OT-Eli | The Boneyard

OT-Eli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone know what is going on with him right now? Looks like he has no confidence, can't hit anyone, and is fumbling every game. Hope this isn't the beginning of his downward trajectory.

Reaction Score
Anyone know what is going on with him right now? Looks like he has no confidence, can't hit anyone, and is fumbling every game. Hope this isn't the beginning of his downward trajectory.
He's just not all that good, always been mistake prone.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
McAdoo is what happened - he was a lackluster AC so what made anyone think that this guy was going to be a successful HC?
Reese needs to go
The Mara's need to wake up, get a new GM or sell the team
Yeah Eli is not Eli but the guy has 2 rings - still he is giving games away
They are so painful to watch

Reaction Score

Its never been this bad not even close with his mistakes he would give you TDS, he looks like Tim Boyle.

Reaction Score
McAdoo is what happened - he was a lackluster AC so what made anyone think that this guy was going to be a successful HC?
Reese needs to go
The Mara's need to wake up, get a new GM or sell the team
Yeah Eli is not Eli but the guy has 2 rings - still he is giving games away
They are so painful to watch

The Mara family let the team rot for nearly 30 years till they hired Tim as the GM then eventually Parcells as HC, could be looking at the same thing.

Reaction Score
Its never been this bad not even close with his mistakes he would give you TDS, he looks like Tim Boyle.
It's a combo of nobody really getting open and Eli not being all that good. The job looks too big for McAdoo, looks very Diaco like.

Reaction Score
It's a combo of nobody really getting open and Eli not being all that good. The job looks too big for McAdoo, looks very Diaco like.

The Giants knew what they were getting into with McAdoo. He's really, really young for an NFL head coach. He's actually 4 years younger than Diaco if you can believe it, and only has 4 years on Eli.

Personally I think Eli has just lost it or he's injured. QB's rarely have a gradual fall from grace. They're great one year and the next they're not.

Reaction Score
I don't care how bad the line has been, Eli looks worse than awful right now. I think it's time to start thinking about getting a QB early in the draft.

Reaction Score
I don't care how bad the line has been, Eli looks worse than awful right now. I think it's time to start thinking about getting a QB early in the draft.

I'm hoping Brad Kaaya drops to the 2nd

Reaction Score

Ive defended Eli in the past his offense has consistently had the ball in good field position, Rodgers isn't even play that well, if Eli were playing just mediocre his team would have a lead or have the game right there for the taking.

Reaction Score
Ive defended Eli in the past his offense has consistently had the ball in good field position, Rodgers isn't even play that well, if Eli were playing just mediocre his team would have a lead or have the game right there for the taking.

I really like Eli, but he's been straight up bad this year.

Reaction Score
I really like Eli, but he's been straight up bad this year.

Bad would be an improvement, he flat out sucks right now its like watching Dave Brown. He's had open receivers, and good field position just awful. Looks like he is rattled, or something mentally not there.

Reaction Score
Defense can't make key stops to save their lives in the fourth, Eli gave it his all to have a 0.0 passer rating, and the running game is again invisible. Looks like another 5-11/6-10 season, exciting times!

Reaction Score
Defense can't make key stops to save their lives in the fourth, Eli gave it his all to have a 0.0 passer rating, and the running game is again invisible. Looks like another 5-11/6-10 season, exciting times!

Please go 2-14, Wade should have been cut last week, this game is on Eli (yes I said it) and Mcadoo.

Reaction Score

Yep can't get the stop on 3rd and 10, can't recover the fumble thats in your grasp thats what bad teams do can't make the play you dont deserve to win.

Reaction Score
In the first Super Bowl he won he threw two balls that should have been picked on the game winning drive. Some times there is a fine line between hero and goat.

Reaction Score
He wasn't good last night at all, woeful to be honest but something is wrong with the whole team and not to see that is blind. His fumble was awful, tuck it in. He did throw behind some people yesterday and missed opportunities. But Eli haters will always be there, they've been there from the start and as Giants fans that's pitiful. You are the same people that hammered him during the 9-7 season he ended up winning a Super Bowl. He certainly seems to potentially have lost some zip but who can tell on a team that's really playing the worst football in the NFL.

They have 3 excellent route running receivers and no one is ever open unlike other teams you what all day. They continue to be happy with 2nd and 11 for some reason which enables the other team to hammer down and put pressure on. The D Line blows as they are lucky they didn't get beat by 40 as Rogers had all the time in the world and made mistakes also. A Giants defense that allows a guy to just stand there for 6-7 seconds and we're all over Eli? I mean that is more embarrassing as a fan of the Giants and being brought up with our fans waving towels, being more amped for the defense on the field. The secondary was really good yesterday and keep them in the game.

Not the same Giants all around, if Lacey didn't get hurt they would have run for 250 yards to top it off.

Yeah the only problem with this team is Eli. :rolleyes:LOL

Reaction Score
He wasn't good last night at all, woeful to be honest but something is wrong with the whole team and not to see that is blind. His fumble was awful, tuck it in. He did throw behind some people yesterday and missed opportunities. But Eli haters will always be there, they've been there from the start and as Giants fans that's pitiful. You are the same people that hammered him during the 9-7 season he ended up winning a Super Bowl. He certainly seems to potentially have lost some zip but who can tell on a team that's really playing the worst football in the NFL.

They have 3 excellent route running receivers and no one is ever open unlike other teams you what all day. They continue to be happy with 2nd and 11 for some reason which enables the other team to hammer down and put pressure on. The D Line blows as they are lucky they didn't get beat by 40 as Rogers had all the time in the world and made mistakes also. A Giants defense that allows a guy to just stand there for 6-7 seconds and we're all over Eli? I mean that is more embarrassing as a fan of the Giants and being brought up with our fans waving towels, being more amped for the defense on the field. The secondary was really good yesterday and keep them in the game.

Not the same Giants all around, if Lacey didn't get hurt they would have run for 250 yards to top it off.

Yeah the only problem with this team is Eli. :rolleyes:LOL
Nobody said Eli is the only problem. The whole team is a mess right now and Eli has sucked this year. They aren't mutually exclusive.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
When you have, if you're lucky, 2 seconds from snap to getting hammered you're going to play like Eli has been playing. I've been a Reese supporter, but for them to not make the OL a priority this offseason is dumbfounding. They have the best group of receivers in the league and they can't use them because Eli is constantly in danger of getting his head popped off by a 350lbs mammoth.

Reaction Score
Nobody said Eli is the only problem. The whole team is a mess right now and Eli has sucked this year. They aren't mutually exclusive.

Not saying here but heard it for years "sj" even when he won many Giant "fans" weren't in his corner, he could never win them over.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I wanted Giants to take the Memphis at QB at No.1 last year and was chastised on this board.
Three things are happening with Eli.
One is that he is filthy rich and wants to walk away without a major handicap so he is dumping the ball.
Two is that Reese has done poorly acquiring new players and needs to be replaced.
Three is that Coughlin and Gilbride apparently had a better handle Eli's weaknesses and kept restraints on him.

Reaction Score
They need to fix the line, Flowers is an embarrassment right now. Seems like every drive there is either a holding call or false start. Eli is not mobile and he's clearly not comfortable in the pocket, which is understandable. Giants have not been able to run the ball in years, play action doesn't work because teams do not respect their run game. Eli flat out sucks right now, he has to own that, but I think the line protection and no run support are big factors. If the Giants refuse to get better on the line, then they need a mobile qb who can get out of the pocket. Eli cannot win with this setup.

I would put my top 5 concern at:
1. Reese - He's terrible, how can you have an older qb and get no line help or sure handed TE to throw to?
2. O-Line/running game - Just bad, bad.
3. Eli - Age, undisclosed injury, no line/running game? Who knows, but he's been bad.
4. Pass Rush - Cannot give qbs 6 seconds to throw, then I have to watch our line give Eli 2. It's a joke.
5. Injuries - Every year

Reaction Score
They need to fix the line, Flowers is an embarrassment right now. Seems like every drive there is either a holding call or false start. Eli is not mobile and he's clearly not comfortable in the pocket, which is understandable. Giants have not been able to run the ball in years, play action doesn't work because teams do not respect their run game. Eli flat out sucks right now, he has to own that, but I think the line protection and no run support are big factors. If the Giants refuse to get better on the line, then they need a mobile qb who can get out of the pocket. Eli cannot win with this setup.

I would put my top 5 concern at:
1. Reese - He's terrible, how can you have an older qb and get no line help or sure handed TE to throw to?
2. O-Line/running game - Just bad, bad.
3. Eli - Age, undisclosed injury, no line/running game? Who knows, but he's been bad.
4. Pass Rush - Cannot give qbs 6 seconds to throw, then I have to watch our line give Eli 2. It's a joke.
5. Injuries - Every year

So spot on from 1-5. The pass rush was so bad I almost started watching the replay's with my fingers over my eyes like a scary movie. Totally embarrassing and I hop they show it over and over to JPP and Olivier because they aren't worth close to what they are getting.

And Eli has been bad, it hit you almost expect him to lose the ball now and that can't happen. The inaccuracy of yesterday and a couple flairs on sideline routes did scare me. May be time and it will be nice job by Reese on the back up thus far. He sucks - should be gone mid year and potentially the staff soon thereafter.

Reaction Score
The Maras are not going to sell unless there's a hostile takeover. Good luck with that.

It's surprising that half of the team was even sold. That was out of family dispute.

Reaction Score
When you have, if you're lucky, 2 seconds from snap to getting hammered you're going to play like Eli has been playing. I've been a Reese supporter, but for them to not make the OL a priority this offseason is dumbfounding. They have the best group of receivers in the league and they can't use them because Eli is constantly in danger of getting his head popped off by a 350lbs mammoth.
This is the crux of the matter. Compare this to Rogers yesterday. Sure he rolls out and is mobile but he could have sat at a table feet up drinking coffee, because he had time to sip and then casually throw to his receivers. No pressure for most of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom