OT-Fairfield Cable/ISP | The Boneyard

OT-Fairfield Cable/ISP

Cable provider in Fairfield (all factors considered:Price, quality, reliability, content)

• DirectTV Premium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ATT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Moving to Fairfield from the New Haven area....
I currently have Comcast (and I actually have no real issues) but I believe I am moving to Cablevision/Optimum country. I was house sitting in Bpt a month ago or so and the cable(vision) was SOOO flakey and unreliable I would have never considered getting it, but someone told me they JUST re-did it recently....does anyone have any feedback? No NFL network =BAD...no Uconn games =VERY BAD
I believe there is no NFL network on Cablevision correct?

Does anyone have any info on Direct TV (I am leaning that way, but still need an ISP.) or ATT....
.....looking for some feedback before I lock into any long term agreements.
I will be looking into premium packages/DVRs on 2 TV's (if that influences anyones response)
...also what ISP if I go with DirectTV?

Thank you all as always.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
NFL network just came to Cablevision in the last week.
I *believe* they are still a holdout for ESPN3, though (though this is only an issue when SNY doesn't broadcast the game)

If it were me, I would go DirecTV with Cablevision as an ISP. Best of both worlds, really. The DSL options are lackluster, when compared to Cablevision's excellent product. I would rather have a good ISP all year and sacrifice a game or 2, over having a crap ISP all of the time.

Used to live in Fairfield, so been there on this one.

Reaction Score
I live in lower fairfield county and I have cablevision. Like pep band said they just got NFL network so that isn't a problem. Also, I can't remember the last time I missed a UConn basketball game on TV, and the only football game I remember missing is the Buffalo game from last year when the Mets game was on at the same time.

Reaction Score
Just called Cablevision...They say their Internet alone is about $49.99/mo but I get it for 29.99 for the first year (with a new sigh up) and it will go up after. I then asked about the speed and they said it was 15/mbps(is that right?)....for their 50/mbps it would be $14.95 more per month.....$65.00/month is a little pricy, no?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
You'll get the speediest internet from Cablevision and decent pricing in your first year. If you don't really care about internet speeds, AT&T is probably the best bet. I work from home so I need optimum (I also have boost) and managed to negotiate a lower price with them. It's still big cable, so it's still ... that's why I have a tivo.

Reaction Score
You'll get the speediest internet from Cablevision and decent pricing in your first year. If you don't really care about internet speeds, AT&T is probably the best bet. I work from home so I need optimum (I also have boost) and managed to negotiate a lower price with them. It's still big cable, so it's still ... that's why I have a tivo.
Wish we could take a stab at Verizon FIOS down here in Fairfield County... Cablevision has a nice little monopoly going on here...

Reaction Score
With Cablevision, a week before the one year introductory rate ends, call them and threaten to leave for AT&T, and they will give you a new deal similar to what you had. I just did this recently for the second time. Don't bother dealing with the first person that you talk to; you need the shutoff/discontinuance department. This should do it, but if not, ask for a supervisor.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You can probably negotiate the two years with Cablevision right up front.

You can basically bully the cable companies any time you're bored these days.

Reaction Score
We just moved to trumbull and went from cablevision to ATT. Go with Cablevision. ATT is by far the worst service I've ever had. The service is in and out constantly (internet and TV) and the popular channels are so far apart that after a couple of months, I still have yet to remember more than a handful of channel numbers.

Reaction Score
If it were me, I would go DirecTV with Cablevision as an ISP. Best of both worlds, really. The DSL options are lackluster, when compared to Cablevision's excellent product. I would rather have a good ISP all year and sacrifice a game or 2, over having a crap ISP all of the time.

I went this route.
cablevision wanted $10.95 per dvr (2) plus remote rental, digital card rental, blah blah....with direct tv I get pretty much everything for the same price (plus a free year of sunday ticket).....to bundle with ATT fiber optic internetnI could save $5/mo but ATT wanted a $150.00 set-up fee and $43 for 12mbps and $48 for 18 (plus I HAD to rent their router even though I have one).

....Cablevision has 15mbps for $29.95/mo $0 install fee. And now thanks to helpful boneyard tips i can probably lock in that rate for a while......
Thanks guys.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01