OT: Dumb, Dumber and the NBA | The Boneyard

OT: Dumb, Dumber and the NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All the orphans he feeds, ill he visits in the hospital, money he donates, make a wish kids he meets..... I will judge him by this disrespectful act. What a jerk.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It was thoughtless and disrespectful. I do think the guy's a jerk anyway, but if he does all the things reno tony suggested, I think it's less of a testament on him as a whole, and more a rude and inconsiderate act. He will know better next time...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It was thoughtless and disrespectful. I do think the guy's a jerk anyway, but if he does all the things reno tony suggested, I think it's less of a testament on him as a whole, and more a rude and inconsiderate act. He will know better next time...

You give him too much credit. Those "good works", and they are, are just tax planning and brand building for some. When he pulls a caper like that he's on dop-e or showing you the real guy - the mask slipped.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
So... cause he fumbled all the good work is useless. People are so full of themselves but can't see it cause they busy looking at Wade's behavior. Of course it doesn't help that it's the NBA. I'm sure you walked, talked etc during our anthem, let's wipe out all your good deeds

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So... cause he fumbled all the good work is useless. People are so full of themselves but can't see it cause they busy looking at Wade's behavior. Of course it doesn't help that it's the NBA. I'm sure you walked, talked etc during our anthem, let's wipe out all your good deeds
No, I haven't.

Just because he has some worthy causes, doesn't mean what he did here isn't rude. You would have to have blinders on to not think so. Take the wool off your head there.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
No, I haven't.

Just because he has some worthy causes, doesn't mean what he did here isn't rude. You would have to have blinders on to not think so. Take the wool off your head there.
Someone said all he has done doesn't mean anything because of this... really? cut da ****
Wade apologized gave his excuse etc. I'm sure you guys want him suspended , fined and all his endorsements taken away as well

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Someone said all he has done doesn't mean anything because of this... really? cut da ****
No one said that.

Wade apologized gave his excuse etc. I'm sure you guys want him suspended , fined and all his endorsements taken away as well
That's fine. Doesn't mean what he did wasn't rude. Can't believe you are defending what he did. No, wait, yes I can.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
yes he apologized

You sure about that Roundball.

"It's something that I do before every game that I prepare for, and I've been doing it my whole career," said the Heat's star guard. "So I understand whatever is said from that standpoint, but I'm not a disrespectful person. So if anybody thinks I'm being disrespectful towards a country, then they have no idea of who Dwyane Wade is."

"It was no disrespect from myself or Amar'e or anybody," Wade said. "And if anybody feels like it was, please don't fill up my timeline with disrespectful comments because that's not this guy right here. Find somebody else for that. But we'll adjust our pregame routine for the next game."

Referring to himself in the third person and in your face to a fault. Some apology. Let's at least admit it when a guy is a jerk and can't apologize because that is who he is. An elite athlete who has had his anatomy kissed his whole life.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The NBA didn't make him dumb or dumber. Somewhere in his upbringing there was a gap. This was most unfortunate and now we should hope that his contrition is real. I'm disappointed now but willing and eager to forgive. I hope others share my view.

Reaction Score
Prior to this incident,what had D-Wade done to be labeled a jerk?Why the accusation of being a doper? Those kind of statement tells me only a Jerk or someone on Drugs would make a statement like that.This man has one of the Cleanest reputations in Professional Sports.That's why he is Highlighted on so many Commercials.Seems like the truth about some of you is coming out.D-Wade provide the same public endeavors to kids and the poor in Miami and Chicago that Catchings provide in various cities.They receive nothing for their Charitable endeavors.Both have received Honors for their Community Services,now we have some ....... Basketball advocates degrading this man. [politics deleted]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Prior to this incident,what had D-Wade done to be labeled a jerk?Why the accusation of being a doper? Those kind of statement tells me only a Jerk or someone on Drugs would make a statement like that.This man has one of the Cleanest reputations in Professional Sports.That's why he is Highlighted on so many Commercials.Seems like the truth about some of you is coming out.D-Wade provide the same public endeavors to kids and the poor in Miami and Chicago that Catchings provide in various cities.They receive nothing for their Charitable endeavors.Both have received Honors for their Community Services,now we have some .. Basketball advocates degrading this man. [politics deleted]
I labeled him a jerk because of his actions during the Canadian Anthem. You can watch the attached video of the incident and determine for yourself if it meets the level you have for someone to be called a jerk. Some people, like me, sometimes will judge someone for one simple act during their life. Hopefully most people aren't like that, but that is how I am. If he had come out and said what he did was a completely disrespectful thing to do to his friends to the north and "I am embarrassed for being such a jerk". I was so focused on practicing those 5 or so shots that "I didn't realize I was being such a jerk". By not accepting responsibility for his actions...... he's a jerk. He even tries to bring someone else in to the mix to deflect blame from himself.... what a jerk for a friend. I'm surprised he didn't blame the singer for interrupting his practice..... such a jerk. I'm done.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wrong Yes, I would say a dumb mistake and yes he apologized. Hope none of the unforgiving live in glass houses.
Some things are mistakes--then there those who just don't care
He's been called a "JERK" here---I think the term is much too kind.
But if he fills his free time caring for others with his time and or his money--I'd temper my remarks--yet is is much more than RUDE..

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
What Wade did was disrespectful. He did not apologize to the people he disrespected. Actually, he didn't apologize to anyone. He just issued a statement that made it all about him. I agree with Kib. There was something missing in his upbringing.

Everyone knows that just one "aw " can cancel out a dozen "atta boys." He doesn't get a pass on this just because he does good things in his community.

Reaction Score
Prior to this incident,what had D-Wade done to be labeled a jerk?Why the accusation of being a doper? Those kind of statement tells me only a Jerk or someone on Drugs would make a statement like that.This man has one of the Cleanest reputations in Professional Sports.That's why he is Highlighted on so many Commercials.Seems like the truth about some of you is coming out.D-Wade provide the same public endeavors to kids and the poor in Miami and Chicago that Catchings provide in various cities.They receive nothing for their Charitable endeavors.Both have received Honors for their Community Services,now we have some .. Basketball advocates degrading this man. [politics deleted]

The Flag of the USA and the Flag of Canada represents all the people of those countries. In addition, it represents to those that wore the uniforms of Canada or the USA the emblem that represents everything they fought to protect. His act of punching a puck during the National Anthem--is beyond a jerk. The apology helped but the mindset that allowed him to do it is disturbing. His good work are a plus. Hopefully all will think before degrading the Anthem of any country. Sveta stood at attention during our Anthem with respect--I in turn respected her for doing it.

Reaction Score
What Wade did was disrespectful. He did not apologize to the people he disrespected. Actually, he didn't apologize to anyone. He just issued a statement that made it all about him. I agree with Kib. There was something missing in his upbringing.

Everyone knows that just one "aw " can cancel out a dozen "atta boys." He doesn't get a pass on this just because he does good things in his community.
As someone of both heritages and strong relative ties to Canada--I felt disrespected by his actions--jerk does not describe what he did--and I've been taught that one Aw-S-it wipes out ALL at'a boys, and it usually did. But I must at least acknowledge his good works--for what ever reason he may do them..

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Oh please. I'm sorry, but folks are way too carried away.

It was wrong, it was rude, he behaved as a "jerk" and it was very disrespectful. His apology wasn't much. All true.

But I can't judge the person on this one event. Does he disrespect the Canadian and other anthems / flags at other events? Does he act like a rude self absorbed jerk all the time? One screw-up, whatever the reason, doesn't make him a bad person.

In the same way, just because he (or anyone) does some good deeds doesn't make them a good person. Lots of bad folks have done a good deed or two. An old friend used to always use a line like "Dillinger was a nice guy, too".

This is the world we live in. Quick to judge. Sorry, on a list of issues, this one just isn't all that important.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
No, I haven't.

Doing a rude act or being inconsiderate doesn't make him, you or me a jerk. If each of us were judged by the crass or unfeeling acts we each have amassed during our lives we would all be jailed by the social correctness jackbooters. Yes this act was callous, and I'm sure he regrets doing it. And yes, I certainly wouldn't do or condone it. And yes, I love this country to death. Yes I would give my life for it, and respect the lives lost to defend the flags of both of our countries. Yet, the next time I see someone laughing, joking during or ignoring the playing of the American national anthem shall I then believe their entire lives defined by that act? I presume to know no ones true character and hopefully each of us are defined not by a singular deed, but by the preponderance of our acts.

Reaction Score

Count on you to take the high road!! Certainly this was Thought less, how disrespectful is in the minds of those present just plain Canadians. While I don't entirely agree with you--I definitely respect this opinion. I agree too with ---The NEXT time in Canada or here--he won't get off with a written apology. Yet, truly honest "good deeds" have got to account for something.

Reaction Score
Oh please. I'm sorry, but folks are way too carried away.

It was wrong, it was rude, he behaved as a "jerk" and it was very disrespectful. His apology wasn't much. All true.

But I can't judge the person on this one event. Does he disrespect the Canadian and other anthems / flags at other events? Does he act like a rude self absorbed jerk all the time? One screw-up, whatever the reason, doesn't make him a bad person.

In the same way, just because he (or anyone) does some good deeds doesn't make them a good person. Lots of bad folks have done a good deed or two. An old friend used to always use a line like "Dillinger was a nice guy, too".

This is the world we live in. Quick to judge. Sorry, on a list of issues, this one just isn't all that important.
Knight---In normal activities when National symbols are not being raised and honored what you say is true. When you dishonor my anthem or flag--you dishonor me, my country, my beliefs. It is impossible to believe he didn't know what was happening at that moment.
Your Paragraph on Dillinger is true--even many liked hitler. I have found that often times people like aura-image-public personality of even nasty people. A famous comedian knocked me down in Manhattan and said "get out of the way sailor". I never forgave him--overly rude, self absorbed!
What makes one a Jerk or rottenly rude (separate issues)??

Reaction Score
The NBA didn't make him dumb or dumber. Somewhere in his upbringing there was a gap. This was most unfortunate and now we should hope that his contrition is real. I'm disappointed now but willing and eager to forgive. I hope others share my view.
The gap was probably a lack of military service--those who served tend to have a strong feeling about the flag or the anthem. \
I shall allow future opportunities for his character to determine forgiveness. I will acknowledge his previous good works---show me what you did for them today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom