OT EU promoting insects as meat substitutes | The Boneyard

OT EU promoting insects as meat substitutes

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

1590268083183.png

Reaction Score
Insect farming is something that can solve world hunger since you can farm far more food per square inch vs plant and animal farming. Insect also can grow much quicker than plants and farm animals.

With ever growing population, we do need plant-based meat substitution and insect farming. It will be good for the climate, and people will have more food to eat.

While concept of eating insect is gross to most people because people here are taught that's gross in America, but that's nothing a little propaganda can't fix. If anything, American government and a Hollywood are excellent at propaganda and brainwashing. You just need some well-known celebrities and popular TV shows to make eating bugs seem normal. After a while, it will just become normal. People just need to get used to it.

Reaction Score
dairy products such as butter can also be made by partially substituting some dairy product with insect fat and people cant taste the difference until it reaches a certain ratio. ~40% insect or something like that

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Eat the bugs you bigots!

Reaction Score
Check the FDA, we are already eating bugs. Peanut butter can have up to a hundred and thirty-six insect fragments in it before the FDA gets in an uproar. I've had the barbecue crickets the cricket bars they're fine not something I'm going to purchase but I just wanted to prepare myself for the apocalypse so I can have a head start

Reaction Score
Check the FDA, we are already eating bugs. Peanut butter can have up to a hundred and thirty-six insect fragments in it before the FDA gets in an uproar. I've had the barbecue crickets the cricket bars they're fine not something I'm going to purchase but I just wanted to prepare myself for the apocalypse so I can have a head start

After a while, everything will taste like chicken. Honestly, if people don't know they are eating bugs, it will just taste like food. People just need to get used to it. With this epidemic upon us, we should all be prepared for multiple sources of food.

Reaction Score
After a while, everything will taste like chicken. Honestly, if people don't know they are eating bugs, it will just taste like food. People just need to get used to it. With this epidemic upon us, we should all be prepared for multiple sources of food.
Nah, I'll keep eating chicken and steak. Bugs don't taste bad but meat is tastier and more filling.

FillTheRent

College football lives in Connecticut
Reaction Score
Now I know why Europeans are getting fed-up with the EU.

The EU tells its citizens that they're fat.

It tells them what to eat, and that the EU is going to stop supporting meat production and consumption.

And it attempts to change European cultures that have been honed over thousands of years. Goodbye Italian prosciutto and salami, German bratwurst, French boeuf and jambon, Greek gyros, and Spanish pollo.

Reaction Score

It tells them what to eat, and that the EU is going to stop supporting meat production and consumption.

And it attempts to change European cultures that have been honed over thousands of years. Goodbye Italian prosciutto and salami, German bratwurst, French boeuf and jambon, Greek gyros, and Spanish pollo.

I'm fed up with subsidizing fat unhealthy Americans.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm fed up with subsidizing fat unhealthy Americans.

Which has far less to do with eating meat than it does junk food, soda and other highly processed garbage.

That said, industrial meat factories are not good for the environment, which, IMHO is where the real danger is. Americans should also learn to eat the entire cow, like Euros and other cultures do.

But... chapuline (grasshopper) tacos are delicious and fried maguay worms are a solid substitute for potato sticks. Those are a good entry point for eating bugs.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yeah, bugs ain't working for me. Washing down woolly bears with three glasses of water is a bit much.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Which has far less to do with eating meat than it does junk food, soda and other highly processed garbage.

That said, industrial meat factories are not good for the environment, which, IMHO is where the real danger is. Americans should also learn to eat the entire cow, like Euros and other cultures do.

But... chapuline (grasshopper) tacos are delicious and fried maguay worms are a solid substitute for potato sticks. Those are a good entry point for eating bugs.
"Gateway bugs."

Reaction Score

This is what the globalists want. They want to tell you what to think, what to to wear, what to eat, how to heat your home, what to drive, how much you are allowed to earn, how many kids you can have, and. These are just for starters. Thank god the majority of Americans won't put up with that b.s.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
I tried to get some insects, primarily crickets, for a dog food that a client and I were developing. The cost was prohibitive, the food would have cost twice as much as a 100% organic, grass-fed beef diet (beef, beef organs, organic veggies, nutrient mix). The test dogs ate it, and did well, but no one wanted to buy it. The supply was also sporadic.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
interesting market there, willing to pay premium for organic dog food and then extend that to "non-meat." It would work in places, but cost control would be key. Curious was filler, non-meat product, more or less some as meat? Pivoting to felines, would insects work there, higher protein demand, etc.? Baghdad by the Bay and LA could support a decent return, they dote on their dogs here.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
interesting market there, willing to pay premium for organic dog food and then extend that to "non-meat." It would work in places, but cost control would be key. Curious was filler, non-meat product, more or less some as meat? Pivoting to felines, would insects work there, higher protein demand, etc.? Baghdad by the Bay and LA could support a decent return, they dote on their dogs here.
We did not try a cat food because cats are too finicky with their food.
Many people who feed organic meat-based dog foods are concerned about the environment, hence their interest in insects. Many of the humans who feed meat (raw or lightly cooked) to their dogs are vegans, but they feed their dogs what is best for the dogs - a canine ancestral-type diet (44% calories from meat-based protein, 50% from fat, 6% from carbs; and mineral rich).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom