OT: Dumb, Dumber and the NBA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Dumb, Dumber and the NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The gap was probably a lack of military service--those who served tend to have a strong feeling about the flag or the anthem.

Ridiculous. The percentage of our American population who have served is exceedingly small. The percentage that have strong feelings about Old Glory and our (or other) National Anthem(s) is gratifyingly very high. Yes, the guy screwed up. Let's march along.

Reaction Score
You give him too much credit. Those "good works", and they are, are just tax planning and brand building for some. When he pulls a caper like that he's on dop-e or showing you the real guy - the mask slipped.
How could one not agree????;)

No, I haven't....
Just because he has some worthy causes, doesn't mean what he did here isn't rude. You would have to have blinders on to not think so. Take the wool off your head there.
Some folks get it! ;)

Wrong Yes, I would say a dumb mistake and yes he apologized. Hope none of the unforgiving live in glass houses.
Only the millionaires can afford glass houses. The rest of us mere mortals can only sit back and comment on their ignorance of respect. ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Doing a rude act or being inconsiderate doesn't make him, you or me a jerk. If each of us were judged by the crass or unfeeling acts we each have amassed during our lives we would all be jailed by the social correctness jackbooters. Yes this act was callous, and I'm sure he regrets doing it. And yes, I certainly wouldn't do or condone it. And yes, I love this country to death. Yes I would give my life for it, and respect the lives lost to defend the flags of both of our countries. Yet, the next time I see someone laughing, joking during or ignoring the playing of the American national anthem shall I then believe their entire lives defined by that act? I presume to know no ones true character and hopefully each of us are defined not by a singular deed, but by the preponderance of our acts.
Not sure why you quoted me. Nothing of what you posted pertained to anything I posted. I said he was rude for what he did. I didn't say he was a jerk, I didn't say he was a bad person.

And, if what others have posted as his "apology" are accurate, I would say, no he does not regret doing it.

Reaction Score
For those interested, the apology starts about the 26 second mark.

Reaction Score
Prior to this incident,what had D-Wade done to be labeled a jerk?Why the accusation of being a doper? Those kind of statement tells me only a Jerk or someone on Drugs would make a statement like that.This man has one of the Cleanest reputations in Professional Sports.That's why he is Highlighted on so many Commercials.Seems like the truth about some of you is coming out.D-Wade provide the same public endeavors to kids and the poor in Miami and Chicago that Catchings provide in various cities.They receive nothing for their Charitable endeavors.Both have received Honors for their Community Services,now we have some .. Basketball advocates degrading this man. [politics deleted]
Did he not just father a child because of unprotected sex ?

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Isn't that the only way to father a child?

Fathering the child is not the issue - supporting the child is. From what I have read about Wade he is very responsible when it comes to his children.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No, I haven't.

Just because he has some worthy causes, doesn't mean what he did here isn't rude. You would have to have blinders on to not think so. Take the wool off your head there.

This post by @DaddyChoc which you responded to:

So... cause he fumbled all the good work is useless. People are so full of themselves but can't see it cause they busy looking at Wade's behavior. Of course it doesn't help that it's the NBA. I'm sure you walked, talked etc during our anthem, let's wipe out all your good deeds

Was in response to this post (responding to @ericsandiego) which is, by any measure, stated in poor judgement:

You give him too much credit. Those "good works", and they are, are just tax planning and brand building for some. When he pulls a caper like that he's on dop-e or showing you the real guy - the mask slipped.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
??????
You took issue with DaddyChoc earlier in this thread because you thought he was defending Wade's rudeness. He wasn't. He was responding to RockyMTblue2 ridiculous statement.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You took issue with DaddyChoc earlier in this thread because you thought he was defending Wade's rudeness. He wasn't. He was responding to RockyMTblue2 ridiculous statement.
Actually, yes he was, but that still didn't have anything to do with what Jordy said or why he would quote me.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Actually, yes he was, but that still didn't have anything to do with what Jordy said or why he would quote me.
Clear on one issue. Not sure about Jordy.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Not sure why you quoted me. Nothing of what you posted pertained to anything I posted. I said he was rude for what he did. I didn't say he was a jerk, I didn't say he was a bad person.

And, if what others have posted as his "apology" are accurate, I would say, no he does not regret doing it.
In reality I made a mistake and quoted the wrong person. I apologize. In my defense my mistake quotient tends to rise after 12 am. And yes, it is hard to rise above all the time.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I labeled him a jerk because of his actions during the Canadian Anthem. You can watch the attached video of the incident and determine for yourself if it meets the level you have for someone to be called a jerk. Some people, like me, sometimes will judge someone for one simple act during their life. Hopefully most people aren't like that, but that is how I am. If he had come out and said what he did was a completely disrespectful thing to do to his friends to the north and "I am embarrassed for being such a jerk". I was so focused on practicing those 5 or so shots that "I didn't realize I was being such a jerk". By not accepting responsibility for his actions. he's a jerk. He even tries to bring someone else in to the mix to deflect blame from himself.... what a jerk for a friend. I'm surprised he didn't blame the singer for interrupting his practice..... such a jerk. I'm done.

who was the Raptors player that was turning around and mumbling as the kid was singing... while others head their ground with heads down.?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
In reality I made a mistake and quoted the wrong person. I apologize. In my defense my mistake quotient tends to rise after 12 am. And yes, it is hard to rise above all the time.
No problem, just wondered if I was missing something.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Ah, but he was wrong.
I wasn't wrong. The only mistake DaddyChoc made was not quoting Rockies post. You, it turns out, were incorrect thinking he was replying to everyone preceding him ( which included you) as opposed to that post.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I wasn't wrong. The only mistake DaddyChoc made was not quoting Rockies post. You, it turns out, were incorrect thinking he was replying to everyone preceding him ( which included you) as opposed to that post.
No, you were wrong. The mistake DaddyChoc made was defending Wade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom