doesn't know what to get me (38 years married), as I really don't need anything and when I want something I get it myself. I buy her jewelry, clothes, massages, fine dinners, flowers, etc readily and often. I'm not into that stuff. My kids always get me something cherisable (hey I'm a good actor) but the Mrs. seems intimidated when buying me gifts.

I really don't know what to ask for and she doesn't have a clue what to buy me. I have gift cards that are 3 years old.

What are you guys requesting from kids/spouses so I can give her a bone? Can you help a brother out? I golf, fish, play chess, smoke cigars and all the manly stuff that doesn't require exertion. LOL

Like what tool or gadget is ideal for a present? My dad who is 80 I'm giving him the gift of presence by taking him to see Earth Wind and Fire at Tanglewoods this Saturday. He's also certainly hard to shop for.

My wife tells me I'm not her father, so I get nuttin from her. My kids got me a gas trimmer to replace my last one that recently died. They were getting me a smoker until the trimmer kicked the bucket. I guess paying for 4 years of college for both doesn't entitle me to 2 presents.............ingrates!

Reaction Score
I usually end up picking out my own presents as my wife is clueless on all things man related. Even if I give her a good idea she usually wouldn't be able to pick out the exact thing. A couple of years ago I got myself a nice smoker. This year I ordered myself a nice beverage refrigerator that I'm going to stock with some good beer.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Start a new hobby. I picked up scuba about 7 years ago and am going on a trip to the Galapagos in September with my son so I need almost all new gear. I'm pretty sure there's a Suunto dive computer coming my way!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It seems obvious to me. If you "want to throw her a bone" err ask for a box of condoms. Of course you did mention 38 years and not requiring exertion so maybe season tickets to see the Huskies would be a better idea.

Reaction Score
It seems obvious to me. If you "want to throw her a bone" err ask for a box of condoms. Of course you did mention 38 years and not requiring exertion so maybe season tickets to see the Huskies would be a better idea.
If he's been married 38 years there's a pretty good chance he doesn't need condoms. Unless of course he's planning on cheating on his wife.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

EWF. What a gift. If he doesn't want to go, can I. I saw them last year and so far the best concert to date. I have seen many. Classic Rock ,Country, 50's shows. Great show. Had front row middle seats and was high fiving allover. Right on the stage. It was my birthday. What a day.

Again, if your dad doesn't want to, I can be your dad. I will even call you son!. As far as Fathers Day Gifts for myself my family knows better. Same as you, I don't need anything and if I do I buy it. Like today, came home, people in the pool and a couple of cards on the dining room table. End of story.

Reaction Score
Went to our timeshare in the Berkshires for Saturday night. My daughter cooked us a meal fit for a King. Took it to Tanglewood last night and ate outdoors (both daughters, wife and Dad and my sister). Then went in the hall and saw EW&F, and let me tell you they are great performers and musicians.

Went out to eat for brunch this afternoon. Sure I got the 'regular' clothing gifts, but the gift of family was perfect and to see EW&F was icing on the cake. One of the best FD I have ever had and it was simple. Go figure!

By the way the Mrs. is hell bent on buying me a nice suit (which I will wear about 2 times a year) for father's day when I get back from China in a week. I told her I don't want or need one, but read the Tao thread for the usual results.

Happy Father's Day

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Had lunch with family ay Sy. Clements Castle. And I'm getting a fitbit charge hr.

Reaction Score
Yum....

Attachments

• 20160619_094901.jpg
    20160619_094901.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 53

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Went to our timeshare in the Berkshires for Saturday night. My daughter cooked us a meal fit for a King. Took it to Tanglewood last night and ate outdoors (both daughters, wife and Dad and my sister). Then went in the hall and saw EW&F, and let me tell you they are great performers and musicians. Sure I got the 'regular' clothing gifts, but the gift of family was perfect and to see EW&F was icing on the cake. One of the best FD I have ever had and it was simple. Go figure!
By the way the Mrs. is hell bent on buying me a nice suit (which I will wear about 2 times a year) for father's day when I get back from China in a week.
Happy Father's Day
Earth Wind and Fire is touring China right now?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

How many internal filters have to be missing for a post like this to make it from conception to "Post Reply?" My guess is all of them.

Anywho, I'm bumping this thread next February when you're all grumbling about Valentine's Day being a Hallmark holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom