OT: Dead & Company 6/13 roll call.... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Dead & Company 6/13 roll call....

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
And being there is so, SO much better, too.

I’ve seen em a handful of times maybe 1/2 dozen since inception. Nothing touched what they were up to last night.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I agree, but I would like the ticket price to reflect that, too, though; I think the attempt to sell it as the Dead is what bothers me most. As I've said, I love JRAD, which is a bunch of younger, great, innovative musicians breathing new life into the cannon. I have no problem with that.

My wife and I listened to a bit of the show last night on Sirius and liked what we heard.

If you are ever considering going, check stub hub. Our tix were only $35 each. Granted, we were in the top tier behind home plate, but it was fine. Citi field was a very cool spot to watch the show. Planes were flying in and out right overhead, see nyc in the backdrop. Beautiful setting

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If you are ever considering going, check stub hub. Our tix were only $35 each. Granted, we were in the top tier behind home plate, but it was fine. Citi field was a very cool spot to watch the show. Planes were flying in and out right overhead, see nyc in the backdrop. Beautiful setting
Did you get to Mikkeller?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Did you get to Mikkeller?

I don’t know what that is, so no. Is that the brewery? We were running a bit late so unfortunately had no tailgating time...went straight in. My girlfriends dad did find a way to get absolutely blasted, though. He smoked a joint of 5 year old weed that had basically turned to dust and it took him to the moon. Was his first show in 15 years. He actually sort of cried out of happiness. It was a really cool moment that I’ll remember forever seeing the show with her dad. He’s a super cool guy and my dad and I don’t get along well, so it just felt special.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don’t know what that is, so no. Is that the brewery? We were running a bit late so unfortunately had no tailgating time...went straight in. My girlfriends dad did find a way to get absolutely blasted, though. He smoked a joint of 5 year old weed that had basically turned to dust and it took him to the moon. Was his first show in 15 years. He actually sort of cried out of happiness. It was a really cool moment that I’ll remember forever seeing the show with her dad. He’s a super cool guy and my dad and I don’t get along well, so it just felt special.
Yes it’s the brewery. And that’s great re your gal’s dad. Maybe get your dad some of what he smoked!

Reaction Score
I’ve seen em a handful of times maybe 1/2 dozen since inception. Nothing touched what they were up to last night.
Good to hear! We're headed to Darien Lakes and Cuyuhoga Falls this week.

Reaction Score
Nice set last night. I had a great time taking my Mom to first show, but all in on JRad from here on out. As well as working towards my 150th Phish show....got Camden, CurveBall, Hampton and NYE run all set. Nothing is more therapeutic than live music. Happy Father's day all.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Nice set last night. I had a great time taking my Mom to first show, but all in on JRad from here on out. As well as working towards my 150th Phish show....got Camden, CurveBall, Hampton and NYE run all set. Nothing is more therapeutic than live music. Happy Father's day all.

The first set through HSF to open 2nd were great.

ST Stephen was a hot mess . First the botching of 2 consecutive verses and then the jam ( which was pretty great in parts) fell apart when they shifted from 4 count to 3 and couldn't count to get back into the final verse. A dead stop Trainwreck.
But the resulting William tell bridge> eleven ( both d and c first time played) were pretty decent.

What I really liked is that for those three songs Mayer switched from his main PRS with the center single coil pickup installed ( which sounds like a strat) to a dual humbucker PRS which did a great job of echoing Jerrys late 60's Gibson SG tone.

A subtle but really cool choice,

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The first set through HSF to open 2nd were great.

ST Stephen was a hot mess . First the botching of 2 consecutive verses and then the jam ( which was pretty great in parts) fell apart when they shifted from 4 count to 3 and couldn't count to get back into the final verse. A dead stop Trainwreck.
But the resulting William tell bridge> eleven ( both d and c first time played) were pretty decent.

What I really liked is that for those three songs Mayer switched from his main PRS with the center single coil pickup installed ( which sounds like a strat) to a dual humbucker PRS which did a great job of echoing Jerrys late 60's Gibson SG tone.

A subtle but really cool choice,

Yep. What he said. :)

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
well even tempered bobby /s seems to have made an appearance again at Alpine Valley Saturday.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Anyone catch the Dodger Stadium 7/7 2nd set?

Sugar Mags>Scarlet/Fire, Althea>Eyes, Drums/Space, Stella Blue, Sunshine Daydream
Encore: Brokedown Palace, NFA

Reaction Score
That entire show was basically a perfect setlist in my opinion.

Agreed, for the most part. If I'm building my perfect setlist... I would swap a Morning Dew for Stella and end the first set with a China/Rider :cool: maybe shakedown/st Stephen over PITB. This is fun

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom