OT: Death Storm Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Way to start off the new year.

This arctic stuff is over the top.

Just trying to decide the correct attire for golf this morning took twenty minutes. Shorts or light slacks? Mock turtleneck, full turtleneck or long sleeve t-shirt underneath the polo? Light jacket or rain jacket? Knit cap or ballcap?

I ended up going with Ogre attire. Layers and layers that could be easily added or taken away.

And tonight the real cold stuff starts making its way down from Canoodlerville for a few days visit.

Reaction Score
Way to start off the new year.

This arctic stuff is over the top.

Just trying to decide the correct attire for golf this morning took twenty minutes. Shorts or light slacks? Mock turtleneck, full turtleneck or long sleeve t-shirt underneath the polo? Light jacket or rain jacket? Knit cap or ballcap?

I ended up going with Ogre attire. Layers and layers that could be easily added or taken away.

And tonight the real cold stuff starts making its way down from Canoodlerville for a few days visit.

Ya pr**k…..you played today? I played last Saturday up here with a SS FJ wind jacket and a LS mock it was real comfy and hit 46-47 or so………

Heading to Myrtle soon can't stand this crap……..no snow for you Chin?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ya pr**k…..you played today? I played last Saturday up here with a SS FJ wind jacket and a LS mock it was real comfy and hit 46-47 or so………

Heading to Myrtle soon can't stand this crap……..no snow for you Chin?

No snow. Temps in the low 20's tonight and in the teens on Monday night. Wind chill in the single digits.

Felt like I was in San Francisco today. Mid to high 50's, overcast and 125% humidity. Air was so heavy it took almost a full club length off of your shots. Of course I was halfway home before I figured that out.

We played a fun format today. Cart vs. Cart. Play both balls from the best shot off the tee and then play your ball in to the cup. Low ball from each cart was carded for skins. So it was part scramble, part best ball, part stroke play and part match play. We ended up in a tie so everyone bought their own beer afterwards.

Reaction Score
I'm about to play at 11. My attire will be pajamas and eye mask.

Reaction Score
Monday's weather: High of 46 low of 8. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Monday's weather: High of 46 low of 8. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE.

I'm currently at 62 and clear skies. Overnight low of 27 with showers.

Sunrise tomorrow is 28 degrees. 23mph winds from the NNW. Wind chill of 14.

Go figure.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
You'd think being born and raised in Canada I'd no longer be annoyed by this kind of weather, yet I still am.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
49ers got a little lucky with the weather in Green Bay today. Still really cold at -10 with the wind chill, but if the game was 24 hours later or the weather was 24 hours sooner, they would have been facing -37 wind chill with actual temps about 17 degrees lower at -12. I have to imagine that -37 feels a lot worse than -10.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You'd think being born and raised in Canada I'd no longer be annoyed by this kind of weather, yet I still am.

I thought this storm was an Alberta Clipper, but since there's no moisture from the south, it's a Polar Vortex. I gotta admit that it sounds pretty cool.

http://news.yahoo.com/39-polar-vortex-39-blast-frigid-air-over-231228456.html

That's thanks to a perfect combination of the jet stream, cold surface temperatures and the polar vortex — a counterclockwise-rotating pool of cold, dense air, said Ryan Maue, of Tallahassee, Fla., a meteorologist for Weather Bell."All the ingredients are there for a near-record or historic cold outbreak," he said. "If you're under 40 (years old), you've not seen this stuff before."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom