OT-Eli | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT-Eli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not saying here but heard it for years "sj" even when he won many Giant "fans" weren't in his corner, he could never win them over.
I'm one of those guys. I like Eli as a person and for being our QB for two Superbowls but never thought he was great. He's a solid QB, who has been clutch in 4th quarters of big games overall but always too INT prone for my liking and now he's looking past his prime.

Reaction Score
I'm one of those guys. I like Eli as a person and for being our QB for two Superbowls but never thought he was great. He's a solid QB, who has been clutch in 4th quarters of big games overall but always too INT prone for my liking and now he's looking past his prime.

I get it. For me he's been excellent in his career. All of his "awful" years have been because the team wasn't good at all. Again rarely a rushing game and while he has had good receivers not too many and when he's had them, he's won. Sounds like everyone else (despite what Pats fans think LOL). Now the offensive line stinks and he does too, a lot is on him I agree this year but he's not made for a crappy line. Let's be honest even Aaron Rogers doesn't look the same anymore, he moves well but he doesn't throw as well. With that time I would've expected a ton more yards.

Anyway they will suck this year and until they rid themselves of Reese this pattern will emerge year after year. Still no name O linemen and no make LBers which we've needed for years now. The jury is still out for McAdoo but so far, the errors and terrible play calling have me believing it's a short stay vacation for him in NJersey.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
McAdoo is what happened - he was a lackluster AC so what made anyone think that this guy was going to be a successful HC?
Reese needs to go
The Mara's need to wake up, get a new GM or sell the team
Yeah Eli is not Eli but the guy has 2 rings - still he is giving games away
They are so painful to watch

Eli played arguably the best ball of his career with McAdoo as the OC.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I wanted Giants to take the Memphis at QB at No.1 last year and was chastised on this board.
Three things are happening with Eli.
One is that he is filthy rich and wants to walk away without a major handicap so he is dumping the ball.
Two is that Reese has done poorly acquiring new players and needs to be replaced.
Three is that Coughlin and Gilbride apparently had a better handle Eli's weaknesses and kept restraints on him.

He had 65 TDs and 28 INTs the last 2 seasons. The last year with Gilbride he had 18 TDs and 27 picks. So, couldn't disagree more with your last point. Second point, agreed. First point, who knows.

Reaction Score
Eli played arguably the best ball of his career with McAdoo as the OC.

McAdoo is awful right now his play calling has been Verducci-esque. Although he FINALLY showed a couple wrinkles in the 2nd half it was too late. Way too many 2nd and 11's and the pressure was full force.

But you're right, he was good with him as OC only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom