OT: Do u play Fortnite? | The Boneyard

OT: Do u play Fortnite?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Hahaha. I bet the average age of posters here is 35+. Maybe their kids play fortnite I doubt many people here have heard of fortnite.

Reaction Score
I played for the first time yesterday. Mixed reviews. It's an arcade-y (read not real-looking) characters. You're dropped onto an island with 99 other players and it's survival to the finish. It's fun, but my only complaint is that there's a building element to it. So you can instantly throw up a wall or 12 and build yourself a tower. Interesting concept, except these kids playing it build these things in seconds and I have a Trump wall reject on my hands. Plays fast, requires little commitment. If you can over look the minecraft like building aspect, it's fun. Full disclosure, I'm 43.

Reaction Score
I do play the game but it is not good enough to be showing up on the Boneyard.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I downloaded it on my XBox since it was free and everyone was talking about it.

I guess the biggest competitor is Player Unknown's Battlegrounds, but Fortnight is more cartoony and has a building component. Battlegrounds has more realistic weapons I think, but I havent played it.

I thought Fortnight was kinda fun and after about 10 rounds I started getting the hang of it, but I don't really know how much more time I will invest in the game.

My biggest claim to fame is finishing in 2nd place without killing anyone.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I played for the first time yesterday. Mixed reviews. It's an arcade-y (read not real-looking) characters. You're dropped onto an island with 99 other players and it's survival to the finish. It's fun, but my only complaint is that there's a building element to it. So you can instantly throw up a wall or 12 and build yourself a tower. Interesting concept, except these kids playing it build these things in seconds and I have a Trump wall reject on my hands. Plays fast, requires little commitment. If you can over look the minecraft like building aspect, it's fun. Full disclosure, I'm 43.

You'll probably like PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG).

Reaction Score
I'm 28, I love it and play all the time. I don't hate the building aspect but I'm not nearly as quick with it as others. Other than solo mode you can play with 1 friend against 49 other teams of 2, or with 3 friends against 24 other teams of 4. Very arcadey, and can be rage inducing but also really fun. Won 1 solo game with 1 kill, and 2 squad games including a game with 7 kills. Yes I'm very proud of that

Reaction Score
Yeah, it's not as popular as, say, who makes good sandwiches.

We talk food all the time. I have never seen a thread about video games in 10 years. That's the point. Nice try.

Reaction Score
Everyone in college and under plays it. Everyone. Kids who don't have consoles play it and love playing it (people like me). Fortnite is insanely fun.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Huge hit with the 13 and under crowd. All my students want tot all about.

Reaction Score
Fortnite’s not my cup of tea. PUBG is much more fun but I rarely turn my XBone on. I don’t love saying this, but I’m much more a fan of COD. I much prefer the immediacy of it over those or say Battlefield.

More video game threads!!!

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Fortnite’s not my cup of tea. PUBG is much more fun but I rarely turn my XBone on. I don’t love saying this, but I’m much more a fan of COD. I much prefer the immediacy of it over those or say Battlefield.

More video game threads!!!

Is PUBG free to play also?

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Fortnite is great. I'm mid-30s and have a group of friends my age who play. It's addicting. Lots of strategy. It's free, which is a bonus. I'm on PS4. PS4 and PC can play cross-platform, which is nice. The games can go pretty quick if you die early. It's timed, so it can only go about 30 mins max.

Reaction Score
I’m addicted to PUBG. Most fun I’ve had gaming since Murray Williams & Jeff King controlled the paint.

Fortnite didn’t do it for me.

Penfield, it’s $29.99 on Xbox. “Early release”, so its technically not a complete game yet, but it’s supoorted well. The 11th patch since release (12/12) is due any day now.

Reaction Score
No, it’s $30 with some micro transactions. Loot boxes, which have come under fire as a type of gambling, lol.

There are no microtransactions with the Xbox version.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Thanks guys, if it was free I might give it a shot, but its not worth $30 just to see if I like it.

I think I am actually going to save up my money for a Switch. I don't have a ton of time to hog the TV anymore and I love Nintendo games so I think that is the best option. XBox is probably going to turn into a dedicated 4K bluray player until Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I've got 2 solo wins (one is a recent Blitz game mode) 4 duo wins and 3 squad wins. My building is improving as is my gun-play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom