OT - Duke Freshman opts out | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Duke Freshman opts out

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
keep pushin' your narrative, brother. we'll see.
I hope Bouk comes back. Would love to see us with him. But it's not up to us, and it's definitely not OK for us to hold it against him.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I hope Bouk comes back. Would love to see us with him. But it's not up to us, and it's definitely not OK for us to hold it against him.
in Bouk's case i think there is no "it". so the suggestion pisses me off. last you'll hear from me on this. but you can keep bringing it up.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
in Bouk's case i think there is no "it". so the suggestion pisses me off. last you'll hear from me on this. but you can keep bringing it up.
You're too easily pissed off. What do you even mean that there's no "it?"

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
You're too easily pissed off. What do you even mean that there's no "it?"
from your quote "But it's not up to us, and it's definitely not OK for us to hold it against him." You've been on the - he's going to bail in favor of a better draft pick, he never plays for UConn again cause it's only about money, he's given in to his "people" - story line for weeks. and yeah, that pisses me off because i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If I was a player that had already moved on mentally, I'm not sure why I would stay with a team considering all the strict guidelines in place because of Corona. That's the biggest reason I never thought Bouk was done here, why would he submit to regular COVID testing and even travel with the team if he was done playing here?

Bouk has always been incredibly engaged on the bench, and he's even been practicing for a good bit now. I'm not sure why anybody is still floating the idea that he is done playing for UConn. He's awfully committed to a team that he's supposedly done playing for.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
from your quote "But it's not up to us, and it's definitely not OK for us to hold it against him." You've been on the - he's going to bail in favor of a better draft pick, he never plays for UConn again cause it's only about money, he's given in to his "people" - story line for weeks. and yeah, that pisses me off because i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
I’ve never been all aboard and completely sold on the fact that Bouk is leaving post-injury. I mentioned thats it’s a possibility snd that it wouldn’t surprise me. It’s looking like he’s going to come back, which I love. However, if he were to hold out for draft prospects - also known as a job, his real life and future - its not right for anyone here to whine and complain or hold it against him. That fair. These kids are basically forced to do at least a year of college ball anyways. That’s ridiculous.

Reaction Score
That's a strange takeaway considering they aren't being paid.

They took a scholarship. They took a scholarship someone else could have had, and they had their teammates and coaches count on them instead of someone willing to honor the deal you make when you take a scholarship.

Do I think not paying high major players is right? No, I don’t. But your remedy is to go overseas or go to the G League or whatever we’re calling it. It’s not to make a commitment, take something for it and not honor it.,

Reaction Score
I’m of the opinion that they don’t owe us, as fans, anything. As much as we may not like their decisions, it’s their life and their livelihoods they need to be considering and it’s easy for a bunch of couch potatoes to criticize.

That said, I DO believe they owe something to their teammates and their coaches, all of whom helped put them in the position they are in.

Reaction Score
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Unless you are not that tough, then you give up and quit. If I was an NBA GM I would be a little hesitant to draft someone who quit on his teamates and coaches when the going got tough.

Reaction Score
This is not surprising for a team, program, coach who has adopted the one and done model for aspiring NBA players.

When you take something innocent/pure in theory college sports and defile it by making it an unofficial training camp for the majors, this is what inevitably occurs: DEGRADATION.

Money, greed, and selfishness corrupts the masses. When you have a rat like K promoting such model what else do you expect.

PS: The one thing the NCAA had correctly determined was refusing to pay college athletes. Once they buckled and now making changes to allow players to directly profit while in school, the cat has been let out of the bag. Big mistake.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Clarke did the exact same thing but claimed it was due a season ending sprained ankle(I’m not kidding) while telling NBA front office people he was opting out. This is the modern era of college bb. If a player who’s projected to be drafted’s people don’t like the way the player is being used or are afraid of the player getting injured they just have the player quit.

Reaction Score
Clarke did the exact same thing but claimed it was due a season ending sprained ankle(I’m not kidding) while telling NBA front office people he was opting out. This is the modern era of college bb. If a player who’s projected to be drafted’s people don’t like the way the player is being used or are afraid of the player getting injured they just have the player quit.

I think Clarke was run off the team by the fraudster Calpari. But Johnny boy shed some tears over it, god bless him.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I’ve never been all aboard and completely sold on the fact that Bouk is leaving post-injury. I mentioned thats it’s a possibility snd that it wouldn’t surprise me. It’s looking like he’s going to come back, which I love. However, if he were to hold out for draft prospects - also known as a job, his real life and future - its not right for anyone here to whine and complain or hold it against him. That fair. These kids are basically forced to do at least a year of college ball anyways. That’s ridiculous.
I would say yes. That’s a wrap. He’s a guaranteed draft pick. Unreal.

Reaction Score
They took a scholarship. They took a scholarship someone else could have had, and they had their teammates and coaches count on them instead of someone willing to honor the deal you make when you take a scholarship.

Do I think not paying high major players is right? No, I don’t. But your remedy is to go overseas or go to the G League or whatever we’re calling it. It’s not to make a commitment, take something for it and not honor it.,
I'm not a fan of kids cutting out on their teammates during the season for the NBA but it's weird you think you can glean how people would treat their jobs/last two weeks based on their posts in this thread.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom