OT: Dustin Pedroia Game Used Bat | The Boneyard

OT: Dustin Pedroia Game Used Bat

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Hey all,

Trying to clean some stuff out before a move this upcoming spring, and I’m considering selling a game-used bat from Dustin pedroias rookie season. He gave it to me during batting practice and it’s been stored for years. It’s a Louisville slugger M9 with his name laser etched into the barrel, and caked with pine tar around the handle. If anyone’s interested, I just want to see what I could get for it. Bat is all black and has no visible cracks or anything.

Reaction Score
I might be interested. What are you willing to part with it for? Is it signed? PM me if you want

Reaction Score
Who is he?

:oops:

Never really a Yankee killer per-se but I’m sure you’re okay with him retiring.
1,805 hits, four Gold Gloves, three World Series rings, albeit not on the 2018 rooster, but a 51.7 bWAR which is superstar status. Automatic HOF. Knee cartilage growth and replacement is a long ways from being dependable for high level athletes. Dude was money, great attitude with a super sense of humor. One of my favorites ever. The bat is cool but needs to be signed for real $.

Reaction Score
Never really a Yankee killer per-se but I’m sure you’re okay with him retiring.
1,805 hits, four Gold Gloves, three World Series rings, albeit not on the 2018 rooster, but a 51.7 bWAR which is superstar status. Automatic HOF. Knee cartilage growth and replacement is a long ways from being dependable for high level athletes. Dude was money, great attitude with a super sense of humor. One of my favorites ever. The bat is cool but needs to be signed for real $.

Played the game the way it was supposed to be played always respected his game no doubt. Little pissed about his MVP to this day but a really good career.

Reaction Score
What?

I like Pedroia but come on...

No. Question. About. It.
Did you read his stats? Not many players have 4 gold gloves, 3 rings and 51.7 bWAR. What cards you got? I’m all in.

Reaction Score
Played the game the way it was supposed to be played always respected his game no doubt. Little pissed about his MVP to this day but a really good career.

Always hated the guy while at the same time appreciating that he would have been an incredibly beloved Yankee if he was on our side

Reaction Score
No. Question. About. It.
Did you read his stats? Not many players have 4 gold gloves, 3 rings and 51.7 bWAR. What cards you got? I’m all in.

You're kidding right? Won't be for a while if it happens and if Mattingly ain't in he has no right whatsoever. He has 750 RBI, 3 seasons over 80RBI none at 100. He's a .299 hitter so .300 when healthy but nothing crazy. You might be all in but you're losing the first few pots. Again maybe later down the road but not soon at all and there is a lot of questions about it. Really good player but there's a ton of those. The only thing that may win it for him are the rings, and he was part of them I agree.

Reaction Score
No. Question. About. It.
Get out of the bubble, this isn't as bad as the guy who put Yastrzemski at the same level as Mickey Mantle but still...
Screenshot_20190705-182225_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
Plus he had a very good relationship with the press. They adored him and will vote him in immediately. Go run your numbers SJ but you’ll find there aren’t many with those stats let alone his clutch hits, charisma, leadership, etc. AUTOMATIC.

Loved the days with the Cano battles. Two great players. Cano had more power but Pedroia was a better glove.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not a single position player has made the HOF in 70+ years having fewer than 2000 hits but Pedroia will get in with 1805 hits because he has charisma. Got it.

It’s pretty simple. If someone gets to the majors at 2b - they aren’t getting to the HOF because they are too far down the position spectrum and playing 2b takes the life out of you.

Pedroia had a glorious decade - but he hit the wall for two very clear reasons.

(it’s also why you don’t trade for Cano).

Reaction Score
Not a single position player has made the HOF in 70+ years having fewer than 2000 hits but Pedroia will get in with 1805 hits because he has charisma. Got it.

Okay, he’s borderline because of his knee injury that will undoubtedly cause him to retire earlier than most. Probably a good chance he still makes it.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom