OT: Dan O reference | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Dan O reference

Reaction Score
The idea that Kaepernick is a distraction is wildly overstated. Chip Kelly came out and said as much. The guy has expressed opinions that a lot of people don't agree with, but he's still a pro. He was never once a problem in San Francisco and aside from one private, albeit noticeable protest, never allowed his political views to invade the work space. The average fan under-estimates just how tenuous an NFL locker-room is, anyway. Teammates hate each other all the time and they manage because they're adults.

That bit aside, his numbers from last season are eerily similar to Eli Manning's. I'll let people explain that one.
It's not really about the "in-house" distractions. It's about all the letters, calls and emails your fan base will hurl at you the minute you sign Kap. And you know sportscenter won't stop talking about it all season long.

"Next on sportscenter, should Colin Kaepernick be starting for the [insert team] after a lackadaisical 2-2 start to the season?"

Reaction Score
It's not really about the "in-house" distractions. It's about all the letters, calls and emails your fan base will hurl at you the minute you sign Kap. And you know sportscenter won't stop talking about it all season long.

"Next on sportscenter, should Colin Kaepernick be starting for the [insert team] after a lackadaisical 2-2 start to the season?"

I know. Dealing with that stuff only requires a spine.

Reaction Score
I know. Dealing with that stuff only requires a spine.
Look, I don't even have a problem with Kap's form of protest. It's unamerican to tell a citizen you CAN'T speak out or protest. But when you do that in the work place there are consequences. I'm a public school teacher and if parents complained about my making overt political comments then I would face consequences as well.

Reaction Score
I'm really tired of white guys commenting on blacks or the race card --- like we know what the ******'s about.

So like Ernies comment, stay in your lane. We don't know much about Kaepernick. And he's not totally wrong in his stance. I don't think what he did or thinks belongs at gametime; but, the outrage from the majority misses the bigger point: it's not far far egregious for a black guy (mixed race in this case) to point to American culture.

Look, this isn't complicated. I think we can all agree that Kaepernick could have found a way to address this issue without cratering his career and ticking everyone off.

He's not playing the race card. But no owner in the NFL wants to touch him with a ten foot pole. It's not even about money.

Being disruptive amongst the fan base plus being a disruption in the locker room literally makes him radioactive. Anyone signing him is potentially ruining the season before it starts.

Comparing his situation to Orlovsky's is the very height of ignorance.

Reaction Score
Look, I don't even have a problem with Kap's form of protest. It's unamerican to tell a citizen you CAN'T speak out or protest. But when you do that in the work place there are consequences. I'm a public school teacher and if parents complained about my making overt political comments then I would face consequences as well.

Isn't the anthem an overt political statement in and of itself? Not trying to be technical for the sake of being technical. He obviously knew what he was doing, I just find the whole "don't bring politics to work" thing to be a real gray area. We do bring politics to work. All the time.

I don't have a problem with an owner who doesn't want to sign him because of this. It's his team. I didn't love the protest myself, and if there are enough fans who feel strongly about it, then that's business. But for all 32 teams to pass up on him? That's where my comment about having a spine comes in. We're not asking these dudes to go back in time and sign Jackie Robinson. I think they'll be able to withstand the 'backlash' that comes there way over this (I remain highly skeptical, mind you, that this has any effect whatsoever on the bottom line).

Reaction Score
The general public doesn't understand the purpose of this signing, Dan O is there to be a mentor to Jonathan Goff

You're right about the public not understanding.
"Since Jonathan Goff was drafted by the Giants, hes been known in the locker room as a quiet and brainy guy."

Reaction Score
Look, this isn't complicated. I think we can all agree that Kaepernick could have found a way to address this issue without cratering his career and ticking everyone off.

He's not playing the race card. But no owner in the NFL wants to touch him with a ten foot pole. It's not even about money.

Being disruptive amongst the fan base plus being a disruption in the locker room literally makes him radioactive. Anyone signing him is potentially ruining the season before it starts.

Comparing his situation to Orlovsky's is the very height of ignorance.

It's truly amazing that people are unable to put any context behind this. Nobody in their right mind would call Orlovsky a better QB than Kap. But it's not all about that. There are other nuances involved that makes Orlovsky a more sensible option at this point in time.

Blowhards like Big Ern McKnowitall are looking at this with the perspective of a simpleton.

Reaction Score
You're right about the public not understanding.
"Since Jonathan Goff was drafted by the Giants, hes been known in the locker room as a quiet and brainy guy."

Jared Goff my bad lol.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
The idea that Kaepernick is a distraction is wildly overstated. Chip Kelly came out and said as much. The guy has expressed opinions that a lot of people don't agree with, but he's still a pro. He was never once a problem in San Francisco and aside from one private, albeit noticeable protest, never allowed his political views to invade the work space. The average fan under-estimates just how tenuous an NFL locker-room is, anyway. Teammates hate each other all the time and they manage because they're adults.

That bit aside, his numbers from last season are eerily similar to Eli Manning's. I'll let people explain that one.

the explanation is simple. 2-0.
thats two superbowl rings to none.
winning the whole thing twice earns you a longer leash.
also im not sure when the saying "life isnt fair" went out the window.
while Kaep has skills that are undeniable he has baggage, lots of it. its the same reason that tebow was blackballed in the league.
it has nothing to do with skill or lack there of, the media circus that he would bring along is not worth the skill he may or may not bring to a team.
im sorry if people dont like that but for the time being thats just the way it is. Life isnt fair, sometimes it just doesnt work out but as long as he keeps working at it, by mideason someone will be in dire need of a signal caller and he will get his opportunity and at that point the rest of his career is up to him. he needs to prove he is worthy of a starting role and will be worth the investment. just like everyone else in this league nothing is given you must earn it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What the Kaep crowd also fails to realize is Kaep's inability to get a contract isn't about him. His stance and publicity are toothpaste out of the tube.

It's a reminder to every other player on rosters the consequences if they choose to speak out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom