OT: Do u play Fortnite? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Do u play Fortnite?

Reaction Score
H1Z1 is my true love. Hate pubg.
How do you like it? It’s every man for themselves against zombies as well, right? Are there team aspects?

Anyone tried ARK: Survival Evolved?

Edit: actually the zombie part that I was thinking of must be from DayZ.

Reaction Score
We talk food all the time. I have never seen a thread about video games in 10 years. That's the point. Nice try.

A lot of people also play video games, believe it or not. It's a $23 billion dollar industry.

Reaction Score
I would get too addicted if i had a game like that so its better off i dont have a system or computer fast enough to run it.

Reaction Score
H1Z1 is another battle royal PC game. You vs 170 other people. You can also play teams of 2 and teams of 5. H1Z1 is dying. Way less players now. The game is now free. I have over 1000 hours played ( what a loser!).

There is another version called H1Z1 Just Survive. That is you vs the environment and zombies. Need to hunt for food, etc.

Reaction Score
A lot of people also play video games, believe it or not. It's a $23 billion dollar industry.

Yes I do believe it. I mentioned in my post that I do play Fortnite. More hours than I'd like to admit. Not only is it a lot of fun and addicting, I have kept in much better touch with college buddies. There is no way in hell I am going to have a chat on the phone with an old friend for 3 hours, but 3 hours on Fortnite is easy.

I am simply shocked by how big this game has gotten. Popular enough that it is being talked about on the Boneyard, a place that never talks about video games probably because of the demographic. Like I said, Fortnite is a lot of fun but there are a lot of really fun games but I am quite sure I will never see a thread on the Men's Board about Overwatch or PUBG. I heard the two clerks behind the deli talking about Fortnite on Sunday. 2 of my co-workers were having a conversation about the game today. The UMBC players shouted out Fortnite in the post-game interview. They were talking about it on Pardon My Take.

I think the free aspect is huge, as is the fact that the rebooting time is super quick and that you can actually have a lot of fun without being good. There are definitely games where I will hop online and the learning curve will be so steep that I give up.

Reaction Score
Addicting, frustrating game that you spend more time running around then ever seeing anyone.

Highest finish I've had is 4th with maybe 3 kills. I've played many of games where ill finish top 10 with no kills and never seeing anyone. The building is cool and lame at the same time. Give me COD any day over fortnite.

I can understand the umbc player saying this is like your first win in fortnite.i hope to experience that feeling one day but doubt it will happen

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's basically a similar game to PUBG. If you're FPS, you'll love it. If you're not, you'll hate this one more than others. Everyone's pretty darn good and you die all the time.

Reaction Score
Fortnite is cartoonish and more of a laid-back game, it doesn't have any vehicles or anything like that but its a smaller map so it wouldnt really work anyway but its very easy to learn. PUBG which has vehicles with a larger map and is more realistic, but is a lot more complicated. Anyway, add me on PS4: HuskyHornet15 if anyones trying to play, got 3 wins on duo. Not the best but not the worst.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Won my first duos game recently, got 0 kills. Which probably explains why I wasn’t as happy as I thought I’d be...

While it can be fun, this game is more popular than fun. Everyone plays it because it’s free. The building aspect on console is frustrating and anyone who figures it out better than you is going to kill you in a confrontation. The constant adding of useless weapons has made looting harder, which made the game worse. More likely than not towards the end of the game, someone with a rocket launcher is going to kill you, so you better hope you find one at some point. Sniping consistently is almost impossible.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Won 1 solo game with 1 kill, and 2 squad games including a game with 7 kills. Yes I'm very proud of that

I don't know why this made me laugh, but it did.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Do you play bridge with mom or are you a setback at the lodge type guy?
more of a magic the gathering guy

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I'm 28, I love it and play all the time. I don't hate the building aspect but I'm not nearly as quick with it as others. Other than solo mode you can play with 1 friend against 49 other teams of 2, or with 3 friends against 24 other teams of 4. Very arcadey, and can be rage inducing but also really fun. Won 1 solo game with 1 kill, and 2 squad games including a game with 7 kills. Yes I'm very proud of that
I'm 55 and I sleep a lot. When I'm awake I'm either posting complete guesses about UConn mens basketball or scouring the internet for mean phrases to send to people who doubt the veracity of my guesses. Which is very tiring so I'm going to take a nap.

Reaction Score
Fortnite’s not my cup of tea. PUBG is much more fun but I rarely turn my XBone on. I don’t love saying this, but I’m much more a fan of COD. I much prefer the immediacy of it over those or say Battlefield.

More video game threads!!!

You're all over the place here. You prefer cod over other fps games due to the quicker pace....and then prefer pubg to fortnite (fortnite is much more fast paced).

Reaction Score
How do you like it? It’s every man for themselves against zombies as well, right? Are there team aspects?

Anyone tried ARK: Survival Evolved?

Edit: actually the zombie part that I was thinking of must be from DayZ.

Got pretty into Ark a bit over a year ago. Would only recommend if you've got a lot of time to sink into something, game isn't really designed to be a "pick it up and play for 45 minutes" type of thing, more like 4-5 hours at a time.

Reaction Score
Addicting, frustrating game that you spend more time running around then ever seeing anyone.

Highest finish I've had is 4th with maybe 3 kills. I've played many of games where ill finish top 10 with no kills and never seeing anyone. The building is cool and lame at the same time. Give me COD any day over fortnite.

I can understand the umbc player saying this is like your first win in fortnite.i hope to experience that feeling one day but doubt it will happen

Drop Tilted instead of Junk Junction or Moisty Mire if you want to fight people.

Source: Have way too many wins and hours played since learning about the game last fall. Mostly just embarrassed at myself.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I played for the first time yesterday. Mixed reviews. It's an arcade-y (read not real-looking) characters. You're dropped onto an island with 99 other players and it's survival to the finish. It's fun, but my only complaint is that there's a building element to it. So you can instantly throw up a wall or 12 and build yourself a tower. Interesting concept, except these kids playing it build these things in seconds and I have a Trump wall reject on my hands. Plays fast, requires little commitment. If you can over look the minecraft like building aspect, it's fun. Full disclosure, I'm 43.
Im 42 and own a ps4 and play somewhat regularly. Many people dont realize that we are the nintendo generation and we`ll be the first that will be playing into our 60s. A few years ago the average age of an online gamer was 24. Now that number has gone up to 27.
I played Fortnite a couple of times but its just not my cup of tea. I like more reality based games like Rainbow 6, For Honor and Ghost Recon. I also play a little NBA 2k and Madden from time to time.

Reaction Score
I'm 55 and I sleep a lot. When I'm awake I'm either posting complete guesses about UConn mens basketball or scouring the internet for mean phrases to send to people who doubt the veracity of my guesses. Which is very tiring so I'm going to take a nap.
Perhaps the funniest post ive ever read on this board. You win the internet today sir. When you get up collect your reward. In your own mind of course.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom