OT: Fair or Foul - Standing up at a game? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Fair or Foul - Standing up at a game?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I've never stood at home. I will lean forward during tense moments and talk to the TV with displeasure, but I've never stood.
By sheer frequency, my new favorite phrase is "What the are you looking at?" which usually follows a bad pass to the other team's D. Number 2 is "That's a bad shot!".

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
So does that mean you think it's decided at the AAC level as opposed to UConn's choice?
I think we are talking about two different things.

I think that general noncontroversial instant replay is at the venue's digression and based on their capability.

It may have changed over the years, but I do not believe plays where the officials have to go to the monitor are not replayed on the big board in order to protect against riling up the crowd and influencing the final call. Refs are human.

That said, refs are human...and so are league commissioners. I don't think there is necessarily a mandate, but the amount of 50/50 calls that have gone against UConn (both at home and away) and the manner in which the officials "interpret" the rules of the game, let alone replay, in games involving UConn seems a bit more than just curious.

So I guess I am saying that Aresco may not be doing anything to discourage poor officiating against a certain NE outlier, who is not long for the conference and may probably affect the $1 Billion contract, held so dear.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
So I guess I am saying that Aresco may not be doing anything to discourage poor officiating against a certain NE outlier, who is not long for the conference and may probably affect the $1 Billion contract, held so dear.
Gotcha and agree with this. I took it a step further in some thread and believed it was an intentional going away present. Lots of mysterious calls against us, though overall the officiating has been bad.

I was specifically wondering who makes the call on whether controversial replays are shown. That's where I want to send my main gripe. I know "Not Mad" doesn't care.

Reaction Score
I once had someone in the 1st row (2nd level) stand the entire game. He said that he paid for these tickets and would do what he wanted. Class act.

Look around - if you are the only one standing you are an .

Reaction Score
UConn's opponents have averaged 19.5 Free Throws per game through 2-19-20...tied with FSU...

Of the AAC teams..Wichita State, Houston, Memphis, and ECU's opponents have more Free Throws than UConn's.

The differences in the conference opponent's Free Throws stat range from leader Tulsa's opponents having 16.2 FT's per game to last place 22.2 for ECU.

Reaction Score
Our seats in Gampel were in the bottom few rows in the end opposite the students. I do get rather emotional and loud. People would call the ushers to tell us to calm down. I told them let's go talk to JC and see if he wants us to calm down. We were the guys that snuck pints of the Captain in. Crazy times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom