OT:Drunk kid wants his Mac and cheese at the Union | Page 14 | The Boneyard

OT:Drunk kid wants his Mac and cheese at the Union

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If it is the district that I think it is, it has enormous inefficiencies that result in 3 of the the towns subsidizing the 4th town to the tune of $6 to 8 million a year. NJ regional schools frequently have enormous funding issues, due to a series of factors. If you are curious PM me and I can discuss it in more detail. Since it is an NJ issue, it would be a very boring hijack of the thread.

We only have 3 towns in my district. Each town has its own K-8 schools and then 4th school district is the high school (9-12).

Reaction Score
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not actually saying he shouldn't be able to work or live his life because of the video.
I'm obviously being sarcastic - he shouldn't suffer for the rest of his life because of his actions as a 19-year old. But make no mistake about it, he's not a good person. He got arrested at UMass for assaulting a cop and calling another one the n-word. He then gets a second chance at a better school and berates a restaurant manager, who showed infinite patience in dealing with his entitled ass. I would've probably lost my cool and thrown the kid to the ground myself.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to accept his contrived apology from his parent's couch (I can basically see his dad in the background directing the entire thing) as a sign that he's actually trying to better himself. It's barely a week later and this is nothing but a desperate attempt at damage control.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not actually saying he shouldn't be able to work or live his life because of the video.
I think he's saying it's going to be very difficult to find employment. Anyone hiring someone is going to google the name and when you have a few million youtube views, it's gonna float to the top. And then that employer says:

NEXT

Reaction Score
I don't understand the "parent's couch" thing. People in the youtube comments are saying stuff like that too. As if he's in some palatial room. It could be a crummy hotel room for all we can see.

Yeah, he's an , I don't think anyone ever suggested otherwise. But at this point it's just outrage p0rn for some people.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Whatever he is, he's young. That's what really sticks out to me.

People can change. They usually don't, but they can if they really want to. Having a traumatic experience often helps.

I hope the kid uses this one to turn it around.

Yep. And actions mean so much more than words. He talked the talk. Hopefully he walks the walk.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
David 76 said:
Yep. And actions mean so much more than words. He talked the talk. Hopefully he walks the walk.
Well if this internet lashing didn't humble him I think the only thing that could is sharing a cell with Wolfgang Cutler ( gratuitous OZ reference)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He's still a kid and he has time to straighten his act out.

When he said, "that's not what I'm about", I hope he realizes that based on three arrests, that is exactly what he's about right now. Fix that, fix the drinking, stop being a punk and stop getting expelled - that's the order of things. F--- it, join the Army.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
We only have 3 towns in my district. Each town has its own K-8 schools and then 4th school district is the high school (9-12).
Okay, I guessed wrong then.

Reaction Score
You have to wonder what his reaction would've been if one of his friends recorded the video and he actually had taken one of his 15 chances to just leave. The next day I guarantee he would've been laughing at himself and his hilarious drunk night. Basically I think he's only "sorry" because he got in trouble.

Kid clearly has problems. The internet is a scary thing when it turns against you, so hopefully this whole $hitshow is enough to give him a wakeup call. I really do hope he can get back to his life sometime soon, and I hope he's learned that you just can't treat people like that. But the kid seriously just strikes me as a sociopath with an Eddie Haskell mask. His problem is the mask falls off when he's had a few beers.

Reaction Score
Any alcoholic (or borderline) can change and make excellent contributions to society.

My 'non educated' grandmother used to always say to me when addressing family members, especially children with problems" "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater".

In other words, keep the baby (give them a chance) after the dirty environment (drugs, booze, partying, etc.) is removed, you just may like what's left. But certainly get rid of the dirty water.

Amazing the wisdom that seniors, without book knowledge, have.

Reaction Score
Everyone should imagine themselves at 19, next put your most intoxicated experience at that age on video and send it out to the world. Anything embarrassing or lawbreaking? Let's hear some stories.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Everyone should imagine themselves at 19, next put your most intoxicated experience at that age on video and send it out to the world. Anything embarrassing or lawbreaking? Let's hear some stories.
You put this challenge out there as if this is the only documented case. Gatti already has multiple arrests and was expelled from a different school. UConn was his second chance. He blew it on his own accord. If he wants a third, fine, but third chances are earned and their is usually a high bar.

Reaction Score
He should have stayed underground for a while... I'm a little skeptical that he's into keeping his name viral, and I cant blame the kid for exploring whether he can make money being a paid moron on reality TV shows here and there. It's too soon to come out with the 'this was an eye opener, I'm going to change my life' video. Like the viral husband surprising wife with pregnancy couple that flew to close to the sun on wings of pastrami, he should have just stayed in working on improving himself for longer than like a week...

Reaction Score
Any apology video is going to get a tiny fraction of the views the original gets. Why not make your apology when people still have the video fresh on their mind? As far as I'm concerned, he only needs to have sobered up to be able to apologize coherently. If he waited months or something, he'd get even fewer views on the apology.

And people would accuse him of trying to "stay viral" or something if he did it later too. He's in a no-win situation no matter what. It's a no-win situation he created for himself, but let's not act like there's some best course of action that would actually win people over.

Reaction Score
I don't think it will challenge Maker's Muppet, but this thread has legs.

Kid's video apology seemed scripted and insincere.

One thing that's not getting much chatter is the thought that this kid might be an alcoholic. Not trying to minimize what he did, but was he drinking prior to his two other arrests?

I know many people who are wonderful people - except when they drink.

Conversely, I know a handful of people who I don't hang out with unless they're at least 2 drinks down.

Reaction Score
I don't think it will challenge Maker's Muppet, but this thread has legs.

Kid's video apology seemed scripted and insincere.

One thing that's not getting much chatter is the thought that this kid might be an alcoholic. Not trying to minimize what he did, but was he drinking prior to his two other arrests?

I know many people who are wonderful people - except when they drink.

Conversely, I know a handful of people who I don't hang out with unless they're at least 2 drinks down.

I think everyone knows he could very well be an alcoholic but that's only an assumption based on 3 things in 2 years. Now the pattern is most definitely there I would say but it also could be as you say with some you know, just a real crappy drinker who can't hold his booze. We all know someone like this and it is not always a person who is an alcoholic, or so it would seem.

Just hope he figures it out now while he has the chance, before he hurts himself, his family or someone else.

Reaction Score
I plead the fifth, and have dropped my stones years ago.

Reaction Score
Any apology video is going to get a tiny fraction of the views the original gets. Why not make your apology when people still have the video fresh on their mind? As far as I'm concerned, he only needs to have sobered up to be able to apologize coherently. If he waited months or something, he'd get even fewer views on the apology.

And people would accuse him of trying to "stay viral" or something if he did it later too. He's in a no-win situation no matter what. It's a no-win situation he created for himself, but let's not act like there's some best course of action that would actually win people over.

You're saying people would accuse him of trying to 'stay viral' but then you also say he was right to post it quick because "if he waited months or something, he'd get even fewer views on the apology"...
he would only be worried about the amount of views his apology video got if he was worried about staying viral... If he stayed quiet, he could be forgotten in this viral world because rest assured by shortly after the end of the world series, there will be someone else or a dozen someone elses famous on the internet for making drunken asses of themselves. The world wasn't hanging on for a glimmer of hope that Lukey had the drive to change his life, I think we're the only ones who are still talking about him really

Please don't think I'm attacking you, because I've seen a lot of little tiffs get blown out of proportion on here lately, just giving my 2 cents on the waiting/apologizing too soon, I don't have anything against you and I don't think you're a jerk or anything

Reaction Score
I'm saying that you accused him of wanting to stay viral now, and people would accuse him of wanting to stay viral later if he did it later. There's no winning, so why not just do it when people actually remember why you're apologizing.

Why does it matter? Because if you apologize when you've been forgotten, the apology will be buried even farther below the negative results.

Exploiting virality here isn't simply about trying to get famous.

Even if the general public forgets, Google doesn't. And that's what he should be aiming to mitigate.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You put this challenge out there as if this is the only documented case. Gatti already has multiple arrests and was expelled from a different school. UConn was his second chance. He blew it on his own accord. If he wants a third, fine, but third chances are earned and their is usually a high bar.

UCONN was his third. UMASS gave him a second chance without expulsion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom