OT- Deepster’s Favorite Golf Course | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT- Deepster’s Favorite Golf Course

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
You should go to a real South Carolina course and play the Ocean Course in Kiawah.
Kiawah is fabulous. but actually I prefer a foothills course with some gorgeous mountain views. I leave the beach stuff to my wife.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I’m sure there are CT courses that will hold up to western SC. Last time I played there was about 30 years ago. Company had multiple plants in that area, and got out once or twice after work. Most of those courses hadn’t even been built. Most of this thread has been about 2 old Hartford muni courses. I would certainly hope your courses are better.
Actually, I'm just trolling you guys. I would love for some of you to take me to those courses next time I'm back in CT. I'm sure it would be a blast.

Reaction Score
Played Meadowbrook in Richmond RI yesterday again it’s in tremendous shape. Great layout and fair to generous fairways but the approaches and putting can stick it you especially if they put the pins in slick spots (like yesterday). It’s my 2nd time there and it’s moving up in the favorite tracks in New England. Not sure about the $77 price tag but it’s a high end course no doubt.

Reaction Score
I am in Orlando now and seriously considering moving back to the Upstate. marvelous marvelous place!

Usually stay at the Hyatt on Main Street....awesome downtown area...Greenville Live on Thursdays...good times...

Reaction Score
Played Meadowbrook in Richmond RI yesterday again it’s in tremendous shape. Great layout and fair to generous fairways but the approaches and putting can stick it you especially if they put the pins in slick spots (like yesterday). It’s my 2nd time there and it’s moving up in the favorite tracks in New England. Not sure about the $77 price tag but it’s a high end course no doubt.
I used to play Meadowbrook when I was learning the game before the upgrade. You put your cash in an envelope with your license plate # and stuck it in this huge safe with a slot on top. 3.50 for 9 4.50 for 18. The place was a wreck but the layout was really good.

Reaction Score
I used to play Meadowbrook when I was learning the game before the upgrade. You put your cash in an envelope with your license plate # and stuck it in this huge safe with a slot on top. 3.50 for 9 4.50 for 18. The place was a wreck but the layout was really good.

That's hilarious wrote this as I had a meeting today with a new rep for one of my larger vendors, he grew up in Richmond and told me that exact story this morning about the safe. lol, I remember driving by that not too ,many years ago when we'd play Beaver River on occasion and seeing that course while wondering where the sheep were. Dramatic change since then, one of the nicer tracks you can play in Southern NE now.

Reaction Score
Keney - Non-resident, weekday 18 with a cart = 58.00
Rockledge - Non-resident, weekday 18 with a cart = 58.00

I'll pass on Keney.
Bought the Golfing Magazine discount certificate for $50. Played Hunter ($30), Keney ($35) and Crumpin Fox ($59) got my money back already. Covers New England states check it out.

Reaction Score
Bought the Golfing Magazine discount certificate for $50. Played Hunter ($30), Keney ($35) and Crumpin Fox ($59) got my money back already. Covers New England states check it out.
Sure is a no brainer if you golf more than a couple of times a year. I have used it in other New England states too.

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
That's hilarious wrote this as I had a meeting today with a new rep for one of my larger vendors, he grew up in Richmond and told me that exact story this morning about the safe. lol, I remember driving by that not too ,many years ago when we'd play Beaver River on occasion and seeing that course while wondering where the sheep were. Dramatic change since then, one of the nicer tracks you can play in Southern NE now.
Funny, we cancelled around at Meadowbrook today due to weather. 3 of us from CT meet a friend from near Boston a few times a year at Meadowbrook or Beaver River, occasionally Connecticut National. Like them all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom