OT: Earl Weaver | The Boneyard

OT: Earl Weaver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was lucky enough to growup in Baltimore during Earl's reign with the Orioles. He and Billy Martin were the two of most entertaining managers of all time.

I wanted to share what is perhaps the most famous of Earl's 92 ejections, and also his now famous Manager's Corner interview recorded with broadcaster as a gag after a flubbed take — unaired but widely circulated since then (and again not safe for work) — he extolled the virtues of one of his long-time benchwarmers:
Terry Crowley is lucky he’s in ——- baseball for . He was released by the Cincinnati Reds, he was released by the ——- ——- Atlanta Braves. We saw that Terry Crowley could sit on his ——- ass for eight innings and enjoy watching a baseball game just like any other fan, and has the ability to get up there and break one open in the ——- ninth.​
Enjoy, RIP Earl Weaver​
Warning,: Don't play these at work.​

Reaction Score
He was a nut, very entertaining. Sad day for baseball, first Earl Weaver and now Stan Musial. They both loved long great lIves.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Standing ovation here on that first video.

Reaction Score
I was lucky enough to growup in Baltimore during Earl's reign with the Orioles. He and Billy Martin were the two of most entertaining managers of all time.

I wanted to share what is perhaps the most famous of Earl's 92 ejections, and also his now famous Manager's Corner interview recorded with broadcaster as a gag after a flubbed take — unaired but widely circulated since then (and again not safe for work) — he extolled the virtues of one of his long-time benchwarmers:
Terry Crowley is lucky he’s in ——- baseball for . He was released by the Cincinnati Reds, he was released by the ——- ——- Atlanta Braves. We saw that Terry Crowley could sit on his ——- ass for eight innings and enjoy watching a baseball game just like any other fan, and has the ability to get up there and break one open in the ——- ninth.​
Enjoy, RIP Earl Weaver​

Too bad he picked the same day as Musial. RIP to both HOFers.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's sad and all, etc., etc.

But, seriously, if you're an athlete, how do you go better than Earl Weaver went?

He's 82, a legend, in the Hall of Fame and he makes a very nice living simply being Earl Weaver. At the end, he's being paid to sail on a beautiful cruise ship in the Caribbean for Orioles' fantasy cruise event - surely, the most famous guy on the boat surrounded by people who idolize him.

And that's how he goes out? If there's a Pearly Gates, there had to be a slow clap when Earl rolled up last night.

Reaction Score

Enjoy, RIP Earl Weaver​

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Are you the Frank I think you are?

Reaction Score
@dogpause: thanks for posting: as a suffering Yankee fan during Weaver's regime, his antics were the highlight to the baseball season ....it was also good to see Ken Kaiser in the background. No one has ever had or will bring that body shape to baseball again. Thanks for the memories....

Reaction Score
Are you the Frank I think you are?
Yes, I think so.....still hanging in there .....lot of great memories huh Fishy....started with 0 NC's back '95 ....now there a three with four in the next couple of years I hope....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom