OT: Diallo to KU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Diallo to KU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. We as UCONN fans care a lot more about tourney success than these kids do. They're shooting for a prime spot in the NBA draft.

Reaction Score
He's going to be a monster defensively. Nerlens Noel is the comparison.

I think that's selling Noel short. They're just YT mixes but I don't see anything from Diallo that reminds me of Noel.

Noel didn't get the praise he deserved at UK because of the knee injury and because UK sucked that year. He was a monster there, IMO he was better defensively as a freshman than Anthony Davis was. Davis blocked more total shots (in part because he was better at blocking jumpshots) but Noel defended the rim against layups/dunks better. I'll be amazed if Diallo has that type of impact. Guess we'll see soon enough!

Reaction Score
KU's tradition, success and NBA pedigree are all vastly overrated mixed in with an overrated coach. Despite this its still very attractive for top prospect seeking exposure as they consistently dominate the regular season and have one of the, if not the best venue in all of college basketball to play in.

KU's tradition is vastly overrated? Are you a college basketball fan? They have 14 players in the NBA right now. Bill Self is overrated? Geez, tough crowd.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
KU's tradition is vastly overrated? Are you a college basketball fan? They have 14 players in the NBA right now. Bill Self is overrated? Geez, tough crowd.

We get it ... you're a Jayhawks fan.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Also, keep in mind that the kids making these decisions don't have the same background as a lifelong UCONN fan. Hence why some of their decisions may seem downright bizarre at times.

Reaction Score
Mclemore wasn't even a top 25 recruit and he went one and done (kinda) into the lottery. Xavier also went one and done into the lottery, albeit as a top 5 kid. You're examples are bad.

Your*

And having a legitimate case against 1/3 guys doesn't invalidate what I said.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
B12 is always overrated, Kansas wins every year because they're by far the best and only good team in the conference consistently.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think Self is a good coach just can't get it done when it matters than most. Not sure why but Kansas just folds come tourney time.

As a Husky fan I'll take winning championships over top rated recruits they get year in and year out

Reaction Score
Your*

And having a legitimate case against 1/3 guys doesn't invalidate what I said.

You were incredibly off point, it's o.k. There is no way McLemore or Henry's stock plummeted. Selby would have been the absolute best example if you would have thought of it.

But what do people say about 4 * guys like the Morrii, Aldrich or Robinson, who all went lotto? Hell, even Jeff Withey is in the league. KU does a very good job of producing bigs and a not so great job at producing NBA guards.

Reaction Score
You were incredibly off point, it's o.k. There is no way McLemore or Henry's stock plummeted. Selby would have been the absolute best example if you would have thought of it.

But what do people say about 4 * guys like the Morrii, Aldrich or Robinson, who all went lotto? Hell, even Jeff Withey is in the league. KU does a very good job of producing bigs and a not so great job at producing NBA guards.

Saying Xavier Henry's stock declined at KU isn't an understatement. Selby could be covered in "etc", didn't need to list every name ever when I named 3 legit people. KU doesn't really have a good track record with top recruits, even Wiggins stock went down at KU compared to where it was before and what it's been in the NBA.

Reaction Score
What about Cliff, Ben McLemore, Xavier Henry, etc stock all precipitously dropping at KU?
Cliff Alexander and Wayne Selden have not lived up to expectations but McLemore is a really bad example and Henry pretty much is too.

Reaction Score
In general I've been less than impressed with the job Self has done with some of these top ten kids. I don't think he gives them enough leeway sometimes - Pitino is the same way. Great coaches, not sure if it's who you want to play for if you're looking to showcase your talent for a year.

Reaction Score
Saying Xavier Henry's stock declined at KU isn't an understatement. Selby could be covered in "etc", didn't need to list every name ever when I named 3 legit people. KU doesn't really have a good track record with top recruits, even Wiggins stock went down at KU compared to where it was before and what it's been in the NBA.
Wiggins was the number 1 pick and is the rookie of the year, his teammate Embiid was the 3rd overall pick.

Reaction Score

Precipitous stock drop. Those were the words you used. Wayyyy off.

Wiggins was the #1 pick and a consensus 2nd team All-American. I'm sure you realize this. Yea, he plummeted his stock, ya know - being the top pick in one of the most celebrated recent drafts (pre-draft, at least). This thread is hi-jacked unfortunately and I basically agree that Self isn't the coach to choose if you are a 1 and done. But I just want you to admit you are wrong since you are often so smug, yet incorrect.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
I didn't personally watch but apparently he had big showings at the burger game (MVP?) and Jordan Classic? Sounds like the talent is already blossoming.
He was MVP in both

Reaction Score
Cliff Alexander and Wayne Selden have not lived up to expectations but McLemore is a really bad example and Henry pretty much is too.

Both are fine examples

Wiggins was the number 1 pick and is the rookie of the year, his teammate Embiid was the 3rd overall pick.

Read what I said again. Wiggins stock went down in his time at KU compared to what it had been coming in and what it's been since playing in the NBA. That much cannot be questioned.

Precipitous stock drop. Those were the words you used. Wayyyy off.

Wiggins was the #1 pick and a consensus 2nd team All-American. I'm sure you realize this. Yea, he plummeted his stock, ya know - being the top pick in one of the most celebrated recent drafts (pre-draft, at least). This thread is hi-jacked unfortunately and I basically agree that Self isn't the coach to choose if you are a 1 and done. But I just want you to admit you are wrong since you are often so smug, yet incorrect.

Refer to what I said above, and ignore me if you don't like my opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom