OT: Dan O reference | The Boneyard

OT: Dan O reference

Reaction Score
Not sure if should be on football, but basketball guy.

Jay Will should have the guts to use Dan O's twitter handle if he uses Kap's. Also not sure why he singled out Dan O, plenty of bad backups he could reference.

xau1WpWT_normal.jpg
Jay Williams (@RealJayWilliams)
7/21/17, 9:41 AM
Dan Orlovsky being employed in the @NFL before @Kaepernick7 is so damn egregious it got me like: pic.twitter.com/k8k6jQSQn8

Reaction Score
I think the reference is because he signed with the Rams yesterday. Jay Will lives in LA.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Speaking of egregious:

On the night of June 19, 2003, Williams crashed his motorcycle into a streetlight at the intersection of Fletcher and Honore streets on Chicago's North Side. Williams was not wearing a helmet, was not licensed to ride a motorcycle in Illinois, and was also violating the terms of his Bulls contract by riding a motorcycle.

Not licensed.
Violating contract.
No helmet.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Can't find link right now, but at least someone knows the purpose of the signing.

Rams need a 3rd QB for camp to throw to receivers without burning out Goff or backup.

Orlovsky is cheap and dependable. He's basically signed to be the pitching coach.

Reaction Score
If Kap wasn't demanding starter's $$ he'd have a backup spot

He wouldn't sign for what Dan o signed for.

Beyond the fact that nothing in this post is accurate it's a great point that I'm sure will get a lot of likes.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The rams signed up for a backup and not a demanding sideshow.

Kap should get a job and the NFL is freezing him out Tebow style but he isn't a starting QB and unless he goes to a team with an all pro starter, he will cause problems.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Kaep is being a martyr. He is asking for too much and requesting too large of a stage for someone who is just gonna be a backup, he'd just be a distraction for a team focused on winning.

This way when he inevitably doesn't get signed, he can point to the race card.

Reaction Score
UConn ballwashing aside, he's certainly not wrong.
Ern that's an ignorant statement
Dan has found employment because of his ability to understand the variety of defenses and work to prepare younger QB talents with less knowledge . He also still has the ability to guide a team in an emergency He has played in multiple systems and understands the game from a unique prospective.
He is most likely a future NFL coach. (That's not my assessment but that of last years Detroit Coach)
Last year at Detroit he surprisingly he beat out more talented kids for the backup role.
Because he was used as Stattfords personal coach. Helping make your good QB better has significant worth and enabled him to win the job. I think Detroit made the playoffs with their talented QB emerging.
Regardless
Creating a false relationship between CK and TO is just plain wrong. If you want to argue that CK should find s place in the NFL fine .but to do it at the expense of someone whose value to a team you really can't assess is just plain ignorant ,mean , and yes even racist.
But not unexpected from a Duke guy,

Reaction Score
The general public doesn't understand the purpose of this signing, Dan O is there to be a mentor to Jonathan Goff, he's like another coach. Teams dont wanna deal with the distraction of Kaepernick whether he was right or wrong in his beliefs its still a distraction no one can deny that. Who knows maybe Dan O could be the HC of Uconn one day, its funny he's older then his HC..

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That's it. Mop up duty, akin to walk-on for college bball to make practices better and take strain off the starters.

Gets some cash, builds up some more retirement credits and he can't get hit. Gets LA in the summer. No brainer.

Rams Sign QB Dan Orlovsky

Orlovksy comes in both as a camp arm to give the roster depth reps without having to exhaust Jared Goff or Sean Mannion beyond their normal work but also should offer some sanguine tips with his 12 years of experience.

Reaction Score
I'm really tired of white guys commenting on blacks or the race card ... like we know what the 's about.

So like Ernies comment, stay in your lane. We don't know much about Kaepernick. And he's not totally wrong in his stance. I don't think what he did or thinks belongs at gametime; but, the outrage from the majority misses the bigger point: it's not far far egregious for a black guy (mixed race in this case) to point to American culture.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I heard Kap interviewed a few times, he made some very sanguine points on the topic and he took a stand.

The flip side of that is there is some risk to doing so. I mean, imagine being at work and sending some opinion email to 100 people. Who knows what happens next, but if you believe in your position that's fine.

His biggest issue is he is asking for way too much $$ based on how he is viewed currently.

I'm really tired of white guys commenting on blacks or the race card ... like we know what the ******'s about.

So like Ernies comment, stay in your lane. We don't much about Kaepernick. And he's not totally wrong in his stance. I don't think what he did or thinks belongs at gametime; but, the outrage from the majority misses the bigger point: it's not far far egregious for a black guy (mixed race in this case) to point to American culture.

Reaction Score
I heard Kap interviewed a few times, he made some very sanguine points on the topic and he took a stand.

The flip side of that is there is some risk to doing so. I mean, imagine being at work and sending some opinion email to 100 people. Who knows what happens next, but if you believe in your position that's fine.

His biggest issue is he is asking for way too much $$ based on how he is viewed currently.

Totally agree on expressing controversy at your WORK. You risk your livelihood.

I don't know where he will land or if he ever gets paid again. He has flaws. But he also can play QB in the NFL.

Reaction Score
Kaepernick isn't the same qb he was in 2012 defenses figured him out not saying he shouldn't get a job however. He had an beast oline, an all pro TE, an all pro rb, a sick defense, and a top notch HC.

Reaction Score
The idea that Kaepernick is a distraction is wildly overstated. Chip Kelly came out and said as much. The guy has expressed opinions that a lot of people don't agree with, but he's still a pro. He was never once a problem in San Francisco and aside from one private, albeit noticeable protest, never allowed his political views to invade the work space. The average fan under-estimates just how tenuous an NFL locker-room is, anyway. Teammates hate each other all the time and they manage because they're adults.

That bit aside, his numbers from last season are eerily similar to Eli Manning's. I'll let people explain that one.

Reaction Score
I wish Kap's agent would be a tiny bit more vocal. Make a statement that Kap just wants a chance on a roster with no contract demands or starting demands. I don't believe he has made these demands but confirming this will stop the JSM's from spouting this theory. And it will make it obvious that he is being blackballed.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Point of the 3rd stringer is to give receivers reps.

QB has to be accurate. I'd water in a camp environment with no defense Dan O is more accurate than CK.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom