OT - Fantastic Lies | The Boneyard

OT - Fantastic Lies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pretty compelling 30 for 30 on right now on the Duke lacrosse case. Anybody watching?

Reaction Score
Hard to believe it was ten years ago. What a witch hunt and a real example of the "guilty until proven innocent" culture that we seem to have adopted.

Reaction Score
Isn't that what Pitino said when he was asked about the hookers? I don't remember

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Hard to believe it was ten years ago. What a witch hunt and a real example of the "guilty until proven innocent" culture that we seem to have adopted.

I think above all it was the fault of a terrible DA. I agree that people wanted them to be guilty, and Nifong was trying to appease his black constituency, but it was obvious to most people WAY before Nifong backed off that the kids were innocent.

Btw, I'm sure it's in the doc, but Mangum, the accuser, later killed her boyfriend. Total whack job.

Reaction Score
This Nifong was a total asshat… One day in jail was a total joke for how he mishandled that case (totally criminal what he did)…

And what a great job by the producer/director of this 30 for 30… One of the best I've seen.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think above all it was the fault of a terrible DA. I agree that people wanted them to be guilty, and Nifong was trying to appease his black constituency, but it was obvious to most people WAY before Nifong backed off that the kids were innocent.

Btw, I'm sure it's in the doc, but Mangum, the accuser, later killed her boyfriend. Total whack job.
They did bring it up… She's serving like an 18 year sentence.

Additionally, the Detective (who provided some false information that helped to implicate the 3 lax players) that was on the case left the force in like 2008 & later committed suicide.

Reaction Score

When I saw her giving the most obvious lies about being "100% sure" it was these kids after visibly deliberating for a minute, I was thinking "how did it get this far?" At the end they revealed she later murdered her boyfriend, which was like the cherry on top of the joke the prosecution was.

Reaction Score
The kid who gave that speech is like what you would picture if someone told you to close your eyes and imagine a Duke student.

Reaction Score
Hard to believe how quickly it spiraled out of control, the rush to judgement was deplorable. There was a whole campus of asshats, faculty and students, who proved to be imbecilic scumbags.

Reaction Score
Read Coach Pressler's book. Wilton High School '78.

upload_2016-3-13_23-56-55.png

Reaction Score
The way the Duke administration conducted themselves was beyond despicable and often idiotic as evidenced by how they handled the coaching situation. They force the guy out and have to settle with him financially, then about a year later some admin member makes a public comment about the new coach vs the old coach. This violates the settlement agreement, allows the coach to file suit, and they had to pay him another settlement. Idiots.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Those were some skanky looking strippers. If I was the teammates of the player that booked them and paid them $800, I'd have beaten his ass. I guess 'stripper' is defined as anyone willing to take their clothes off for money, and does not consider their appearance. The one girl that made the accusations was charged with attempted murder on one occasion and is in prison for murdering another boyfriend.

Reaction Score
Just a sad deal all around. Nifong is a scumbag, the cop who fabricated evidence is a scumbag and sadly killed himself, Duke administration looked horrendous, media did their whole pitchfork routine, the stripper is about as sad a person as it gets. Coach Pressler seems like an awesome guy and the three kids who went through the whole ordeal were extremely mature for their ages and handled things as well as you could possibly expect. Cool to see they are helping out with the innocence project to this day.

Reaction Score
I think above all it was the fault of a terrible DA.
This is exactly wrong. Sure, the DA was a necessary part of the injustice that occurred, but it could not have occurred without the vociferous and unyielding support of the following:

A police investigator who had a history of heavy handed dealings with Duke students.

A media that jumped on the story that the DA proposed and ran with it because they were more interested in making money than defending truth.

"Civil Rights" groups and individuals that were happy to support the rush to judgment without consideration of the facts to further their own agendas.

"Women's Groups" that were happy to use the opportunity to promote anti-rape messages at the expense of basic constitutional principles.

There are many, many cautionary notes that can be derived from the whole sordid mess, but "it was all the fault" of the DA is a disastrous conclusion to promote.

The Duke Lacrosse prosecution was the result of a large contingent of our population desiring to attack the perceived rich-white-male-educated-athlete accused, to prosecute an imaginary injustice carried out against a poor-black-female-uneducated-non-athlete.

It's really that simple. The DA failed, the media failed, the civil rights groups failed, and the women's groups failed.

Reaction Score
Two of my sons went to school with Mike, great lacrosse player. Coach Whitten was a 20 win state championship coach. When he retired the team went downhill. Same with the Wilton football team when coach Fuji retired.

Reaction Score
This is exactly wrong. Sure, the DA was a necessary part of the injustice that occurred, but it could not have occurred without the vociferous and unyielding support of the following:

A police investigator who had a history of heavy handed dealings with Duke students.

A media that jumped on the story that the DA proposed and ran with it because they were more interested in making money than defending truth.

"Civil Rights" groups and individuals that were happy to support the rush to judgment without consideration of the facts to further their own agendas.

"Women's Groups" that were happy to use the opportunity to promote anti-rape messages at the expense of basic constitutional principles.

There are many, many cautionary notes that can be derived from the whole sordid mess, but "it was all the fault" of the DA is a disastrous conclusion to promote.

The Duke Lacrosse prosecution was the result of a large contingent of our population desiring to attack the perceived rich-white-male-educated-athlete accused, to prosecute an imaginary injustice carried out against a poor-black-female-uneducated-non-athlete.

It's really that simple. The DA failed, the media failed, the civil rights groups failed, and the women's groups failed.
Sure the groups jumped on the story without waiting for all the info but unfortunately that's part of human nature. Nifong had all the information, knew no crime occurred and still wanted to send these kids to prison for life all based off of his own greed. Nifong was the worst player in the whole sordid deal.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Your disagreement is validation. Thank you.

You started with a flawed premise ("it was all his fault" =/= "it was above all his fault") that basic reading comprehension skills could have prevented.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is it just me or is the lesson of Duke lax and 'ville that is a bad idea to invite strippers to campus?

UConn has Electric Blue.

UConn, doing things the right way.

On a vaguely related note, has this genius ever heard of Google:

11/25/2015
Always a great time here, always get a champagne room when I come, some girls a great in there, some have disappointed so I know who to go with and spend my money on, but always a lot of fun whether you get a lap dance or have the extra cash for the champagne room, you will not be disappointed all together.

Seriously, who'd put this comment with his picture? This is just begging to be attached to a divorce complaint.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Same thing happened to Patrick Kane, only this time the media was more careful to paint them as only allegations, and nothing was proven.

They still dragged his name through the mud.

Then, there is the Virginia Rolling Stone hoax.

I wonder if the stripper was a Duke student if it would have played out differently. The schools are in an impossible spot, so of course they never get it right.

Reaction Score
Sure the groups jumped on the story without waiting for all the info but unfortunately that's part of human nature. Nifong had all the information, knew no crime occurred and still wanted to send these kids to prison for life all based off of his own greed. Nifong was the worst player in the whole sordid deal.
Totally agree…

I think some of it was also pure laziness. Nifong brings the DNA expert that completed the flawed forensics to the pre-trial hearing seemingly without a clue as to why the Defense thought the analysis was flawed (basically Nifong had instructed the DNA expert to exclude any DNA findings that didn't implicate the 3 lax players)…

And the Defense lawyer that basically taught himself how to read & understand the DNA analysis did a phenomenal job of questioning the DNA expert without any prep (the Defense team had no clue that the Judge would allow the DNA expert to be questioned at this hearing)… That lawyer completely turned everything around (including the media) with his spot-on questioning. He was without a doubt the star of the defense team.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Is it just me or is the lesson of Duke lax and 'ville that is a bad idea to invite strippers to campus?

UConn has Electric Blue.

UConn, doing things the right way.

On a vaguely related note, has this genius ever heard of Google:

11/25/2015
Always a great time here, always get a champagne room when I come, some girls a great in there, some have disappointed so I know who to go with and spend my money on, but always a lot of fun whether you get a lap dance or have the extra cash for the champagne room, you will not be disappointed all together.

Seriously, who'd put this comment with his picture? This is just begging to be attached to a divorce complaint.

That was one ugly sentence. The guy is practically illiterate, so I'd hardly expect him to find his way around the internet. I can't imagine he's employed in any capacity that uses his brain, so I don't think he's got to worried about getting fired or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom